Linux doesn't have gam-

>Linux doesn't have gam-
Super Tux Kart 1.0 release is out.
blog.supertuxkart.net/2019/04/supertuxkart-10-release.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Lm1TFDBiIIg&feature=youtu.be

Attached: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fsupertuxkart%2Fimages%2F3%2F37%2FSuper_tu (320x240, 8K)

The year of the Linux desktop is upon us boys!

>click download link
>windows download available
no use to use linux

Wow, it only took the linuxicans 11 years to finish their first game. Too bad cart racing stopped being relevant 15 years ago.

Now it's all about the ultra realistic murder, so much better.

minecraft rocket league and fortshit happened while you were frozen grandpa.

Forgot about the mini-murder games within a larger game devoted to cartoonish looking murder, for the wee ones.

>Android
Wait, how?

dudebros are pretty much a vocal minority nowadays. There are far more phone players around the world than FPS fags.
Zoomers and soccer moms rather play shit like animal crossing than Call of Duty, and none of them will ever be able to beat a NES game because they all lack attention span.

Super Tux Kart is unironically a game for real fans of the medium.

It's unironically pretty good and now it apparently has online multiplayer. I think you can make your tracks on blender but i remember someone was working on a proper track editor. Graphically it's pretty nice now and it can show interesting visuals if you put the settings at max. It requires better track design, i admit that, but the new tracks that are replacing the old ones are very good. It would be good if someone can help them with better animation and character design. If i have the talent and willingness i would try to mod the graphics into making them look like zelda wind waker.

Attached: candela_city-2019.04.21_20.33.31.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

tux racer is unironically a good game though

I wish they had hovercraft and planes like Diddy Kong Racing. I wish this was Diddy Kong Racing.

Attached: nopdglvp64711.png (655x534, 288K)

Linux.

Android is the world's most popular Linux distro by a huge margin.

but why is it so ugly?

To match the average linux user's face.

You haven't played vidya on linux until you've strolled up to a proper Tux Racer cabinet.

Attached: 74008501.jpg (850x1095, 256K)

if I play this in Windows Subsystem Linux.............?

top kek shrek

Holy shit

Attached: takemymoney.jpg (1023x576, 102K)

Then it won't work or will perform poorly because WSL is a poorly designed tool that doesn't implement accelerated graphics.

but is it funny? or create some kind of logical paradox?

Diddy Kong Racing was the shit!

literally kill yourself immediately

Well I tried. Any suggestions I'm running WSL Ubuntu. I've already tried sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev and sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1341x67, 6K)

Engineers are not especially known for having aesthetic sensibility nor a knack for design

If you have Windows, why not play the indescribably superior that came out years ago?

newfag

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1490131575509.jpg (1282x1930, 187K)

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

damn, I remember when super tux looked str8 outta 2005
is this the power of open sores

You've fallen for a meme. If you want to run graphical Linux applications with decent performance, you should be running native Linux. Wine is a better compatibility layer in terms of graphical performance than WSL.

For bonus points, or maybe to run 16 bit Windows programs in 64 bit Windows, you can run Wine on WSL.

nice blog faggot

You need to use linux for good opengl drivers.

I don't think the point of this is if you run this on windows or linux unless you care that much about petty OS wars.

Holy crap that's very cool.

Why not trying to mod it? it's completely open and you can propose the changes later, a guy implemented a rocket league-like mode for example.

>554 MB
bloat

We're not using fucking Macs, kid.
If you had any ability to think, you'd understand the point is that OP is trying to use STK as an excuse to show that GNU/Linux is at all relevant to gaming, when it's not at all.

AMD opengl drivers on Windows suck.

You have to search in your repo.

>If you had any ability to think, you'd understand the point is that OP is trying to use STK as an excuse to show that GNU/Linux is at all relevant to gaming, when it's not at all.
Ahm, it looks more like a joke to me but if you insist...

Where do i get minecraft rocket league

i imagine having a linux parent would be like being that poor kid who always had weird no brand stuff in his lunch box, like no coke cola but ambiguous slosh called 'POP!' or 'KOLA' or some shit