/spg/ - Smartphone General

Housefire Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: dims.jpg (960x550, 72K)

>Priorities: OLED
>I would've already bought the f1 if it had burger bands.
based brainlet user.

In the interest of just getting more input from the last thread, my Galaxy S3 finally died on me and I'm on the market for a new phone. I got the S3 really on a whim and never looked into any smartphone things before or after I got it so I'm really out of the loop on smartphones and what current-day ones are. I don't need the absolute newest thing, so I wouldn't feel the necessity of getting something like the new S10, but was thinking about maybe getting the S8 or 9 just in the interest of picking up something I'm somewhat familiar with. Is there anything of note that I should know about these new models that significantly differs from the older models? (and how smartphones might have changed in feature set in general over the last 6-7 years) Should I not just stick to the Galaxy series of phones and branch out?

Note 7 if poor
OnePlus 7 Pro if rich
Galaxy phones are quite literally the worst Android phones you could buy. Zero benefits whatsoever. Just buy the OnePlus 7 Pro if you're not a poorfag.

Literally get whatever cheapest xiaomi out there because your retarded bum ass won't notice the difference anyway.

when's the Samsung galaxy a60 estimated to come out in europe?

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-A60.jpg (615x450, 52K)

>technology board
>general about one of the most rapidly deprecated type of devices
>always a steady supply of luddite cave dwelling fucks with no money willing to replace their 10 yo phones
Instead of buying a phone just buy some smack and OD next time!

Reminder to wait for OP7
Dont fall for Mi meme

Attached: bgr-oneplus-6t-1.jpg (1500x1000, 369K)

>Instead of buying a phone just buy some smack and OD next time!
Yeah, that'll help. Great advice man!

>wanting to replace your old phone
>wanting to replace the comfy device you have gotten used to
I bet youre fag who sleeps around all the time too

Attached: 1000.jpg (210x240, 6K)

gcam is fucking nuts

Attached: gcam.jpg (1504x2338, 865K)

Why the fuck are you even here then?

You're welcome bud, hope to never see you around again

Huawei P30 or Samsung S10e?

Attached: 1538342712590.jpg (480x480, 38K)

Same, not sure if cheaping out on P30 is a good idea but that hole on s10e bothers me.

*OP7P.

P30 pro, obviously
better battery life and camera
both are bloatshit anyway so it doesn't matter if you pick Huanigger in this instance.

>You're welcome bud, hope to never see you around again
Not sure what you're doing in these threads then if you hate phones so much.

>just buy a flagship xd
I'd rather wait for OP7Pro then retard

>hate phones so much
I don't, stop projecting anytime sweaty

Where is the black P30 tho, I'm not seeing it anywhere??

Do it, it's what I'm doing
I've scraped together $300/700, I hope to buy it on launch day.

When is the new OnePlus expected to drop? I kind of need a new phone soon.

May 14

how do I get away from iPhones? I’ve become so dependent on ios. Every time I look at switching I pussy out and don’t. I’ve always just taken what has been given and don’t know where to start when looking at other brands.

Is this a meme? What's the problem in switching exactly? Switched from ios to android and it didn't feel that much different, maybe because the iphone was the only apple device I had.

don't bother
all android phones are falling for the shitty iphone memes now (e.g. le notch)
it's all the same shit now and it's all shit

i am willing to give up OLED if you get a SD 845 for $300 user.

Far from a meme. It has to do with the fact that I have become so trapped by the ecosystem via apps and services I don’t know how to get out and through using apple have never had to worry about comparing phone hardware or software suites.

>(eg le notch)
>using "le" unironically
first off, kill yourself redditfag
secondly, the Mix Mix 3 would like to have a word, as well as every other Android with a water drop notch, fuck your shitty bar notch iFag

Just get the OnePlus 6T for $480.

>apps and services
Please, what are those unique apps and services you can't get on android and are they that important? Get real.

>I have become so trapped by the ecosystem via apps and services I don’t know how to get out

Attached: 1554476163912.gif (220x224, 55K)

So how do I migrate every bit of stored data I have.

based and btfo

>OnePlus
well now i'll just wait a month for the 7

fuck this is frustrating

What stored data you dingus? Phone numbers? Photos? Do you really need a guide for that?

It would certainly help.
Photos
Music
Video
PDFs
Miscellaneous files

All on the iCloud.

Pull them from the FagCloud and upoad them on Google Drive? Are you pulling my leg or are you that tech illiterate wtf?

And it can be hidden, unlike on iOS.

I think he is fucking with you dude.

The 6T is available and cheaper, don't get the 7, it's shit. Get the 7 Pro if you must get a new one.

>pretending to be retarded ftw
Absolute state of applels

I could have a worse hobby. I could buy chinkphones.

>I could have a worse hobby. I could buy chinkphones.
Guess where your iPhone is made then.

There is nothing lower than being an iNigger. Even a Huawei or a Samshit is 10x better than any iFaggot phone. kys

I have been an apple fag since 3g, but now I really want to switch to any android phone with pencil that let me doodle with a decent precision.
My budget is around 1k usd (prolly can push more), and I really wish to get something that also let me customize nicely and play emulators (nds at least) smooth as possible. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Samsung Note phones? There's Note 10 series aound the corner so get that or get a Note 9 when they drop price. I would get Note 9 since it's not pozzed with holes or notches.

best phone under 250 pounds?

What's gonna be the best smartphone of 2019?

