Is the tablet meme finally dead?

Attached: u_10165625[1].jpg (1000x887, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wepc.com/news/video-game-statistics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. It is still a computer replacement for normalfags

Attached: disgusted yoshi.jpg (610x501, 20K)

I actually still use my tablet on daily basis for hand-written notes. But yeah, otherwise it's useless, it's just a pricey comfy notebook.

>computer
What's a computer, grandpa?

This actually surprised me when I was talking at work how tablets are probably dead already and everyone was kind of like "no wtf?"
I just expected that normies would have moved on by now to some other stupid trend.

I want to get a Surface Go for reading VNs but I don't know if I actually like VNs.....

Attached: [Sigh] Senran Kagura Special - 04 [720p][8030A424].mkv_snapshot_00.46_[2018.10.14_23.45.14].jpg (1280x720, 109K)

what's the tablet with the best display for media?

They're all so shit i always hear the tab S2 was the peak

Watching movies and anime on tablet is retarded. Just watch them on your TV sitting on your couch.

And I want you to die, disgusting pedo scum

watching in bed>sitting on couch

>Is the tablet meme finally dead?
I am a private tutor. Three high school kids I teach have an ipad where they have all their books. One elementary school kid I teach has some sort of a windows 10 tablet with a keyboard where he has his books. I give it 10 years before half of the school kids completely move to tablets as a replacement for books, notebooks, pencils, crayons, and paper.

Attached: 20190422_143644.jpg (3264x2448, 1.97M)

That's what I thought but if you have a decent couch and TV it tips the balance permanently to the couch.

I'm posting from a tablet, m8.

I use it as a book reader.

Tab S4 or S5e. Same screen, different SoCs.

The black levels of an AMOLED tablet alone make for a viewing experience that is superior to 99% of TVs.

>reading books on a display

Attached: 7e7[1].jpg (600x516, 65K)

I have a shield, it does very well.

But I don't use it anywhere near as much as I'd like as baremetal linux on it's basically a pipe dream for me.

I made a site and posted it on reddit for views recently. Of the ~2000 unique hits, 5 of them were from tablets. Was kind of surprised

And, let me guess, 70% from phones?

People code for 8 hours a day. Reading black letter on a gray background for a total of 4 hours a day won't do anything to you.

Google didn't care about tablets enough to make them viable. Their overprices google-tablets-with keyboards are useless trinkets outside of USA and American campuses to be precise. I feel American tech companies are just out of touch with the outside world as Japanese ones.

61.5%

No because tablets are still pretty comfy desu~

>People code for 8 hours a day
lol casual

Computers will outlive tablets, zoom zoom

I often use mine with a bluetooth keyboard for writing, it's nice cause it's smaller than a laptop.

You faggots can try to hold on, but eventually PCs just won't be sold, and most likely nor will tablets, you faggots will be forced into Smartphones

Videogames alone will keep the PC market afloat

You haven't seen any recent "gaming" statistics do you ? The fucking chink mobile market is enormous and it just began

But they won't, because mobile gaming is fucking huge at the moment, people would rather play some shitty microtransaction fest than any proper PC game, and once game streaming becomes good enough people won't need local games

>once game streaming becomes good enough
So never

Absolute retard, eventually internet speeds will hit the same speed as current read/write speeds on a hard drive, not that it needs to be that fast, people will be fine long before that, and since most normal fags have switched to mobile games anyway "good enough" is all that streaming needs to be for companies to jump to it

t. Stadia shill

I fucking hate game cloud streaming, and I have used it before, it's shit, but I'm also not fucking blind, I see this is the dark future

Attached: 1551814167335.png (780x438, 239K)

I bet you can't finish that bleach bottle, dumb froggy

Latency is the problem, not bandwidth. Even if you have a server 1km away from you, with signal processing overhead you are still sitting at 8-12ms each way or 16-32ms extra lag from when you press a button and you see it happen.

I am wiping my 10.1 inch tablet and giving it to my dad

Tablets are great what the fuck are you on about?
Look at the sales numbers, it's far from dead.

You're retarded, which is why you have a frog folder. Keep quiet from now on.

S3 is better in every way, S4 ruined the aspect ratio, therefore S3 is peak

no actually. is pretty good
t. ipad

Not him but you might want to hold off calling people retards when you're missing the entire point, which is latency

I use it for mobage and reading manga

Tablets have found their niche, but they are no longer being heralded as the killer of computers. They are basically perfect as an inexpensive device to throw in your bag and do stuff that kinda sucks to do on your phone. Can do some basic graphics/video/office work that you can probably upload to a stronger computer to finish later.

At least that's how i use mine.

