Graduate with a computer science degree in a month

> Graduate with a computer science degree in a month
> Realize how bland programming is in a workplace environment

What do

Attached: Capture.png (546x893, 896K)

get a comfy gov job OP

but how

Attached: 1548557001062.png (579x440, 234K)

Apply for jobs that will sponsor a clearance

Teach English in Asia like I did. Fuck sitting in a cubicle programming all day.

Stay in acadamia

>join a startup with a pushover boss
>work on whatever I want to
>spend every day playing with functional languages because "x company also does this"
>have a resume longer than your average Java god object SerializerBeanManager boilerplate
Programming is only bland at soulless corporations.

Become head sysadmin at big company

CCNA+Sec+ for the real meme job
>PROGRAMMERS (and karlie) HATE HIM

My solution was to become an alcoholic and spend 500$/mo on booze. I don't recommend this.

See if you can find a position working on a project you find more interesting rather than your day to day salaried programmer. Although the job security is nice, I've been searching for something I actually care to work on for X amount of months and then just move on.

this or this ?

Learn COBOL for job security and unusual challenges

I program for a living but my job is easy as fuck so I spend most of my time doing other shit for fun like reading books or programming on my side projects.

The latter, OP.
You're too smart for programming; this doesn't mean you're bad or anything, it means you can get more income with ease.
Only retards challenge themselves intellectually and earn

Oh shit wrong picture.

Attached: __kokkuri_san_gugure_kokkuri_san_drawn_by_sora_jiro__c2489378b7dffa4f27cd73f603509149.png (499x688, 188K)

Learn copywriting, create a web app and sell it high to start ups and small business.

Be smart, OP.

kill self

Grow up

Create your own startup. I don't get what's up with the slave wagie mentality college grads all seem to have these days.

Start your own company and develop a lively workplace culture?
You studied a high-demand discipline; probably someone will pay you for your expertise, and as you grow and begin to require employees you can handpick ones you would enjoy working with.

Go drink some bleach, shit stain.

Jow Forums thread.
I got into a math degree but I think I like programming too should I stay here and later get into a comp.sci masters?

I had a buddy major in math then go on to get a masters in compsci, he'd doing well for himself, I say. You might also try contributing to FOSS software so you have a portfolio you can demonstrate anywhere

Is freelancing as a web dev hard?

nice, though I live in a worse shithole than you might think. Mexico. I don't know if I will make it

I'm still an intern at the company I'm at and they're trying to entice me into a QA engineer position, but I told them I want to stay in development. Thoughts? I'm being stubborn but this intern wage is not really where I want to be at.

You might be able to find a company that sponsors your work visa.

>study a field traditionnaly related to offices
>don't like the prospect of it
What's happening? All the it and cs dudes I met ended up disgruntled and wanted to do "something with their hands". Is there a carreer advice issue i schools

grind

b-but muh open offices???

>All the it and cs dudes I met ended up disgruntled and wanted to do "something with their hands"
Like touch a woman?

There's about 80% of the students in my senior-level classes that only picked CS because they heard it makes good money.
Many of them are very open about the fact that they have no interest in theoretical computer science; most of them openly discuss how much they hate programming.
This was the same basically throughout all of my classes. I always wondered why someone would study something they hate just for a paycheck...

Now that graduation is approaching and everybody is talking about their job offers, it turns out most of them aren't even doing anything related.
Lots of them are going into technical sales. Others are doing super generic office jobs (paper pusher type things).

people still think if you're a programmer all you do is sit in your corner and probe the computer. that might be true for sysadmins though i doubt it but you can shit out more code if you're together with your team. if you want projects that you can work on by yourself look for startups.