Honest and reasonable opinions about Fedora?

Honest and reasonable opinions about Fedora?

Attached: images(2).jpg (310x163, 3K)

not special

It's good

>just werks
>backed by redhat
>packages are PIE(Position-Independent-Executable)
>Comes with preconfigured SELinux
>Great flatpak integration
Good distro, nothing special but still superior to majority of frankendebians out there

Probably the best GNOME experience you gonna get out of the box, but that's it.

best linux distro, but it's still linux.

Pretty good. Strikes a nice balance between bleeding edge software and stability and probably has the best GNOME integration out there.
Definitely not a distro for minimalists though (systemd, GNOME as default DE, pulseaudio, ...) and they are really strict about what is allowed in their repos, so adding RPM Fusion is pretty much mandatory for average users. Occasionally you'll also run across some changes to upstream naming conventions, which can be quite annoying (e.g. getting errors while installing gdk-pixbuf modules, because the loader's name differs slightly from the standard).

>not special
found the ancient package lover or archtard or gentoofag. It's the perfect distro

My favorite distro

Attached: fedora.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

I like their focus on new features, security and keeping vanilla packages. It complements debian quite well.

Try out Fedora SilverBlue. It's like Nix and Guix but doesn't require severe autism to use. I use it on my main workstation.

Seems like it requires a lot of configuration out of the box compared to Ubuntu

objectively best linux distro out there

Attached: fedoralinux.jpg (473x500, 29K)

>backed by redhat
nice way to say "they literally release it bugged so users help prioritize bugfixes... for RHEL"

What exactly is the use of running a beta fork of an enterprise solution in a home setting?

imagine being this illiterate and schizophrenic.
Fedora does stuff on their own and Redhat then pays them so they can use Fedora as upstream

It's great. I have dist-upgraded my desktop since 24. Went on to 30 beta yesterday with no issues. It is the perfect compromise between freshness and stability.

>he doesn't know

cope

truth was spoken

Professionalism and up-to-date software.

see

Why?

downs