Anyone into Memeduino?

Anyone into Memeduino?
Arduino thread

Attached: serveimage.png (3000x1825, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6F8wq8Bq5cg
youtube.com/watch?v=BDJWjtin6DU
youtube.com/watch?v=EaZuKRSvwdo
openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.gpio)
uk.farnell.com/kingbright/sc10-21srwa/led-display-1-0-red-cc/dp/1168625
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im learning to program on Arduino. Im ready Simon Monk's Programing Arduino. Any recomendations?

Sorry user, everyone on this board is into consumer electronics. The arduino requires electrical engineering and computer science knowledge. Something nobody has here.

I would recommend coming up with a project to do some simple task that can use the arduino to do so.

Arduinos are fun, and once you get to grips with the basics, play around with timers and interrupts, they're really useful to avoid using delays. If you're smart enough, you can easily write complex programs without resorting to delays or loops.

Fuck arduino. Get Atmega documentation, some makefile, avrdude and use bare C. Arduino library is utter shit, you've got weird semantics because during compilation it reorders your code (possibly I just don't know what things you aren't supposed to write there) and bloated program because they abstract too much from the underlying hardware which actually is FUCKING SIMPLE. If you know what you're doing, you just lookup the subject in the documentation and program the fuck out of it. If you don't know what you're doing, no library is going to help you.

One nice thing about arduino is that you can get cheap Atmega boards now (or maybe you could earlier as well, I actually don't know).

/diy/ has a geneal:

>Any recomendations?
Consider suicide.

Get an STM32 Discovery board instead

interrupt routine time!

What can you do with this thing?

A led blinker

kek that accurately sums up the creativity and skill of the average poster here.

Buy the chinese clones and move fast out of the Atmel ecosystem.

STM32 and Espressif boards are better bang per buck and have nice features. But Atmel is sort of okay.

Attached: calcium-K optical filter.jpg (3296x3000, 302K)

This.

This board is only for neets and /v/ tards, who have no knowledge.

beeps and boops

So it is a waste of money, got it

I remember the days we used this in college. Arduino is fun, once you go past the LED blinking and traffic lights I recommend you to build a robotic arm or something, you can find templates online if you don't want to design your own.

Well when it is not connected to the internet, you are limited pretty hard. A display or a clock at least needs another data source like some RTC module or data from the outside. Hence why I did the esp32 / esp8266

>Well when it is not connected to the internet, you are limited pretty hard.
Yeah by your own ability and creativity.

>Yeah by your own ability and creativity.
Speak for yourself, I know cool projects, but I don't really need a portable mod/s3m player.

youtube.com/watch?v=6F8wq8Bq5cg

I simply prefer working with non static data. Well an arduino could print readings of a sensor to a display. But why not take it one step further and display those readings on a website as well?

Reminder that ESP32 + mbedTLS fully supports TLS1.2 and HTTPS over WPA2

I made a fuel injection ECU using the arduino. You can really program it do do whatever you like
youtube.com/watch?v=BDJWjtin6DU

This, let's redpill more people on ST microelectronics

youtube.com/watch?v=EaZuKRSvwdo

Attached: e57a28ff.jpg (1024x576, 338K)

I recommend GreatScott/DroneBot Workshop yt channels for anyone into microcontrollers

I used one for different purposes in experiments. Open/close a beam shutter, move shit with a step motor to scan, once even as a simple i2c controller to read some voltage and current from a small ADC.

Damn, it sucks being a complete brainlet with no imagination at all, me jelly

You could build an own home alarm system and have a bluetooth module monitor when you are not around to automatically arm it.

Attached: fox_transparent_background.jpg (796x745, 206K)

Why use arduinos when e.g. STM32 "Blue pill" for the same price is vastly more powerful, has better I/O and comes with an actual debugger? Only advantage of Arduino is babby IDE where you can just write shit like "pinMode(1, OUTPUT)" instead of learning electronics

Discovery boards are kinda hueg because they have the maximum number of pins for their processor type and an integrated debugger.
Aliexpress has tiny STM32F0/STM32F1 based boards for the price of peanuts, all you need to add is a similarly cheap ST-Link clone.

