What is the best light bulb technology?

I prefer CFL light bulbs because there's just something about the light they output. It just feels more comfy. Probably because the light is diffused. Also the gap of energy efficiency between tungsten and CFL (25%) is greater than that of the gap between CFL and LED which is only 9%. But CFL's are cheaper than LED's (In some places/stores). Yes, I'm biased towards CFLs.

So what's Jow Forums's opinion? What technology is better out of pic related?

Attached: LED-Light-Bulb-Comparison.jpg (540x405, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pAqGpoWLLZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been buying LEDs, I'm happy with them. Roommate has habit of leaving lights on, now I don't care

LED master race

Attached: 1551470524982.webm (853x480, 1.17M)

LEDs are cheap and reliable. I just use those.

Warm CLFs on bedroom and living room, cold CLFs on bathroom and kitchen

>CLF
>better light profile than LED
>shorter lifespan
>not as energy-efficient (gets hot)
>takes time to get to full flux
>if it breaks you get mercury vapors in your house
hmm

leds are fine, just don't get the shitty ones with the green overtone in it

old light bulbs are the best

This.
For me, just the mercury is a reason.

In places like a bathroom or just any other place where you’re not going to be running a light all too long a incandescent/Edison bulb is nice
For general purpose lighting I see nothing wrong with LEDs as they are cheap in the US and give off a better light than CFL IMO

>incandescent: soul
>CFL: soulless

I hope LEDs can save us from this sterile white light nightmare that is CFLs

>average life span of 25000 hours
>dies in 3 months - 1 year
Fuck LEDs. Last time I replaced a CFL in my house was in 2015. LEDs are a fucking scam.

Incandescent.

It's more natural light than either CFL or LED, it's cheaper to manufacture, it's extremely simple in design and usage and in the worst-case scenario anyone with glass blowing knowledge can make a really shit one themselves.

The other bulbs are more efficient but the job of a bulb is to make fucking light when you need it.

Bought my first LED bulbs yesterday, a 6-pack of Great Eagle 100w equivalent 3000k bulbs. They're ridiculously bright, I went from 4 60w bulbs to 2 of these in my bathroom because using all 4 sockets with these was making me go blind while taking a shit. Totally worth the $19. Going to get a 6-pack of the 2700k model some time to make the lighting just a little warmer in my bedroom.

Attached: 51jU1OVi49L._SX679_.jpg (679x679, 32K)

Depends. There is no way I can install CFL on my electric scooter, yet mains 220V bulbs can be installed no problem with minimal tweaking.
Cheap 4000K are OK.
Cheap 2700K are not, since blue light is reduced too much, and all objects become greenish-red.
Cheap 6000K are not, since they don't have much red or green on the ouput, and everything has bluish tint to it.

This. CRI is the most important tech stat that determines the quality of a light. Basically think of it like high colour gamut in monitors

Almost all CFLs I’ve seen are phosphored to have a warm color temperature like incandescents, not sure where the sterile white light comment comes from as in my experience it’s kinda hard to get pure white CFLs

Candle masterrace rolling in.

Attached: kander.jpg (852x480, 22K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1536259544376.png (1028x547, 501K)

>taking a shit in your bathroom
What, in the shower?

Attached: 1465419827654.jpg (480x451, 15K)

>$19 for 6 bulbs
lmao

americans often call a room with a toilet the bathroom. bathrooms in america that don't have a bath or shower are the .5 in a "X bed, Y.5 bath" description

>Almost all CFLs I’ve seen are phosphored to have a warm color temperature like incandescents
>It’s kinda hard to get pure white CFLs

I agree. Pure white CFLs are usually called cold-white CFLs. They give off more of a bluey-white than pure white.

Yes, you shit into the drain, and stomp in through.

Soulless "safe" candle
vs
CHAD real candle

That’s not too far out of line
I pay $12 for 4 General Electric LED bulbs which have proper constant current LED drivers

I pay $0.40 for a CFL.

What manufacturer?

No clue, they are all the same.

LEDs will kill your eye sight due to their high blue light.

I'm not an expert, but for most uses I'd say LED. You can get all sorts of color temps and such. However, I've heard that the subtle flickering they have is a no-go if you're working with a machine with spinning blades and such. It can make it look like spinning things are standing still or something to that effect. I think the machinists prefer one of the older types for that reason. I've also heard people complain that the majority of LED bulbs have an audible buzzing sound and they have to keep returning bulbs until they get a good one. I think some brands are better for avoiding the noise, but I don't recall which.

