What distro do you use anons

what distro do you use anons
and with what did you started
>using arch, started with kubuntu

Attached: Screenshot_20190421-171400_Brave.jpg (484x441, 14K)

Debian first, followed by Ubuntu, back to Debian, then Gentoo, Arch, and now Kubuntu.

Manjaro > Lubuntu > Debian > Void > Arch > Parabola > Devuan > Arch > Debian.

Using arch but I still haven't bothered with fully fixing and setting it up.
Very first GNU/Linux I used and dropped right away when I was a wee lad was Fedora with literal live CDs where I tried to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Ubuntu > Fedora > Ubuntu GNOME > Debian > Arch > Gentoo
Gentoo's pretty /comfy/

I went full cycle, Ubuntu -> Debian -> Arch -> My own cooked up distro -> Debian -> Kubuntu
I switched back to Ubuntu on my company laptop to get shit done because it just werks. I get to flex on the Windows normies at work with my KDE rice though.

knoppix->ubuntu->open suse->ubuntu->fedora

ubuntu 14.04 > debian stretch > arch > gentoo > arch

OpenBSD, started with Gentoo

Attached: bialystok.png (118x118, 1K)

started with lubuntu now using /comfy/ bunsenlabs

Ubuntu Gnome > Antergos Gnome > Arch Gnome

debian first now slackware

Gentoo > Arch > Ubuntu
install gentoo

Ubuntu-Fedora-Manjaro, looking at Arch or Gentoo right now, which would be better? I really like Manjaro though, so I might stick with that.

fedora and now arch

Ubuntu > Mint > Debian > #! > Mint again > Manjaro > eOS (but don't call it that or you'll hurt the brand) > Manjaro again > Antergos > Arch

>Ubuntu (~2 months)
>Lubuntu (~6 months)
>Ubuntu Mate (~3 months)
>Xubuntu (~1 month)
>Arch (1 day, tried to install the KDE1 remake, but didn't go as planned and was tedious to install)
>Q4OS on an old PC to sell, so about 1 or 2 hours
>Linux Mint (3 days), realized it was basically the same thing
At that point I just went back to Windows because I need MS Office and I want to be able to play games now and then
Installed

>Knoppix
>Antergos/Debian

Lliurex -> Ubuntu (rocking beryl with the cube desktop and wobbly windows) -> Mint (uninstalled that shit fast) -> Ubuntu (for a long time) -> Gentoo -> Gentoo Hardened (selinux, grsecurity, good, but got tired of compile times) -> Fedora (no packages lol) -> Arch

Solus>Manjaro>Elementary

Started with SuSE and currently on sabayon. I've installled so many different ones half the time I can't remember if I've tried one or not anymore.

Using Manjaro, started with Arch

Ubuntu 10.whatever the fuck it was > ubuntu 14.04 > windows 8 > ubuntu 14.10 > Arch > currently downloading ubuntu 19

Started with Linux Lite(had a laptop with only 512MB of RAM and an ancient CPU)
Now using Fedora

I have GuixSD, Arch, and Manjaro installed over a handful on machine atm. Mostly am using Arch.

>Mandrake 10 > Debian Lenny (5.0) > Arch > Manjaro

Ubuntu -> Mint -> Debian -> Fedora -> Antergos -> Manjaro
On my main rig, but on my uni laptop I use Kubuntu

Use Debian.
Started with Crunch bang.
Crunch bang > Mint > Ubuntu > Debian.
Currently using lubuntu for my server.

This is the equivalent of /v/'s "post your mains" threads. It's an exorcise of pure narcissism. Nobody gives a shit what distro you use/used.

>started with lubuntu now using /comfy/ bunsenlabs
I started with crunchbang and when that died just used a netinstall of Debian and built #! using the same configs with my own tweaks. Still using the same setup and thought about trying out bunsenlabs just to steal any tweaks or configs from them.

Attached: Screenshot - 08042018 - 06_15_11 AM.png (1366x768, 381K)

linux from scratch > guixsd > plan9

manjaro > gentoo

Solus

Attached: solus2.png (1051x503, 100K)

Wallpaper please?

Mint, started with Ubuntu

>started with ElementaryOS (gay ik) now using Manjaro (even gayer)

Debian, Arch now Gentoo.

