What does Jow Forums think of Deepin DE ?

Ive been using Archlinux with deepin DE for 8 months now it was somewhat buggy but really good looking...
Held on to it mainly because i didnt have the time to switch DE.
But lately it seems, that the bugs got removed and it works really smoothly. I actually really love this DE ever since DDE 15.9 has been released.

Attached: screen2.png (1366x768, 510K)

Chinese botnet

But really it just seems like KDE and iOS had a child.

as far as I know, the trackers were only included in the deepin package manager which isn't a part of DDE. Probably wouldnt harm me though to read through the source code of DDE...
Granted

I don't like it. I think it looks worse than more mature DEs like KDE or GNOME. It's also less customizable.

Attached: IMG_20190415_112143_719.jpg (961x961, 81K)

>Chinese botnet for including some basic system info like RAM
>Willingly gives billion times more data including his entire browsing history to at least over 2000 European/American mining companies

sqt here, my terminals backgrounds dark even though i am in light mode, deepin desktop as well. how fix? can't find in terminal settings

been using it for a few years now on and off out of all of the DEs ive used i like it the most and the deepin software is pretty good and fits nicely.

depin

Attached: 1494703213999.png (448x357, 6K)

Ur using deepin terminal i assume ?

Just click the menu left of the minimize button and therell be "switch theme"... very simple

btw deepin desktop cant change color unless you download or code some plugins....
I am pretty sure there is some plugin for this.
Im not sure whether there is some config file which u could simply edit...

Even the Chinese engineers advise against trusting Chinese software.
It looks nice tho.

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20180128070830.jpg (3840x2160, 1.48M)

fpbp

Chinese botnet

I used it once like 2 years ago and i had an impression that it tries to look better on the screenshots than being actually good. It has nice looking effects and so on, but actual usage was so fucking unpolished.

thanks will look into it

It looks more like a budgie clone with kde/ios blur.

Its sexy, if there wasnt for i3 i would still be using it.

Attached: 1555642700825.jpg (700x524, 57K)

It has this eye candy that could encourage normies to install linux. But it's too unpopular and, hence, unsupported to ever go mainstream. Sometimes I wish linux fragmentation got reduced by nuking half the desktop environments and their developers.

>browsing history
>address bar suggestions from history
>cookies from previous session
>dynamic search suggestions in address bar
who needs it?
Honestly, the only thing that is usefull are suggestions from your bookmarks. Other shit just make bloat your runtime.

As someone who has used Deepin DE for two years, it is one of the best, smaller learning curve than Windows or macOS have ever achieved, and it manages to have the best and simpler features.

But forget about deep personalization, which a lot of people might not care. It is designed for end users who wants to use the OS right away and don't lose time with configuration.

KDE is the best overall, but Deepin DE wins at the best design.

>>Willingly gives billion times more data including his entire browsing history to at least over 2000 European/American mining companies
I use Tor Browser you fucking nigger

It was the only distro that 100% worked out of the box for me. That includes no screen tearing (had proprietary drivers), no random internet disconnections, no black screen after wake up, and option to change mouse sensitivity AND disabling acceleration, no random error messages after login or startup, great file manager, and of course APT.
However, after around a week of use, Arabic and Hebrew characters suddenly became monospaced everywhere and nothing I did helped. Not only did it look hideous, it also made my cursor move slower on those monospaced characters. I sadly had to uninstall and move back to Ubuntu 18.04 which *mostly* works out of the box, except I had to download gnome-tweak-tools to disable mouse acceleration and I have random Ethernet disconnections.

Attached: iWxilqx.jpg (960x960, 142K)

Deepin is what Windows10 wishes it could be.

You don't you could not post here if using Tor.