Attached: STM32F030-Dev-Board-1.jpg (1000x666, 135K)

>Muh computer science knowledge. Guess you know nothing about theoretical computer science, so you can shut up. Category theory? Type theory? Compiler theory? Operating system theory? I could go on like this.
Fortunately you don't need any of this to use and program an arduino. If you have seen a bit of C you can get very far by just learning by doing. You don't have to program it in the arduino c dialect, but can instead use the AVR C for that. Don't be afraid, try it
You are right with one thing, which is that almost nobody who posts here knows anything

Newline after the first full stop. Guess I am retarded aswell

Memeduino is actually a good way to get dive into FPGA.
In about 4 months you'll know enough to get hired at 300k.
400k if for some forsaken reason you move to the liberal, poz infected, cesspool that is California.

programming with arduino isn't anywhere near programming with fpga, much closer to plcs. also, 400k? which company is offering that for 3 months experience with arduino, what are you on

I have 3 chink Nano clones, 2 of which are in active use, one is for fucking around

Really useful for prototyping stuff.

I started learning C and microcontrollers with the arduino. Sorry, but jumping straight into the ATMEGA from a position of 0 knowledge is way too much of a jump. Theres a reason the arduino is so popular and it because you have one peice of software and one peice of hardware, you write code hit uplload and wahey you have motors spinning and lights flashing on your desk in seconds.

Ive moved on from arduino into bare C into a microcontrolelr and its a hell of a jump. Youre staring down a 300 page datasheet trying to work out how to setup a PWM watchdog timer by getting that 1 in the right spot in the register using bitwise operators so the thing actually does PWM like you need it to while in arduino you just do PWM(255); or something equally as easy.

Getting the engine running was easy, and that was maybe 5 years ago now. Id say id only just be able to do it again in pure C now and even then it would be a workup.

I use them for testing peripherals and doing some real quick interactions.
I even used them to deploy something that "just werks" as a freelancer, implemented that on a PCB and earned some nice extra bucks without too much head scratching.

Yeah, sure, they'll hire a self-taught guy with no experience off the street just because FPGA is arcane magic.

Spoiler alert: There are very few FPGA jobs out there, and while they indeed tend to be very well paid, you aren't getting one without some serious chops.

Bare metal programming on anything more complex than a 8051 is for masochists. Most MCUs provide some kind of HAL for their hardware features (hell, ST even has a GUI tool where you put thumb tacks into MCU pins to tell it "I want ADC here, GPIO here, PWM here" and then it generates a bunch of init code)

Well, my experience was pretty much the opposite
>I need very simple shit with PWM, let's use Arduino
>analogWrite(...)
>fuck, that can't go up to required frequency
>go read a 300 page datasheet
>end up programming registers directly
>it causes API timing functions to go haywire
>...

>I need very simple shit with button inputs, let's try Arduino
>digitalRead(...)
>fuck, that isn't fast enough even for a fucking rotary encoder
>go read a 300 page datasheet
>end up reading PORTx directly

Attached: girl ripping kitten in half.jpg (550x717, 95K)

Oh, but I concur that starting with bare C and console tools without any IDE or debugging features is fucking bullshit and will likely just turn you off from embedded programming forever. Arduino is fine for a start, but too often it leads to severe baby duck syndrome when people start jury-rigging Arduino libraries to do anything and getting ass results instead of using proper tools.

Now that we are on this topic, I have an AC unit that is supposed to be "smart" but this thing can only be controlled from local WiFi and can only be controlled from a phone application.
Luckily it has an IR remote controller. My plan is to use a Pi Zero W with an IR receiver/emitter shield to record and replay the IR signals from remote locations, so when I'm coming home I can turn the AC on a few hours in advance.
My question is, could this be done with something smaller/simpler/cheaper than a Pi Zero W? I just need something that can do IR stuff and host a server I can connect to from outside the local WiFi network

You can do that with an ESP8266 board. It has built-in Wi-Fi and can work as a simple (and I mean VERY simple) web server. Do note that you won't get any security; if you want a TLS connection, Pi Zero W might be the best choice.

Attached: esp8266-web-server-thumbnail.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Or maybe you need a VPN server so you can dial in to your local network from outside and use the native app.

Nice, thanks for the tip. I definitely want it to run on some secure channel, but I'll keep that board in mind.
I'd still need a device running on the local WiFi network that I can VPN into, but doing this with using an IR shield sounds like more fun, the chink phone application is buggy as hell anyway.

