Sell me on the mini ITX case

why would I want to buy one?

Attached: 1551563722961.png (178x282, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zLD_-POVYG0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you absolutely need your PC to take up slightly less space?

If not, no. ITX is overpriced and compromises usability, MATX just means less PCIE slots and is a better choice for most people who want to save space.

If you find the things you lose to be of less value than having a less obtrusive case. For instance if you're going to have a basic 1 GPU, 1 HDD, 1 SSD, consumer CPU, 16-32GB RAM system then you're not really benefiting from a big R6 or something.

I have that case and it's great, mini-ITX looks cool and I recommend it. Just make sure that the MOBO you get for it has 2 PCI-E slots so you can put an nvme ssd in it.

If you love manipulating wires in super small cramped spaces go for it. After ten years of this shit I'm over it

If you aren’t using a ncase m1 your are doing SFF PCs wrong. Loque is also acceptable.

As an owner of that case I wish I went smaller. I've had to transport it a few times and is almost impossible to fit in a carry-on bag due to the smallest dimension on any axis being over 10". At some point I'll probably downsize to the fractal node 304, not too much smaller to where assembly is difficult but enough to make lugging it around easier. Plus the white version is top tier mini-fridge aesthetic.

Attached: d7863aba-93eb-4780-83b4-8a7b9e8186e2.jpg (1000x1000, 163K)

I have that case. It's not as small as you might expect it to be.

Works very well as a home theater pc that you can put in on your tv shelf.

Other than that there is no point and the mobos are like twice as expensive.

My gpu rests 10cm above my psu in a micro atx case. It overheats on a constant basis. The small formfactor meme is bad unless you plan on running everything integrated.

Small cases are good for saving on shipping costs/shoving into your bag when you travel. If you're going to fund a backpacking working holiday for a few years by teaching English in some countries then they're useful when as small as possible (ie not that).
If you don't intend to do anything even semi nomadic, then there's no reason to.

That's not because it's small, it's because it's not a well designed case.

>he fell for the mini tower meme. You could have got an SG13 and have had test bench level gpu thermals

Which model? Sounds like you bought a shitty case with poor thermal management.

It's a meme. I went from a Define R4 down to an N-CASE M1, I like it but it's mostly a downgrade.
>Limited PCI-E expandability (ie. none)
>SFF parts are more expensive for less performance
>Cable management/space management is a nightmare
>To cool it properly it's fucking noisy because the case is more exposed, and you have to work the fans harder or compromise on fans/heatsink choices. Don't care what anyone says, it's true.
>Working on it is a pain in the ass because you can only access certain bits with other bits removed so you have to tear it almost completely apart of you want to change anything inside.
Just no. Got a Define R6 recently and about to go back to full ATX, very happy about it

Thermaltake Versa H17. Comes highly rated, but I should've known better when I saw this.

Attached: 81C9wo9HMnL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 333K)

why is the gpu crooked?

i wish the define could take 200mm fans

Too heavy probably
>mfw had to tie string round my gpu attached to the top of the case to keep it level

You shouldn't, especially not a Thermaltake model designed for watercooling that's the size of some other brands' mATX cases. mITX provides no worthwhile benefits but complicates cooling, restricts expansion and limits hardware options.

If you're like 99% of people and have space for an ATX case under your desk or on your desk then you should use an ATX Case.

Here's a tip

Attached: dice.jpg (1280x960, 104K)

>fractal node 304
node 304 is my dream case but it's always out of stock in brazil and i also can't find itx motherboards for ryzen unless it's an expensive model and there's only 1 model from 1 brand available.

every youtube case tester says you need space below the gpu fans. they all show how the gpu temps are much higher in cases like that.

Weirdly, that board puts the GPU in the lowest slot. Most mATX boards have a PCIe x16 slot as the top or second from the top slot, which should be enough breathing room for a three- or two-slot card.

Fractal node, 6hdd + 2ssd, perfect case for a NAS

Do you need more than one PCI-e slot?
If the answer is no, then mITX is a valid path.

It depends on what you are going to do with it. I have one for my media server. It doesn't need any PCI Express slots (it comes with 1). Need slots, stay away. Otherwise, why not go smaller form factor.