Note taking used to be done by chalk on chalkboards. The invention of the ballpoint pen made everyone switch to paper and pen. The teachers at the time lamented that the new age of students weren't learning the proper way to use chalk. Just because the medium changes, doesn't mean the same thing isn't happening. I know there are some fundamental differences involving blue light, and melatonin production, and some other memes about hand eye corrdination, but if someone is reading instead of mindlessly consuming drivel then I'd rather encourage it.

The speed of light is a thing. If your datacenter is 50 miles away from your house, and there's zero latency at every relay in between, as well as zero time spend processing your inputs, it would still take 0.2ms to reach you. That might not seem like much, but when you factor in that the relays in between don't take zero ms you're actually looking at an extra frame or two's worth of input lag under even the best conditions. Will that make a difference in all games? No, but in some it will, and even in others it will make the UI feel slow and laggy.

Tablets are pretty comfy for lurking, on the bed, before going to sleep.

Computers have good peripherals and alot of space for internal components,tablets need to be "portable" they have different goals and ond will never kill the other

Nigger u an have 10gbps right now but the same dogshit 100-200ms+ latency even if your close to the server
It also sucks 100gb a day on 100mbit for 1080p 60fps can u imagine how much 4k would take let alone 244hz? Absolutely not happening stadia shill

Attached: Stadia.png (679x564, 49K)

By normal fags you mean the kind of person who never bought a console/pc before, such as soccer moms and boomers, who only play candy crush and other garbage and were never interested in videogames before. It doesn't matter how much that market grows, the average incel/nerd/chad/normie who has always used pc/console will still buy them, and that market is still huge and will keep growing.

>I give it 10 years before half of the school kids completely move to tablets as a replacement for books, notebooks, pencils, crayons, and paper.
inb4 drm'd ebooks cost more than regular books because the book cartel isn't making as much money because schools don't need to buy the same book again after the 7 year olds destroy them

Good luck going faster than the speed of light dumb fuck.

>Want to get a surface Go too
>Can't really justify it beyond drawing furry smut for mad cash
>Don't want to get the baseline model
>And even the pen is an additional $100+

Being poor is suffering--guess it's the $50 Kindle Fire then

Attached: 1253580908637.jpg (159x154, 5K)

they're too heavy

If you don't like VNs you probably don't, their boring as fuck to like 90% if people

What do people use their tablets for? You can use them for e-books, web browsing, and general media consumption, but I found laptops to fill that role more effectively.
Convertibles can be nice but tend to cluster at higher price points than most tablets.

You can play VN's on android too.

Computer Gaming makes 33 billion a year, faggot. Try again.

to play gacha idol games

tablets will only become relevant once they have a way of modifying the way the screen feels to the touch so that you can use them without looking at them like keyboards

It doesn't fucking matter retard if the market is moving to mobile platforms, everybody knows that PC make a lot but guess what the mobile market is bigger

wepc.com/news/video-game-statistics/

you need to learn statistics 101:
Just because the relative sum avarage change of one share grows at a rate greater than another does not necessitate that that share is replacing the other.

The PC market is forever, nothing will change that.

Doesn't quantum entanglement btfo the causality constant (c, the speed of light)?

>dude quantum physics xd
you don't know what you're talking about

I'm not a professional sure, but I vaguely remember learning about spooky action at a distance, the kind which defies the speed of causality (which happens to be the speed of light, c).
So wouldn't this speed-breaking quantum mechanic break the speed-of-light-limit on networks?

I want the Go too... Mostly just for the formfactor. I'm used to a 4790k with 8gb of ram, so its probably not that big of a step down in power, right?(Id get the 8gb 256ssd version)

The problem is android kind of sucks with tablets, largly because no app makers bother making good ones like they do with iPad

>what's the tablet with the best display for media?
Unironically the iPad Pro.
Colour calibrated 120Hz monitor with great P3 and sRGB coverage, and colour management handled in the OS so it works out with no tweaking.
Its ratio is preferable to the 16:9 cancers, and the sensor to adjust white point based on ambient light makes it perfect for reading on the go, under variable light etc.

Just wait for 5G.
Then tablets will make a comeback

I kinda hope not, as much as the PMP was killed for years, I'd hate for tablets to get killed off by stupidly big phones and indians.
Tablets are actually somewhat useful from time to time for different use cases, from docked media players, a 2nd display or even just a decent image/comic reader (something that E-INK still fails at).
Normies can still use them for all the things they normally do as well, just like their laptops.

The last thing I'd want is for prices to start shooting up again and there to be less quality options on the market.

Attached: serveimage.png (500x439, 41K)

Based retard

Why are oled tablets rare?

not an argument.

cause scaling up oled is obscenely expensive, and most android tablets now a days are mid-tier at best(Do ANY current ones even run an 8-series snapdragon chip?) so it doesnt make sense to put what would probably be $100 in parts for the display(their wholesale cost) when the LCD alternative would be $7.

