ITT: We discuss LMMS and other open source music daws in particular why they are so shitty compared to there...

ITT: We discuss LMMS and other open source music daws in particular why they are so shitty compared to there proprietary counterparts and we discuss ways to improve LMMS and Ardour etc..

Attached: LMMS.png (1200x687, 322K)

LMMS isn't really "shitty" though. It can do everything you would need it to do.

Why does everybody think they're a musician? I doubt there are more than a few hundred people in the world who need audio software.

Who in the blue fuck cares what you use. The reality here is you can have the fucking worst software possible and still make better content then some people can in a professional studio.

Thats how audio is. If you suck, you suck, the tech aint gonna help much

It's fun like adult coloring books or whatever.
They're finished now that Reaper is on Linux.

Why not? Honestly it's not some exclusive elite society to be a musician.

Also we audiofags have never actually had a proper home on Jow Forums. We have either this place or we have /mu/ and nobody wants to interact with those faggots proper discussion does not exist on /mu/ especially tech.

So we here.

Because thanks to marshmellow, alan walker and fucking martin garrix every zoomer producer secretly wants to make it big, get millions of views and be famous just by dropping some samples, using 3 VST and some chords

part2
And it was the case before with skrillex, and before with deadmau5, and before with david guetta
Plus audio software is vatly overrated.
You can make awesome music with just an outdated tracker instead of going for "42-synthesis 3000 patches new edm synth!" and 100gb of kontakt samples
/rant

>outdated tracker
Muh nigga

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 171K)

What does aphex twin use?

probably several.. as pros tend to have to do

He probably makes his own.

Well there's this massive invisible barrier called talent that most of these edm wannabe faggots cant even pass through. Then beyond the talent barrier is the discipline and determination barrier which only 0.5% of people can pass through.

You have to know your shit if you want it

I remember using it and it keep crashing.

use CentOS

hey someone's gotta subsidize the costs for the real studios

>real studios
anyone still with the mistaken belief studios are full of musicians either, obv. never set foot in one

it's fun
get a hobby, nerd

basically this
you can reasonably do whatever in MilkyTracker, which is easy-to-use, mature, FOSS, and plays back your 20 year old .xm modules damn near perfectly

but a lot of things are just sheer convenience -- if I can do so and so effect in real time and fiddle with it until I like how it sounds instead of recording your own samples and the lot and processing things externally, that's a lot less hassle
I use Renoise a bunch, and I'm just floored at how damn convenient it is, things that I really wouldn't bother making in another program, I can do no-hassle in Renoise

vs say, a traditional tracker, where I'll end up falling back into lazy habits because it's less hassle to make certain kinds of music there

man, I used to compete in one-hour competitions over IRC
pretty sure some of these people could have gotten a job with how good they were
and all of it was with basically Impulse Tracker, Schism, Milky, etc, etc

at least one of them actually did do game music professionally I think

>I used to compete in one-hour competitions over IRC
That's awesome. Was it a genre free for all or mostly chip music or ...?
I downloaded Schism a couple weeks ago but haven't started playing with it yet because I haven't prepared any samples yet.

mostly free-for-all stuff, packs tended to have orchestra samples
sometimes they'd be chip

a lot of the time nowadays I'll make chip-style stuff simply because I don't need to bother pulling samples together

good thread/10

I've been in a handful. They've usually been filled with musicians, and certified music production technicians.

I was using FL through wine for a while now, which worked pretty ok but it tends to be a hassle every now and then. Downloaded Ardour today and am figuring out the interface now.
Anyone has any other foss daw suggestions?

Anyone else use Sibelius?

Renoise is the only good one, and I'd rather keep using Windows/Mac for FL Studio than use renoise on Linux

my guess is because you can use wine