I have that exact case and I really like it.

This also if you don't need a large amount of HDD slots or large radiators mini-ITX is fine. mATX is also a good option if you want to use a slighty larger rad or more HDDs or the possibility of multi-GPU setup while still keeping it small. A lot of smaller mATX cases are around a similar size to larger ITX cases.

I have that case and it's a PITA for cable management. Although some of that is my own fault for buying a 300mm GPU and a fuckoff huge CPU cooler.

Thanks for posting that pic. That's a good deal on that case. It's the cheapest I've ever seen it. I wonder if they're clearing out stock for a new revision.

It's great if space is a concern for you and you're not using it for gaymen.

>It's not as small as you might expect it to be.
t. asian guy

I can't, sorry.

If you bought a mini itx by accident then its the perfect fit

this video
youtube.com/watch?v=zLD_-POVYG0
the power/form-factor ratio is now obsolete

OP, I have that case. I'm currently using it. It looks cool in that it's quite unique. Unfortunately, for mATX, it's huge. If you're going mATX for size instead of purely doing it for the price, then think twice before getting this case.

Are there any Mini ITX RTX 2080 or 2080 TI?

I have the bigger version of that, V21, great cooling/airflow and footprint. Specially if you want customizability and don't care about looks, just a tool for the job that's price efficient.
I wouldn't go as small as the V1 though, I'm sure you have enough space to not make compromises like that.

Just realized that I also have the V21, not the V1, so please ignore this post:

I really wanted a mitx build a few years ago but went mid tower atx instead. I. Glad i did because because i had to add a wireless card, a capture card and an extra lan port. Plus due to my workload the 15 usb ports on my motherboard all see use

I built my first pc about a year ago and I went with a suppressor f1. It's a nice little cube with decent space inside. Once I move to a bigger place, I'll probably get something that's not as compact but a little taller

What in the loving mother of fuck is that motherboard

Are you blind or just retarded?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132918

Fractal Define Nano S is some good shit.

Why aren't external psus a thing? I don't even mean one that looks exactly like a laptop one. Surely it would make making sffs a breeze.
hypercomf pc, but I don't think I'm fine with the psu less than 3 mm away from the cooler. Nigga should've gone with a AIO

Attached: 57208279_max.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Apparently I've gone for all the memes, because I've got that case and a AIO liquid cooler and I'm really happy with the whole thing. The best part of this case is that the PSU sits underneath the motherboard, so all the cables and shit just go by the PSU in the bottom and you can route all your mobo cables and shit through there as well as there's gaps to put cables. The biggest hassle is HDDs and SSDs there's just not a good enough way to mount them nicely in a small form factor case and they kinda just sit by the walls. Not too bad, but all in all, I love my little system.
It keeps cool and runs nicely. Biggest nuisance is the front fan isn't controlled so it's just on all the time and kinda loud and I've been lazy and haven't yet switched it with the fan I've got specially for that. It's cool having a fan that's basically the whole side of the case though.

I can recommend it OP, go for it.

post pics

maybe later if thread still exists, I'm just heading out to the gym now. Will pull it out from my desk and replace the fan too.

I recently ordered that case and its pretty big. I think if you're gonna go small, the standard for size should be the SilverStone SG13. I returned the ThermalTake and got the SG13 and the size difference is really apparent. The SG13 is super small. I only have a 1 TB ssd on the m.2 slot of the mobo, but it has 2 slots for extra drives. A lot of people complain about managing cables and sure it can be a pain, but I personally found it quite easy to fit with a sfx PSU that was I thought was modular but actually wasnt lol. I just zip tied them to the top of the case with a big gap allowing for airflow to the mobo from the front fan. Think you should reconsider cases OP, the thermal one is not really that small. Look into the SG13 or the SG05 if you're feeling audacious.

I have one and like it, but you have to go heavy on the psu or else the heat will just toast your fucking gpu.

I'm kind of in the same boat. An ITX case was great when I was in college, living in cramped dorm rooms or cramped apartments, occasionally packing up the PC to take home to my parents' house. But I gave up on them a few years after graduating. Just not worth the loss in usability and power.