So Mixtape is dead. What exactly happened...

So Mixtape is dead. What exactly happened? did google and co just spam upload illegal content until they could put them out of business or what? It's frustrating that good and convenient sites that aren't selling your data (Imgur) can't survive alongside the giant companies despite providing a much better service.

Attached: MixtapeDotDead.jpg (1894x915, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tsudoko/long-live-pomf/blob/master/long-live-pomf.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>provide service without sufficient content control
>pedos start abusing it
The usual happened.

catbox.moe exists, so not all is lost. Here's a list of other pomf.se clones to migrate to
github.com/tsudoko/long-live-pomf/blob/master/long-live-pomf.md

How do we know it was pedos and not just google killing the competition.

>did google and co just spam upload illegal content until they could put them out of business or what
take your medication

How do we know it wasn't the jews™?
We fucking don't but Google has no reason to because it was literally a non threat to them.

because they heavily implied it was the pedos

srsly you autistic weeaboos do a good enough job of uploading loli that a 3rd party doesn't need to intervene

Drink bleach, shit smear.

I like how you think that's so outlandish a claim that I must be crazy. And yet Google has been undisputed king of the web for the last 15 years.

Anime website.
You need to go back.

What's wrong with mega.nz?

You know you can enjoy anime without jerking off to loli figurines eh?

It's inferior to the old one, and more effort to upload and share files. Also daily transfer limits.

Did anyone read the blog post or are we all just going to shit upon one another

I thought the mosque shooting video was only banned in New Zealand? What's up with it not being allowed on catbox? I noticed they get deleted by jannies here too. Is this some global ban on the video?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-22 Catbox.png (1175x117, 45K)

Probably the site owner's discretion and just not wanting to host it. I don't agree with what happened either, but I don't think there should be restrictions on being able to post it. Just don't look. Then again, I also don't own a hosting website, maybe its a legal thing.

It's definitely a legal thing. And more importantly the entire thing was high profile enough to have concerns about being branded a right wing nutter for allowing to host it and so on.
Much more likely though mixtape shut down because of CP not some video New Zealand doesn't like.

I've been interested in setting up a filesharing site for quite a while now. It just seems very hard to not constantly lose money.

Between the competition, legal threats, russians, pedo morons and everybody else it will be an uphill struggle.

You can have a 40TB server for ~80€ per month. But still how would you monetise? How would you incentivise people to use your platform out of the hundreds out there? What about legal problems when people inevitably upload CP or malware?
It's just a shit idea to be honest.

Then do it? Just use it for yourself... thats what I do

There's a reason no website that allows huge files with direct linking exists on the web.. It costs too fucking much!

Yes, I agree. But I do have several very thoroughly researched answers to those questions, except for the monetization one. I wonder how to go about it in a realistic way...

A public one that is.

Have a job and write the monthly costs off as passion or hobby expenses and if that isn't an option there is always a single file limit cap, donations to mend costs, etc. Honestly 80€ per month isn't much.
What response do you have to the legal concerns though? I have thought about the same and had answers to everything but the legal concerns, which were the sole reason I shitcanned the entire project.

The fact there are worries of being branded a right wing nutter at all kinda shows the sad state of things online. I anxiously await the day that companies stop worrying about social science and just provide a good service to anyone and everyone.

IPFS is free if you have uptime and bandwidth :^)

Well the problem is if certain American individuals find out they will hunt you down to the end of the earth because they feel you hurt their feefees. Personally I stay as far away from identifiable social media as possible. I don't even rent my domains directly, I literally have a straw man company that officially rents them I don't even host anything at all political on there or anything else that could make me a "target", but nowadays you never know and I don't want to lose my job because some unemployed cunt in the US had too much time on their hands.
Welcome to the brave new world I guess.

That's the shit i'm talking about. In the early 2000s no one put any weight what so ever into what people did or said on the internet. Now it's like "HE SAID A WORD ONCE. SHIV HIM!"

That's exactly why I am paranoid.
There! I finally found it! The only existing backup of a TV broadcast from 20 years ago where in the bar running on the bottom of the screen he is quoted as saying something I don't like!
Cue getting fired and murdered in public opinion because someone threw an autistic shitfit and completely ripped something out of context you might or might not have said once 20 years ago.

Drink bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

You know I am certain that you are a bot. Why? Because the alternative that someone is actually that pathetic to post this in every single thread on this board is such a horrid implication that I can't accept it.

>literally 1% of the population
>but everyone acts like it's the majority

>except all these pomf clones we have had for years

>What exactly happened?
CP and pic related.

Attached: 1553075256403.jpg (600x717, 47K)

>did google and co just spam upload illegal content until they could put them out of business

Your views of reality are fanciful. Real life is a lot less fantastical than you think.

Most of the evil that Google does comes as an emergent behavior of their work and structure, rather than as any planned conspiracy.

isnt it like an opensource project behind mixtape

why doesnt op host their own site and see how fast they get taken down by "google"

Anyone here use anonfiles?

Soon.

Attached: file.png (1242x1785, 1.67M)