Fedora > xubuntu > Debian > xubuntu > Arch

Fedora --> ? --> Ubuntu --> ? --> Arch (now) --> Void (soon)

Gentoo
Started with SUSE 7.2 and later ubntu but mostly used windows.

mint > ubuntu > debian > devuan

I normally spin up a hyperv client of a headless debian for running private game servers, i did use ubuntu as a desktop distro but a lot of games dont support linux and thus win10 a hyperv.

Slackware, started with Ubuntu.

Arch > Manjaro > Debian > Ubuntu > Fedora

Debian>Fedora>Solus>Arch
I might try the from scratch thing or something similar since i still don't know shit about Linux

I started with ubuntu, now I'm using arch

using arch, started with Ubuntu back in 2013 because it was supposed to be faster than windows, it wasn't. but that wasn't the kernel's fault, ubuntu is just bloated as fuck, and i say that while having a quite bloated arch install (~800 packages).

windows 7 > windows 10

Ubuntu back when I was like 12, then moved to Debian, then moved to Arch.

Manjaro->Ubuntu->Fedora->Ubuntu->Arch.

I hardly even count Manjaro because at the time I used it, I had terrible system hangs with it, so I only used it for a few days. I used Ubuntu for a while, and then switched to Fedora for some reason I can't remember. Then I went back to Ubuntu, but got tired of it not having up-to-date packages, having to source a ton of programs from random PPAs and shit, and having it break every major upgrade. Now I use Arch and I'm content to stay here. If Void had an AUR equivalent, I might use it instead.

using arch with compiz standalone as a window manager

what is a good panel for it?

Ubuntu, then backtrack Linux, then Debian, then Kali, then Debian, now Arch.

Ubuntu. Planning to do a reinstall soon, current installation is a bit buggy.
May just go Ubuntu 19.04, or Kubuntu but I'm not sure I like KDE. Trying it in a VM at present. Maybe I'm just used to GNOME.

Ubuntu -> Linux Mint -> Manjaro (current)

There are no grade-a options unfortunately but there are a few decent ones:

cairo-dock/glx-dock
avant-window-navigator
dockbarx

They're all quirky as fuck.

Manjaro>Debian>Manjaro>Fedora Manjaro, looking into Gentoo or Slackware now.

Whoops, meant to put a > in between Fedora and Manjaro.

Ubuntu
Xubuntu
Debian
Arch
Manjaro
Kubuntu

It's good to be back, think I'm settled

people using gentoo actually triggers me because they're just wasting their time. there isnt a single spec of performance increase you get from gentoo unless you're using a fucking single core cpu but at that point compiling takes way too long

Can someone tell me why they prefer KDE over GNOME?
Is it that is more customisable? Better performance? Less buggy?

Puppy -> Ubuntu - > Kubuntu -> LFS -> Gentoo

Still use Gentoo as my distro of choice, moving the last two server VMs over to Gentoo as well.

The former. Specifically, because I can customize it to get out of my way; hide everything and use keyboard shortcuts to do what I want it to do, while still offering the full desktop experience where everything is integrated.

To be fair, it's totally possible that that's achievable with GNOME, and maybe I just haven't given it a proper chance.

>Windows 10 LTSC
>Windows 2000
And I swear to God I am not a pajeet.
Also
>Ubuntu
>Manjaro

>it's totally possible that that's achievable with GNOME
Well I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. As in hide all UI elements (dock, taskbar etc.)? Fairly sure that is easy enough to accomplish.
Keyboard shortcut to open terminal, press Win key and begin typing name of an application to open it. Don't know if you have more shortcuts than those.

Ubuntu - > Mint

That Win key thing is a good example of why I prefer KDE. In GNOME, it brings up a full screen thing with icons and blurry frosted glass looking stuff. KDE just doesn't do that; the "run command" popup is just a text box. I much prefer that.

I suppose it's a design philosophy thing; GNOME is just full of those kinds of over-designed elements that turn me off of it.

>it brings up a full screen thing with icons and blurry frosted glass looking stuff
Not something that bothers me as it is usually only visible for under two seconds before the application I've typed in launches.
Guess it is just a stylistic preference, or I am used to it at this stage and just don't care about visuals that much once everything works. I'm not really good at customising things on my desktop, certainly not when it comes to interesting aesthetics like you see on those ricing and desktop threads. Something I slightly lament.