Asking for a friend and me

Attached: 1522616573073.jpg (221x221, 28K)

It's still a bit too early to predict if any surprises will pop up, but chances are it'll be one of the fall releases as usual. Most likely candidates being the Galaxy Note 10 and Mi Mix 4, unless Huawei pulls almost a complete 180 with the next Mate.

Redmi Note 7 Global, or spend a bit more and get the Poco F1

May/June apparently

Unless you're only going to play turn-based RPGs, get something with a keyboard.

I highly recommend physical buttons for emulating anything other than turn-based games.

Attached: Fxtec-Pro1-004.jpg (1219x1000, 72K)

OnePlus 7T, after all it marries high end specs with super fast charging and the coveted 10x zoom cam. Seriously I know that one guy keeps calling me out on it but dude you have to see it to believe it. Gcam absolutely makes it god tier.

where do you get it for $480? I don't see it at that price anywhere.

no one knows
no one cares

>two year old chip
>costs $700

Attached: 1542983858017.jpg (499x338, 33K)

$650, actually. I wouldn't recommend emulating a Gamecube or PS2 on an 835, but it's doable for some games at least.

Attached: Toiletpapier_(Gobran111).jpg (2048x1536, 640K)

what is the best phone I can buy for $200?
I see moto with their stock android
anything else?

>AKSHUALLY
no justification for that price with that chipset
>b-b-but keyboard
no, still not enough reason for the price

So do you actually recommend using on-screen buttons? Or do you carry around a controller in the extra pockets of your cargo shorts?

Redmi Note 5 Global
Redmi Note 6 Pro
Mi A2

More OP7Pro leaks WHEN?
WHEN
H
E
N

I don't game in public like a fucking manchild, Christ that's fucking pathetic

Doubling the other user's rec for the V30. Bootloader unlockable, good spec, cheap as dirt, full burger band supports. All burger version of the phone, bar the H872/T-Mobile variant could be converted to a US998/Open market outright, which has all T-MO bands bar B71, which means you can get the cheaper carrier locked variants like Sprint/AT&T and just convert it. If you want B71, the T-Mobile variant is cheap as well since its always locked to T-Mobile.

i'm looking seriously. if you can't find it for $480 then fuck off

What are you on about? What did you take away from my response?

What do you want to know bro? I'm using one rn.

For starters, does it suck your cock and how much time does it take to charge from 0% to 100% with the new warp charge? Also fuck off.

aren't the UI on those awful?
the hardware seems nice but the software doesn't

Why the hostility man? What did I do to prompt it?

>aren't the UI on those awful?
MIUI 10 is literally handsdown the best Android flavor u pic related

Attached: 1492381060863.jpg (500x611, 80K)

That looks like someone who would praise, buy and recommend a chinkphone

Do tell me about a phone that's better than the OnePlus 7 Pro at that price point.

the Mi Mix 3

Lol

No bro. It's a meme phone with worse features.

>memephone
>says the faggot shilling a phone with a motorized, pop-up front camera
compelling argument

Attached: tumblr_n031cqIyUc1qb0vnso1_400.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

I dont have to "argue" against your retarded ass. Mix 3 has worse formfactor, specs, camera and OS.

Smaller battery tok

>form factor
and you're calling me retarded? holy shit the OP7 is a fucking dumpster fire and retards like you keep shelling out more and more money with each new iteration, you're the retard here
>specs
what could you possibly be doing that requires more than what an 845 can do?
>camera
heh, still thinking the sensor itself matters more than the post processing software eh? that great sensor in the OP6T didn't save the pictures from looking like shitty oil paintings. fuck I remember when I didn't know any better like you
>OS
literally the only pro over the Mix 3

both phones can use gcam but it's a fact that the OP7P has better camera hardware. Better battery and faster charging too.

Would the G7 Power be compatible with Verizon? I checked Kimovil and they listed the G7 Power having 3 out of 5 bands required for full 4G connectivity.

what's the point of folding phones?

A big screen for watching videos, but a small size to fit in your pocket.

OP7 is better in any conceivable way, idk what is there to debate:
>soc
>camera hardware
>battery
>battery charging
>gorilla glass 6

Obviously depends on the price, if it's gonna be 200$+ more then Mi Mix 3 could be better buy

Attached: 022a59a3b0770981d63c8c7986cb3a51.png (496x399, 89K)

They look good enough on modern phablet sized displays. Folding phones are a MEME

MI Mix 3 has wireless charging though

>wireless charging
>10w

Also I forgot bigger screen and RAM

Stop shilling Oneplus already, Jesus. Don't you get tired of it?

Do you have a source on its specs?

>no headphone jack
As much as I want to like the Mi Mix 3 the lack of a headphone jack is a turn-off and while I like the advantages a slider design brings it's ultimately worse than having a punch hole. My only choices for a true flagship nowadays are either from Samsung or LG.

It's common knowledge, ya git Buy OnePlus.

>my only choices for overspending on a fucking phone is pleb shit and utter shit

Attached: 09417FF6A2234340B3181D33313D82E7.jpg (306x210, 22K)

I'm not the OP7 autist, i'm just giving my 2c
I'm going by gsmarena "rumored" ones
neither have it so

Attached: DvHoZx8WsAA-Qgk.jpg (640x389, 42K)

>what could you possibly be doing that requires more than what an 845 can do?
What are you doing that even requires the 845?

I have no stake in the matter but it's just a pointless argument. Practically nobody needs chips that powerful.

what I NEED is a good phone for a damn good price and that's exactly what the Mix 3 is, not some overpriced Oppo re-spin