A friend of mine kept burning out LED bulbs in his kitchen, we finally figured out it was heat death. We took the glass shrouds off the ceiling fan and then it stopped happening. You could also be getting crummy bulbs.

Werks even with the cheapest CFL. I'm not going to waste money with that piece of shit even again.

>Bought an incandescent light bulb from some craftsman 3 years ago
>It still fucking works
All the other types produce shit light.

>Probably because the light is diffused

The amount of diffusion depends solely on the (apparent) size of the light source.

If the incandescent had a frosted bulb it would be more diffused than the fluorescent.
If you put a lamp shade over then they would all be equally diffused.
If you avoided direct lighting and only bounced the light off a wall/ceiling it would be as diffused as it gets.

Ok. So what's the opinion on halogen light bulbs (ES/BC-Type fitting)?

Attached: 3387-gls-105w-halogen-energy-saver-bc.jpg (840x880, 34K)

>A friend of mine kept burning out LED bulbs in his kitchen, we finally figured out it was heat death.

When an LED dies it's almost always because of heat.
It's also because cheap LED's use shit capacitors that are easily damaged by heat.

Pointless now that we have LED alternatives.

Low pressure sodium
No contest

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

ikea has those 1$ leds

I think they're making a loss on them, assuming you don't just go to their store to buy bulbd

Attached: [AnimeRG] Pokémon - 0980 - Mallow and the Forest Teacher! [480p] [x265] [pseudo].mkv_snapshot_14.11 (848x480, 45K)

There is no proper word for the room you take a shit on, nor the device you take a shit on.
W.C. gets the closest, but even that's a euphemism.

>le blue light meme
Excessive blue light only applies to LEDs which have a cool color temperature which is usually above 4000k which was a bit of a thing in the beginning of LEDs as the cool color temp made them seem more brilliant
Most LEDs sold are in the 2700k to 3000k range nowadays

Attached: image.jpg (1900x1810, 1.22M)

... toilet?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka S2 - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.00_[2018.05.28_18.36.54].jp (1280x720, 170K)

incandescent > led > clf

Cool color temperature is for daytime use.
Offices should have 4000K or higher.

It all looks the same once your eyes have adjusted, but one 4000K bulb in a sea of 3000K bulbs stands out and looks terrible.

My autism made me replace the 2700K bulb in my office's toilet with a 4000K version to match my office's 4000K LED light strips.
When your eyes are adjusted to 4000K and you step into a 2700K room it looks dirty.

Toilet is also a euphemism.

>toilet?
Means a woman's dress+jewelry+makeup.
It's basically saying "ladies dressing room".

I don't care but old money often mock nouveau riche for saying "toilet" instead of "W.C."

Are boomers still in the market for incandescents?

My uncle died and had a fucking shed filled to the brim with these shits

Attached: elevator.jpg (560x750, 136K)

>CFL
enjoy your electrical noise

you can the light level on LEDs though.

>expensive as fuck
>mediocre light intensity
>marketed as hip and modern in brushed aluminium housings, looks woefully outdated at this point
>burns out all the fucking time with the slightest current fluctuation
What's the worst light technology, and why is it halogen spots?

Attached: 71Fk9k+59+L._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 26K)

>Not cultivating bioluminescent mushrooms to light your home

Lmaoing @ your lives.

Attached: glow-in-the-dark-mushrooms-growing-kit-xl.jpg (775x500, 86K)

>CFLs have mercury
>dealt with dozens of broken CFLs
I don't feel so good...

I understand cool color temps have their place but to say LEDs have too much blue light that kills your eyes is bullshit especially given the current market for home lighting

old people don't want to accept that the sale of incandescent lamps has been outlawed. the next best thing is halogens

Besides that they're inefficient by nature, and burn out quickly, they produce superior lights. Up until very recently, film studios and photography would use halogens for their lighting. Nowadays it's all CFL and led as the CRI of high-quality lamps is very comparable to halogens

Attached: 1539420990035.jpg (704x690, 67K)

tons of LEDfags ITT.
I prefer CFL myself because the light is warmer, but *really* good quality LEDs are prolly the future.
youtube.com/watch?v=pAqGpoWLLZc
Here's a vid about both and their effects on your house.

Not really. Cheap CFLs are shit.

Agreed, that's bullshit and just shows he doesn't understand how light works.