My main thing with GNOME is the number of bugs I've encountered in the last year or so. High CPU usage or crashing when opening the system monitor, going to sleep after five seconds of not moving the mouse or pressing a key, locking/sleeping causing weird issues and it forcing a reboot etc.

Ubuntu for a few months, Debian for a year, Arch for the last four years.
Tried some other memes for a day or two, but Arch has always been the easiest for me to maintain and find support for.

KDE neon any good?

I started with Mint, and have since been using Arch for almost a decade.

Started with whatever the fuck Apple II had in 1980.
Using Win 7 for the past decade.

Manjaro -> Ubuntu -> Debian -> Arch

>all these people using arch
Thought it was a meme guys. I don't want to have to fix things everytime I run an update, doesn't sound fun.

Ubuntu -> Debian -> Arch

Debian on my desktop, Arch on my laptop.
I started with Mint.

Attached: 1555537428380.jpg (450x399, 140K)

I've been alternating between mint and Ubuntu for the last six years. I use windows for gaming.

Arch is more stable than Debian if you use your computer and aren’t a retard

Backtrack>Ubuntu>Debian>Sabayon>Manjaro>Solus>Arch>Antergos>Arch>Ubuntu>Arch and Ubuntu

Does the ability to install Arch prove one is not a retard?

Debian is my Current. *buntus, Arch, Void, back and forth between them, and now I'm comfy@home with Debian.

>Antergos
>Antergos

Distrohoppers are fags

Daily:
Manjaro>Arch>Fedora
Server:
Debian>FreeBSD>Debian

opensuse > kubuntu > opensuse > kubuntu > debian > Arch > Debian > Gentoo > Debian > Arch > Debian > Arch > Debian > Arch
Arch best distro

Not in any way. Contrary failing to do so pretty much proves you to be a retard.

>using arch, started with arch
btw, I use arch

Ubuntu 7.10 > 9 years > Arch (failed attempt) > Ubuntu 17.04 > Fedora > Arch (1 1/2 years) > Void (a few months) > Arch
Void's my favorite, but muh AUR. I'll probably come back to it someday.

>Linux Mint
>Various 'buntus, settled on Kubuntu
>KDE Neon
>openSUSE - Leap, then Tumbleweed
>Back to Neon
>Manjaro, Bunsenlabs, Fedora for short periods
>Back to Neon

Neon it is.

Nearly everyone here goes from a few distros and ends with Arch. I guess that says something. Don't believe the memes that Arch is a pain.

Debian -> Ubuntu -> Kubuntu -> Gentoo -> Gentoo reinstall on new machine -> Fedora
Looking to move to Silverblue with version 30.
Gentoo is more about customization these days.
lmao

Started with Ubuntu and stayed until they introduced unity. Swapped between Fedora and Debian a lot until I discovered Arch. Now using Arch on my D630 and Manjaro on my desktop.

Attached: arg linuggs.png (512x512, 51K)

ubuntu -> debian netinst -> arch -> gentoo -> tried void but it wouldn't boot on 3 entirely different sets of perfectly functioning hardware on 2 different brand new USB flash drives -> windows 10

fuck linux

Slax, Debian

FreeBSD -> Fedora Core 5 -> Debian -> Slackware

Now: Solus.

> Not Kevin

Attached: 1549086453505.jpg (1080x1080, 94K)

>Started with Ubuntu MATE
>Now using Solus Budgie

pape?

Nevermind, found it.

Attached: mmm art.png (1920x1080, 352K)

Failing to install Arch proves you're a retard
Installing Arch probably still means you're a retard or at the very least autistic.

Is Manjaro as decent as others say or is a giant meme?

>get my toaster cloverOS laptop
>try to install something
>"you need a new version of portage to do that"
>okay
>update portage
>"you new a new version of portage to do that"

What distro should I instal over this crapl? The toaster has something like 1GB, so I use i3. I just want the less bloated distro possible that don't give me hardcore headaches. I do nothing but program on it.

Attached: 1274472685919.png (404x404, 93K)

Install gentoo