What are some BASED languages?

I'll start - Prolog.

Attached: scrot.png (828x658, 88K)

Erlang, obviously
LLVM SSA IR

Rust. It's new, unique and will change the future.

Awk

C++
all your zoomer languages are gay

Django.

C++ is a fucking joke. you write some good code then a few years later some dumb boomers at ISO tell you it's now legacy.

Attached: IMG_20190329_220251.png (192x376, 55K)

Rust is indeed very "progressive". It has taken the private member variable blue pill, template/generics blue pill and most important rust hasn't swallowed the manual memory management red pill.

HolyC

JASS
function Trig_JASS_test_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, "Hello, world!")
endfunction

red and based pilled

Java unironically

Attached: 111234500042929.jpg (664x720, 98K)

"if the choice of C were to do *nothing* but keep the C++ programmers out,
that in itself would be a huge reason to use C"
- Linux Torvalds
C++ programmers are blue pilled.
C is kinda based, but HolyC is based.

>takes nothing returns nothing
That's some philisophical shit

Linus just isn't good enough to keep up with language standardisations and the respective quality of code.

Only Python and Lua have acceptable licenses.

Read them yourself. Short and simple!

My nigga

>what are C language standards

This

C++ began as C with classes. OOP is not based.

"any programmer that would prefer the project to be in C++ over C is likely a programmer that I really *would* prefer to piss off"
-Linux Torvalds

Stuck in the past. Who the fuck wants naked pointers and structures in his code? Or tediously typedef'd crap and hundreds of #defines.

I like Java, the core language. All extra web-services and enterprise crap is what pushes me away from it.

C programmers, lots of us still out there

I want to say Lua, but all I've ever used it for is Awesome WM so I don't have enough experience to make a proper judgement.

Python is pretty based and redpilled.

pretty much anybody who wants to spend less time learning the language and its intricacies and actually working on the implementation really

>"any programmer that would prefer the project to be in C++ over C is likely a programmer that I really *would* prefer to piss off"
>-Linux Torvalds
Refer to my last post. He's projecting.

mm yeah I just love reading documentation to figure out what permutation of which methods to call to properly initialise and destroy my shit.

>implying templates and generics are bad
>what is std::mem

Lua is based as fuck. Fast, lightweight, minimalistic and really easy to integrate with other languages. Best plugin/modding language out there.

>prolog
>zoomer

>Fast, lightweight, minimalistic and really easy to integrate with other languages.
That's my experience as well, but I haven't used it enough.

One of these days I want to try writing a NeoVim plugin using Lua, but I have yet to get a good idea for what to make. My setup is pretty fucking comfy already.

any turing-complete document markups

Java kind of peaked with Java 8. Since then it's like one step forward and 2 steps back

Templates/Generics are overused, in Rust almost everything is a template where ownership to do borrow checking. Have you even written a hash table for any type without templates or macros?

I am a huge ML5 advocate and it just sucks for doing things like this or other things it takes me to get back to. I've got the perfect solution to the challenge but with an excellent library and libraries it will be hard and I can't get my hands on it. It's a great fit for anything where you have an entire database of data to deal with and data warehouses.

I used to think that the best way to do ML/CSS would be to have a library that allows all the functionality (data processing, graphs, etc.) you need to do in ML to work with it. Now I think about building a web app to serve up all the API calls I don't need and I see that this problem is being solved. There are still some people out there who hate it, but that's the part I'm worth.

Why would I write generic container without using generics?
Or do you want me to just copy and paste implementation over and over again for every case and hope I won't forget to update all of them when I change something in the implementation?
Hash table or any container is a great example for why generics are useful.

Literally would be a perfectly good language if boomers hadn't fucked it so hard

Put the values of the hashtable outside the hashtable struct. Keys are hashed so hash table does not need to know about them. Templates are useful, but often overused.

AWK was based maybe 20 years ago but nowadays is pretty much deprecated.
Don't get me wrong it's still pretty useful in scripts but it offers no advantage over Perl 5.

Python.

Attached: 1552007264984.png (888x894, 520K)

Kotlin

It isn't even trying to please delusional academia cucks

Shit was built by engineers with the sole goal of getting shit done in the real world

I plan on learning some prolog myself but need a good project.

>C++
>copy-paste headers
>no package manager

Javascript

What benefit does it have to keep values away from a container?
Also what about ownership and lifetimes? Do I have to remember which values are in hashtable and explicitly remove them to avoid dangling pointers? Also how do I strongly type that table if I can't use generics?

Been trying Go recently. So far it seems alright.

vimscript
/t

Attached: 2019-04-21-160711_1440x871_scrot.png (1440x871, 196K)

forth

I think natural language processing is all it has ever really excelled at.

why does this still exist? why not just use ruby? or python? Learning the language just for the editor is a waste of time.

Expert systems too, though that's not much use these days

I'm not saying it's better, just that it is possible. The values and keys are stored in array and the hash table has a unique index for each key/hash. There are possible performance benefit by splitting up functions like map_insert, map_find to smaller functions, but you might write a custom implementation when performance really is that important anyway. One nice benefit is that there is no difference between "hash set" and "hash map". Even better benifit is that you can extend a hash table by adding more values for each key, even in a completly different file if you wanted. You can base an entity system on a hash table, and just add arrays for different components.

Lifetimes are obvious, the side-arrays have the same lifetime as the hashtable itself.

Hash table with side-arrays are declared like this if you didn't already get it:
Map map = {0};
char **keys = NULL;
char **values = NULL;

html

Attached: jokr.png (403x325, 218K)

Attached: first i nail this roof.jpg (640x690, 63K)

>private member variable blue pill
how is it bad?
>template/generics blue pill
they are maybe overused, but it's hands down the biggest feature you're gonna miss when you use C
>manual memory management red pill
not as important as you think, ref counting and unique ownership cover the 99% of use case

Don't get me wrong, Rust has many major issues... but you're pointing out none of those.

>no package manager
That's a good thing, zoomer.

>interface spam
>factories
>over-engineering
>pajeets

java is literally ruined by all the dumb faggot "programmers" using it

I just wrote random stuff. Private member variables promotos oop.
Ownership is passed to function through templates which is causing huge compilation times. And I've seen templates being used quite alot in rust. I prefer manually allocating and freeing memory over using gb, borrow checker or reference counting.

If it's not better and require you to write more code, then it's not overuse to use templates.

> Lifetimes are obvious, the side-arrays have the same lifetime as the hashtable itself.
Not really. If the values are stored separately, you could move them to different scope/thread. What would happen to keys then? You have to way to guarantee data consistency.

COBOL.
But only if you read the code with a robotic voice.

Go

Rust has no gb.
Borrow checker happens on runtime. It's like static analyser.
You will have to do reference counting if you deal with non static data shared between threads or when it's not clear who owns the value(who should drop it), even if you use manual management. In Rust it's completely explicit, you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

LISP

Attached: deep_lisp.png (565x63, 15K)

Clojure

writing plugins in vimL is unironically more cozy than both the vim and neovim python API.

thankfully, neovim embeds Lua, which is a somewhat humane plugin language.

HTML

Most of the big 60s languages are pretty based, I like Pascal.

python, but only 2.7. python3 is garbage

Bash

C#