6 years using Windows 7 in dual boot with Debian and now Mint...

6 years using Windows 7 in dual boot with Debian and now Mint. Friday the partition of Windows 7 broke and now I will finally venture into pic related, properly pirated.

I'll regret it, right?

Attached: Windows-10-logo-11.png (509x587, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Attached: 1533624772483.png (1614x939, 521K)

get LTSB and u good.

i heard LTSC is the new version, but I heard it is still buggy and unstable. im still on LTSB 2016 and dont feel like i'm missing anything

Don't, LTSB is garbage placebo. I installed it and realize I was wasting my time when it was missing essential features.

what features? i am genuinely curious as an LTSB user

Windows Subsystem for Linux. And tons of other features that I don't remember but tried using but noticed they were missing. I think I remember multi desktop not working the same.

And taking the approach of "I'll stick to the current version until the next version has seething enticing" is always the worst choice. It's always better to "I'll update and go back if there is something wrong with the update". I'm not gonna waste my time reading thousands of lines of patch notes to determine if I want to update. I just update and then I discover all the cool new shit.

this has been my experience though. i never found WSL to be a viable development option, plus, after I installed the Creator's Update, W10 became an unstable mess. it was only after I tried LTSB that I thought W10 was usable, and also not including any of the unnecessary fluff like cortana and W10 apps.

>Windows Subsystem for Linux.
Just use msys, ssh to a vm, or the million other options that existed before WSL,

>I just update and then I discover all the cool new shit.
And the bad shit.

I always notice it gets better. Are you guys running old hardware or high end hardware?

Not them but I run high end. It's literally a roll the dice situation.

Sometimes something gets FUCKED for a lil while, sometimes things seem a little smoother. I feel like this 100% in that Windows is doing the Apple Trick by absolutely gimping the FUCK out of old hardware to force you to get new parts.
>why microsoft?
because pajeets dont want to write code to support your intel core 2 duo and 8800GTS

Mid to high range

It's mostly shit from the software side and similar to Windows stability is never a given, only an expectation

>essential features

OP here. After 4 hours of use I already regretted.

How does one break a partition?

WSL is missing on LTSB but not on LTSC.
It's stable, I've been using it since December.
Get LTSC.

what version did you use?

It's not bad; not good either

Don't, even bigger don't if you play windowed games. Windows 10 is garbage, reinstall Windows 7.

Cortana a cute!

if you care about your security why would you ever use mint and you can download windows 10 for free from microsofts site

OP is a retard enjoy your bitcoin miner.
microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Yes.
I had a setup like that, installed Windows 10 to test it out, and now it's fucked up my boot partition, and the only thing that will boot is Windows fucking 10.
I hate Microshit so god damn much,

why would someone pirate it with some infected tool for mouthbreathing retards when a key is literally only 5 bucks on ebay?!

I was a staunch 7 user, but the high DPI font scaling is SO much better in 10. It's worth using LTSB just for that.

Security doesn't matter lol)))))))

dual boot across multiple drives and select from bios

This is true. I installed that LGBT Windows bullshit and bricked my laptop so went back to Windows 10 Pro like a normie.

this is the worst lie i've ever heard.
ltsb/c isn't any much different than normal editioms