Aren't they mass producing 50"+ oled tvs that cost 1k?
Can't be that expensive to make a 10" tablet.

I have a tablet which is perfect hardware-wise, but I'm not happy with it software-wise. The screen looks awesome, the body is solid and feels premium, it has four speakers, lots of storage and even a pen support. The only "problem" with it is the operating system which has stopped updating a while ago. It's stuck on Android 5.1.1 and will not change anymore. If anyone knows some system that I can put in it that would be great. The problem is that model seems a bit rare and I haven't seen any compatibility lists that have my tablet in them. It's Huawei Mediapad M2 10 Premium Edition. The premium just means it comes with a Wacom pen and 64 GB of storage, I think.

It feels wrong to replace that tablet when the hardware is so good. It never feels slow and the screen looks nice (1920x1200 on a 10" screen). I wouldn't even know what to replace it with.

Hmm. I wonder how many tablets will be destroyed.

I don't understand how tablets are a "trend"
They're way more portable than laptops. They functionally completely replace the clipboard in a work environment and are powerful enough to dock at your desk when you're not moving around.
They're great for mobile games and people absolutely love those. They serve the purpose of a phone without being restricted by size. They're amazing for people who travel. They're great for reading books and comics. Some of them can even be used for digital art. They let people compute without having to be at a desk.
Just because they serve no functional purpose to a subset of neets doesn't mean theyre a "trend". They fill a gap and until something else does they're here to stay.

e-ink readers aren't a meme. I got one and it fucking changed my life. Threw out all my physical books and downloaded a fuckton of fantasy novels, weeb light novels, and right-wing propaganda.

But e-ink is shit for manga. Gotta have a tablet or a large phone for manga. Bonus if you read it in bed at night to fill your head with images of smiling girls before falling asleep alone.

Attached: 1411172042310.jpg (1280x720, 291K)

>fantasy novels, weeb light novels
I guess you didn't specify it changed your life for the better.

Was there ever any implication otherwise?

they will take over and destroy the PC market once a good OS is released.

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy80NTkzL2cvYXBwbGUtaXBhZC1wcm8tbnctZzAxLmpwZw== (775x500, 110K)

It doesn't matter. If the tablet costs under 200$ it is already worth it for ANY west world parent that pay out of their asses for stationery, bags, and notebooks. Tablets do break, but that is because current ones are designed to be thin and aesthetic and focus on performance. In the future they will develop thinkpad-tier tablets that are sturdy and use older generation hardware to save money since students don't need a 4K screen with the latest qualcom or apple chip.

Phablets have consumed this market, you're just around until the boomers die applel.

All mobile shitdevices (tablets and smartphones) should be fucking dead. Goddamn spyware proprietary worthless shit.

Fuck that, that's why today's kids don't learn, they'd rather dick around with their electronic shit than pay fucking attention and learn.

Give them a fucking dead tree and a pen and ban electronic fucking shit from schools except for carefully controlled, locked down REAL FUCKING computer (not fucking toy mobile shit) classes.

How long did it take you to make that post on your touchscreen?

the only good use case for tablet is reading books and comics

get keyboard install termux...
not so bad experience after all

Which? What would you recommend? The last time I played with one was a Nook before they were killed off, and it absolutely sucked modded because the e-ink screen and android went together like oil and water. Might be the least responsive device I've used in my life.

Quantum entanglement sounds cool and all, but it doesn't work the way BuzzFeed articles make it sound.

It can't actually transmit any data at all. The way it works is if an entangled pair of particles can have each particle be either up or down spin, then before you look at either particle both of the entangled particles will be in a superposition of spin up and down at the same time. So you look at particle A, the wave function collapses, you get a result of up spin. Then, if someone else a thousand miles away checks particle B they will also always get the same spin result as you.

The problem is you can't transmit any data with that; i.e. you can't influence the spin of either particle while it's in the superposition. The only thing you can do is sniff your own farts about how you both got the same answer to a coin flip despite geographic seperation. It's basically a set of two coins that are constantly in a state of being flipped, and when one person checks to see what came out the result becomes the same for the other coin, even if nobody is around to witness the other coin.

>Fire
go for a fire HD instead, can get an actual proper tablet for like $20 more. Fire HD 10 is properly comfy once you pseudo root it and remove all the amazon shit

This exactly, plus a lot of other shit

If any company can go faster than the speed of light, Google can. They will get us to Mars before Elon Musk by inventing warp speed in the future and emailing it back in time to themselves.

it's good for reading manga and watching anime

shit, i just came to Jow Forums to ask about a tablet

i like tablets desu

good for reading manga and pdfs and streaming 1080p anime from my local server

best 8 inches tablet?