New build. 2070 vs 2080 opinions?

New build. 2070 vs 2080 opinions?

Attached: Screenshot_20190414-144602.png (2048x1184, 428K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1464https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28
github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1464.
supertux.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My thoughts:
>2070=cheaper
>2080=more powerful

2070 IMO because if you have enough for a 2080, you might as well get a TI

What is 2070 and 2080

I'd probably prefer to die in 2070. 2080 is just too long.

The 2080 costs more

Buy a Thinkpad and stop playing games or go bac to

>linux
>nogaems
tell that to valve, check this guy's channel or example: github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1464https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28
Right now there's few things that impedes a windows game to run on proton, for example:
- Heavy/invasive DRM: Despite this there seems to be a fair number of games that runs with DRM software like denuvo, for example nier automata. For this reason i hope UWP to be killed with fire.
-Windows media foundation APIs and other codecs: A somewhat big number of games would run OOTB if this is fixed, this is hard because licensing for formats like wma and wmv, screw those codecs. Games that run perfectly by installing the proper dlls includes the new resident evil 2 remake. Sadly valve cannot simply distribute those DLLs that easily. Fortunately it's being worked on github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1464.
-Invasive anticheat software like EAC: This is basically the final frontier and can easily be a lock-in mechanism. This cannot be fixed as long the companies who makes this anticheats decides to support wine explicitly.
If this is fixed and performance improved i would hardly find a reason to use windows for gaming.

user you shouldnt've taken the bait. i gave up on windows long ago but still windows is the way to go if you want games to "just work"
you still have to make sure the game you want to buy is even playable (granted most likely is)

2070 and 2080 are quite a few years away, user. Just how long does it take you to build a computer?

>A 2080ti btfo by a fucking vega64
How will nvidia ever recover? This is the $3000 titan all over again, but this time, in gaemen and not mining.

Attached: wewlad.png (805x935, 61K)

oyy vey

Attached: shut it down.png (805x809, 53K)

what the hell is "OS X"?

user dont take the bait. use to use Ubuntu when i was a poorfag thinking valve proton would work, i doesn't and games take forever to download because of proton. games run like shit too. couldn't even get tomb raider to run smooth on medium settings when i was on ubuntu, now I can play it on high settings with windows. Dont take the bait user it's gonna be a waste of your time and you'll end up regretting it

How good is a Vega with waifu2x can they keep up with a gtx 1050ti now?

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

Shush, the adults are talking

user is probably just a heterosexual like most of us in thread.

It's the OS that Macs run, an Apple-branded distro of BSD.

this is about as relevant as ashes of the singularity benchmarks

I have tons of disposable income, but I opted for a 2070 because the difference was 10% in performance. I'll get a 3070 in a year and a half.

if you genuinely have tonnes of disposable income get the highest card you can, moron, because you get more fps no matter how you slice it. Upgrading in a year and a half to a card that will do the same that a 2080 does now means you're wasting your fucking money to have less fps until you buy the new card and get the fps you could have had from the start

Go drink some bleach, shit stain.

I have tons of disposable income but won't spend thousands of dollars in shoes. Isn't worth it. Same with the 2080 over the 2070.

:((((

REEEEEEEEE WHY AREN'T THEY USING UNREAL ENGINE WITH nVIDIA TECHNOLGYES? ARE THEY ANTI-SEMETIC?

It is objectively worth it you moron, if you buy a 2070 then buy a 3070 you're spending double the amount (or worse more if nvidia increases pricing again) when buying a 2080 is only 50% more than a single card.

wait for the 3080ti

Used 1080Ti

>discussing graphics cards
>adults

oh my

Attached: 938C52B7-2A54-4CE6-B688-35F8CBDB1D79.jpg (816x720, 88K)

Show us waifu2x speeds.

Adults don't just use GPUs for gaming. It's something amdhomos can't comprehend since they only build low end console alternatives for f2p games.

supertux.org

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Linux
>noanything
Fixed.

>launches into something about adults
>ironically showing his 14yo mental capabilities
Quality own goal there, user.

Video games are for children. Grow up.

Im really sory user, but my Matrox is rendering a full-fledged 4 dimensional copy of your mothers's vulva insides. Sorry i couldnt hear you

wait for Navi if you want that level of performance

They both are decent upgrades over the previous card.
2070 is more cost-efficient, 2080 is more "current year gaming" ready. You have to decide what's more important for you yourself, user.

Titan RTX or go home! Grils only dig Titans or Quadros, not memeforce!

Attached: qy6NpRhF_o.jpg (1365x2048, 410K)

This guy aint wrong

>122 is less than 119

Based retard