Server is always slow as fuck to update repos from

>server is always slow as fuck to update repos from
>apps take 3 days to update
>f-droid app has trouble even loading icons
>ugly ass UI for the app
>apps are not ranked in any way shape or form.

Why is FOSS so inept at providing a decent Android app repo?

Attached: org.fdroid.fdroid.1004000.png (192x192, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/67787/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>downloads a 12mb file everytime you press update
you have to be fucked in the head to defend that shit

Bump.
F-Droid is an absolutely horrible application. Almost every time I try to download or update an application, it just hangs.

>Almost every time I try to download or update an application, it just hangs.
This and my phone is fast as fuck.

> ugly ass UI for the app
yo this is an app store to download apps why do you want a fucking bloated UI. Its good as it is desu
> server is always slow as fuck
theyre doing this stuff for free so either you donate something or you dont complain
> apps are not ranked in any way
Install G-Droid

>bloated ui
The UI is bloated. It was never like this 2 years ago, it was better before the material design UI update which bloated the app.
>Install gdroid
>Install literally another 3rd party all for basic functionality of an app store

it is the price of freedom

Actually defending your hobbyshit.
Poo in the loo.

>Why is FOSS so inept at providing a decent Android app repo?
Because there is no hundred-billion-dollar company with fuckhuge CDN network behind it, you entitled little shit.
And before you try to damage control (won't read it anyway so don't bother): did you donate? No, you fucking didn't.

Well feel free to do one better faggot.

dont use it then
nigger

But I have to

YOU should donate MORE.

>imagine creating a thread about something you don't like.
All of you should just use Google™ play™ store®. It's certainly more of your alley.

You literally don't. All apps available on f-droid are open source, which means you can build all of them yourself without ever needing f-droid.

>The UI is bloated. It was never like this 2 years ago, it was better before the material design UI update which bloated the app.
You can use whatever version you like. You don't need to use the latest and greatest. I personally didn't like the new "feature" introduced in the current release (only showing some specific apps in the latest tab, instead of every updated app) so I just downgraded it to the previous version that works as I want.

>>downloads a 12mb file everytime you press update
What? Here it's a 2MB file, and it's only downloaded if the file has changed since the last time it was updated.

>imagine creating a thread about something you don't like.
So...50% of new threads on Jow Forums?

my main problem is that you have to individually install each app, but i think you need to root or some shit to not do that.

fuck android and it's locked down anti trust bullshit.

Attached: marx_bitch.jpg (474x637, 37K)

>I just downgraded it to the previous version that works as I want.
this is autism

its literally autism to REEE on f-droid material design because youre too dumb to fucking downgrade an app

He is right though, I use the old version too

autism is you downgrading instead of opening an issue

>not having root
just but an iphone m8

I don't totally disagree with the idea, though. It would be really nice if all devs included screenshots, descriptions, etc. By only showing apps that do this on the latest tab, they are encouraging more devs to do that.
Since I personally prefer to see all apps, I just use the previous version (the same one I was using literally a few days ago, before the update dropped).

>not installing G-droid
That's your peoblem, faggot.

>no dark theme
What is wrong with them, seriously?

Doesn't fix the server and lacks features

>lacks features
It downloads and installs apps dude, what do you want?

I'm thankful that it exists.

G-Droid is not yet a fully replacement. You'd know if you would read the description.

I don't really have a problem with the app UI or any of that because I don't have autism and it works.
My issue is more that they have to go full freetard on everything. I would like being able to have an open sores app store where stuff like Firefox doesn't disappear for not being free enough

It downloads applications I want. It just werks.

you are the issue user

Fuck off, there's nothing wrong with F-Droid

Fennec f-droid is basically the same. Was pretty good, but FF and forks have a shitty UI.

jusy go download the apks manually (lol) if the app is sooo shitty.

Had a lot of issues recently updating software. One app didn't get updated for ages while the software on github was far ahead. Went and just used the github version.

My only problems with F-Droid are the issues with icons not loading and sometimes around 17:00 (GMT) the server literally stops responding. No problem with download speeds here, my apps are all being downloaded at 2mb/s.

Just install FFUpdater from f-droid and use that to install Firefox.

This.

Or just use Fennec which is exactly the same

Honestly god bless it, it's a beacon of hope in a world of Botnet

>donate to foss project
>all money is instantly spent on diversity and advertising it was spent on diversity

>I donate to projects because of political shit and not because I feel that people who offer me a good product should be compensated for it.
You're in the wrong board, friend.

you got it wrong friend, I donated money so developers could continue improving the project, but instead they spent the money to promote ideological shit and project unsurprisingly went to shit

If the project went to shit, just don't donate anymore. You don't have to go complain about it on 4channel's technology board. Jow Forums's politics board would probably appreciate those kinds of comments, though.
In any case, since you said it was a FOSS project, that means you can always just fork it and make the project great again.

I dont have to, but I can and I want to warn others from wasting money that ultimately end up in pockets of parasites, I also dont give a fuck if some sensitive xe on Jow Forums gets offended by my post

Again, you're doing it wrong.
When you donate to a project, it shouldn't be because you expect something new in return. It should be because you've already got something in return for your money, and that's the product you have now.
It's like when you buy some proprietary shitware, except this time you're buying something that actually respects your freedoms.
If they decide to take your money and shove it up their asses, that's their business. And if they stop making a good product, you simply stop "buying" it.

>I must warn others from wasting money that ultimately end up in pockets of parasites
>If I donate $$ to a project, the devs should change all their ideological and personal values to mine.

Attached: hm.jpg (604x499, 58K)

Did you update to 1.6? It has been working noticeably better for me

Attached: Screenshot_20190422-155329_F-Droid.png (1080x1920, 179K)

yep. still not working well.

pls sir

You do realize the default Firefox app has several trackers built-in? That's why it's not on fdroid. It's a GOOD thing that fdroid doesn't push botnet apps by default.

Attached: fennec.png (1078x2509, 55K)

I guess this is not exclusive to the android version, is it?

Literally this. If F-Droid pushed Botnet shit what would the point of it even be?

reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/67787/ better link

Only issue I have is that it won't notify me of updates even if I have that option enabled. I have to check manually if there's one available.

No, it's pretty well established that FireFox is Botnet

This is all true. I approve this thread.

Those trackers are specifically made for android. They use different ones on desktop.

botnet is used too broadly here, I can agree that firefox is not the best but you can't compare it to chrome

Fennec is the best shit ever

Attached: 203655721_f3d4004054.jpg (800x480, 72K)

ofc I did it wrong, that is my point, I wasted my money believing that they will honor the promise to use the money on project and make it better, instead they wasted it on ideological bullshit

>if I donate money to a project devs should use the money on project and not on unrelated political propaganda
fyp

yuck