>I'd still need a device running on the local WiFi network that I can VPN into

That can be your router, if it runs something like OpenWRT.

Oh, and those two aren't mutually exclusive; if you can have a secure connection to your LAN, you can run a LAN-only web server with no security.

If you are an absolute madman, you can jury-rig an infrared LED output directly to your router (read openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.gpio) and control it with console commands via SSH.

Speak for yourself, faggots. Glorious CE masterrace reporting in.

Attached: unknown-2.png (1100x805, 195K)

like...?

What are some begginer friendly yet interesting arduino projects?

Use the onboard ADC to sample an input audio signal, split into frequency components using FFT library (don't have to know how it works, just plug it in), and then light up some LEDs depending on the audio spectrum.

Another idea: 7-segment LED display alarm clock, but no cheating: you have to drive all the segments from the limited number of pins on the arduino.

You'll have to get an external RTC to keep track of time, but this is an extremely standard component for which many libraries exist.

big digit display: uk.farnell.com/kingbright/sc10-21srwa/led-display-1-0-red-cc/dp/1168625

some buttons to adjust the time, too.

'duinos are real fun. Got one out of pure curiosity and ended up piecing together a neat little gadget to help my aging parents out for my first RISC project
>wire up motion sensor, 2 leds, arcade button (those switches feel so gud brah)
>write up basic code from scratch, only things I needed to look up were syntax and interrupt handling
>also took the opportunity to try out woodworking, made a cozy little dovetail enclosure with a hinged lid
What it's meant to do is help my parents keep track of whether or not the pets were fed.

How it works: When feeding breakfast/supper, push the big button. LED1 lights up for former, LED2 latter. Motion sensor automatically lights up whichever LED has already been triggered, notifying that "none fed", "breakfast only", "both meals" when just walking by.
Upon pressing the button for supper, a timer set for ~8 hours starts which resets the state for both LEDS at around midnight

It's a glorified ticker but the fact that my parents love it and I finally got to try woodworking makes me real jolly pleased.
What I'm planning to do next is have one control my blinds so when strong sunlight is detected, a servo will automatically roll up them shades.

Attached: 1384494048525.jpg (1108x831, 407K)

why roll up the shades when you could have the window automatically shade itself in the presence of intense UV?

boi, I'm poor and it's an intensely old house that isn't mine.
Maybe when I snag my own place.

Hello, I have a Raspberry Pi 3B SBC. Yes it is easy to use and I have a pack of sensors and such that I ordered from China. I took hours to research the exact 32GB SD card I would use for quick read/write speeds. I have never done anything with it since I bought it. But I could. Just know that if a problem would arise...if you fuck with me...I could.

what ar u gonna do, dd if=/dev/null me?

no but ill throw this shit at you can its in a little enclosure so itll sting if it hits.

Currently in the process of making an RFID access lock for my front door with an arduino clone.

It's a good place to start, you teach yourself basic electronics if you have the motivation. You don't need an EE degree - there are tons of hobbyists out there as proof. Just make stuff and get better.

i have one

what do

Do you have electronic components? Start messing around with them

Last fall I bought a teensy to make an ergodox and I played with it a little bit while I was waiting for parts and it got me hooked. I ordered a few promicros from China and it sent me into a hobby electronics frenzy.
I agree with what others said that atmel's datasheets are very good. I was traumatized by NXP and Allwinner datasheets for their ARM chips a few years ago, but the atmega32u4 datasheet is well organized and concise, but still easy to follow.
Even though I'm sticking with Arduino for ease of development, knowing the guts of the mcu has already proven useful when I wanted to optimize some parts of my sketches.

Why did you buy one in the first place?

Blink an LED

BASED

nothing stopping anybody from writing avr C for their arduino board, and probably the cheapest way to go about prototyping it nowadays with all the cheap chinese knockoffs. last several boards I got were less than $5 at local electronics stores

>have a spare SSD and some HDDs
>“I know, I'll make a NAS run owncloud on it"
>buy RPi 3B+
>tfw raspi can't supply enough power for the SSD from via its USB ports
Of all the things that could fail I did not expect it to be this.

Anyone has a recommendation for starter FPGA board?

Attached: 54805194.jpg (900x566, 152K)