>the next best thing is halogens
Not with LEDs to finally free us from the halogen shackles.

>burn out quickly

Maybe cheap ones? There are some large halogen bulbs used at my workplace that last a few years of being on for 10 hours a day.

LED Edison bulbs exist if you want a really warm bulb

I have these in my home, they are dogshjt

I can't remember CFLs being a big thing here to begin with, maybe the EU outlawed them quickly due to toxicity, I don't know. I only remember that everything suddenly had halogen spots, and nowadays everything has LEDs.

Incandescent for house/room use so i wont get fucked by PWM dimming or blue light.
LED for outside use.

>they produce superior lights. Up until very recently, film studios and photography would use halogens for their lighting.

Photographers don't give a single shit about the "quality" of the light (or at least they shouldn't).
It just has to be bright as fuck and all be the same color temperature.
All color comes from processing.

Some places in the EU probably still sell them like the UK. However, the bigger hardware stores in the UK are starting to drop their CFL lines in favour of LED. However, they're still selling Halogen BC and ES/SES bulbs.

According to you I guess photographers should just be using high pressure sodium lighting then since they’re bright as fuck and all HPS bulbs are mostly the same color temperature

Fun fact, place a CFL near a plasma globe and as if by magic the will begin to glow.

Attached: $_32.jpg (800x600, 74K)

don't do this guys it creates mustard gas

>m-muh 2mg of mercury
The cooling and circuits behind it is what makes it shit and crap out after a few years
halogen is better
nice
retard
good price, enjoy your chinkshit that fails in 2 seconds
chinkshit
"alhon best ultra super sunbeen mega best life ultra enjoy living 16klumen mega cowboy light"
Best lighting solution
>HURR LOOK IM RETARDED XDEEE

Does it? I've seen lots of people do it and I did it once out of curiosity because "Don't believe everything you hear on the internet".

TL light will werk too.

After lots of testing on my own I think that IKEA LED bulbs give the best light, also a great price. I only have ikea leds in my apartment.
Just my two cents.

Also fuck CFL.

I personally use Philips LED bulbs

Place a LED bulb under a black light and the diodes glow

Attached: image.jpg (2000x1500, 1.53M)

lurk moar

Attached: 1426977096044.jpg (590x438, 70K)

I've taken to using warm spectrum LEDs very close to that incandescent feel.

Not all light bulbs indicate CRI on the box they come in. Any other way to tell what CRI they have?

It all goes to the same place. What's the problem?

Led
They make ones that look vintage too
Literally no contest and anyone who disagrees is brain damaged

Friendly reminder that Jow Forums STILL doesn't know what CRI actually means and that most just think it equals "light color".

>bro get a high cri bulb
>I did, got the 4000k one and it still looks like shit!

Attached: 1440476642953.png (184x158, 2K)

>get a high cri bulb
>NO! I HATE blueish daylight in my livingroom.

Low pressure sodium.

The low power lightning has seen its Jesus in the LED technology, and it is still in it's early years, improving over time.

There is really no contest, and no need to buy anything else.

I'm using CFLs at the moment. Still seems unnatural. I like that they are warmer though.

If you care about the mercury in them, you are retarded.

LEDs
what was the LED light technology that prevents yellowing of daylight bulbs?

I thought you Amish people didn't use computers

>CFL light bulbs because there's just something about the light they output. It just feels more comfy.
It's the opposite of comfy. The light they emit is bland, sad, dead. Acceptable in a garage or a morgue but not comfy at all. Warm LEDs are the way to go.

LEDs still are not quite the king yet
There is a reason LEDs still have a really hard time in the horticulture industry

I refuse to buy any LED bulbs that are less than CRI90. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy using low CRI high colour temp bulbs.

This isn't 2013 anymore
You can buy high CRI LED a with a low color temp

salutations, fellow esteemed patron of the waffle stomp

Or even better, find food allergy, that will make poo poo liquid (i.e. lactose, or sea food), and then you'd need only to flush with shower.

Incandescent, because fuck greenies

>thread full of bulbfags
>not managing his lights with beautful colored led wires from his phone
plebs

lmao do you also have a google home faggot

>LEDs still have a really hard time in the horticulture industry

The fuck are you talking about?
Advanced greenhouses switched to LED years ago.
Crops grow much faster under specially designed LED's.

Attached: 1509011726.jpg (1024x683, 139K)

my man

This.
My LED bulb has been going longer than those shitty CFL bulbs.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (729x896, 114K)