>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: IBM M15-2.jpg (1024x623, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kono.store/blogs/keyboards/silo-beam
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=37&switch=9&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for box navies are a meme switch and if you actually have a board full of them you're beyond saving.

row stagger isn't ergo

Y/N?
Would be my second (and hopefully last) mech and first DIY project.

Attached: cart.png (565x867, 60K)

So I've only ever used MX Browns, and I've started to want something more tactile. Right now Massdrop has both Zealios and Holy Pandas, but are there cheaper switches which are just as good? For example according to the kbdfans product page the T1 is basically a Holy Panda, only cheaper.

60% is utterly retarded: get a 75%, or at least 65%, if you like dedicated keys, or get a 50% or better a 40% if you like small keyboards and layers for everything. 60% is a retarded "middle ground" that gives you the worst of both worlds.
If you still want a 60% though, then why not, yeah. Good switch choice, no idea about the PCB but just check that it's qmk compatible (almost everything is these days), case is entirely up to aesthetics so your preference is the only thing that matters.

I bought an Ajazz AK33 with blue switches. Did I do well?

Good thing I'm using jades

Shit keycaps and gay RGB, other than that not bad.

i type around 140 wpm, had a $10 dogshit kb my whole life, wanna switch to mech.
redpill me, should i?

buy a switch tester, check if it feels good and make a decision.

It's hard to say, mechanical keyboards are a lot more varied in terms of how the keys feel and they have amazing modifying potential compared to membrane, but they're not going to magically help you type faster.
Try them out first and decide.

I did the same, but stayed with the simple white backlight. I hate rgb keyboards

I quite like my pok3r already, just looking for something similar but with smoother/lighter tactiles than my clears, dedicated arrow keys, and a split spacebar which the pcb supports.
Long as there isn't anything wrong with the switch choices I'll go through with it, thanks.

I think switch testers are only useful to compare different types of switches side by side, you don't really get a good idea of how typing on them feels if you only press a single key.

It's not an mech board, but I wanted to try out an ergo board. Any opinions on the surface? local thrift shop had one.

so are the switches good? i don't care about rgb, and maybe in the future i'll customize

Do you have peer reviewed studies to back that up?

Are switch films a fucking meme or are they actually useful?

Chink switches usually have uniformity problems (some are slightly heavier/lighter than the others) but otherwise they're not that bad. The real problem though is these keycaps are not real doubleshot and they get scraped off after a year or so, and replacements for them are hard to find because the 70% layout is rarer than the others.

Attached: UbugUZpDl1XauGQAirAkgTZMbNyliVDI8dIkRvHMRfc.jpg (1024x768, 108K)

basic geometry that a 12 year old could figure out

What are your thoughts on this? The only thing making me hesitate is the lack of backlit keys and only 6 macro keys.

Attached: logitech g613.jpg (992x558, 74K)

i looking at getting a tenkeyless, whats Jow Forums thoughts on the logitech g pro? are there better options for a tenkeyless?

Where's your proof? I asked for proofs, but I don't see any.

BOX PINKS ARE THE BEST SWITCHES

Attached: DSC01644_1600x.jpg (1600x1069, 181K)

Learn to use a stenotype keyboard and ascend to a new level writing [spoiler]court transcripts[/spoiler] at 300wpm

how do they compare to box whites

go back to your own board tourist

*snorts a pound of cocaine*
Yo, dude, what if, we like, made an analog hall-effect Beamspring?
kono.store/blogs/keyboards/silo-beam

I actually don't like old switches meme.

the force curve on this silo switch looks like ass to actually type on, i dont get the huge tactility hype

The main thing I'm looking forward to are good discrete hall effect switches with hopefully a variety of supporting PCBs

>Budget
~100EUR
>Location (continent at least)
Romania, EU
>Preferred switch type
Black linears
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
normal form factor, preferably volume shortcut on the F keys or as extra key(s)
>Backlight
Preferably not
>Previous/current keyboards
Linearised Dell AT101W, some white alps keebs
>Other
Preferably PS/2 port. Or hell, USB-C if it's faster than normal USB. PBT keycaps as well.

Tried printing a test plate made with swillkb, fucking perfect.
Now I just need to learn to layout a pcb, and get a bigger printer.

Attached: IMG_20190422_182256.jpg (2340x4160, 1.05M)

so after some calculating it lookes like my tada total comes to 80 dollars, then is it worth ordering from taobao instead of kbdfans? is ems/dhl shipping included in those 99 dollars?

no one gives a shit

rude

saw this exact reply in my head before opening the tab. this place is getting old

Get the hotswap version but other than that looks good

ok thanks alot :)

I havent used meme pandas but I've used zealios and they are fantastic

Looking to get pudding keycaps for aesthetic purposes. Are chink caps from Aliexpress fine or is there something I should know about chink quality

Just make sure to get PBT, it's not like keycaps are hard to make.

well it at least says PBT

People with 3D-printed cases/plates, how can you live with yourself?

How can you spend shitloads of money on switches/keycaps, and then waste it all away with a 3D-printed case?

Pretty sure all those pudding caps come from the same factory anyway.

Call me when you can find a shop that'll mill a metal dactyl-manuform case for less than a kilobuck. I'll wait.

Well they sure as fuck look the same wherever I look. Even the ''branded'' ones

this but unironically

I 3d print or laser cut my cases. There is literally nothing wrong with either.

I currently have a blue switch keyboard and the actuation force is pretty good, but the thing is too loud, would black switches be a decent upgrade?

Blacks are very different from blues.

Adding another question: When I bought my Granite set from Massdrop in 2016 it was sent from Germany, but this isn't usually the case, right?

I'd be using it for coding anyway, what's your opinion on that?

I don't know if you like linears and I don't know if you like heavy switches.
Blues are like their polar opposite, being light clicky switches.

Got the Wooting One. It's indeed extremely smooth, by far the smoothest linear switch I've used OOTB. That being said, though, it's too bad they opted for a floating switch design because shit's loud as fuck, and the backspace in particular makes a pretty disgusting sound. Maybe I'll look into modifying the stabs. Overall, though, I think I'm satisfied with the purchase, being able to modify the actuation point is pretty cool. Might want to switch out the springs in these Flaretechs for something a tad heavier, though.

What's the best keyboard if I use my computer desk to eat?

An old Focus with the dust cover.

why do you prefer black linear? seriously interested as i'm still deciding which switch for my first mk.

Romer-G is an acquired taste. I like them, some don't.

Get Cherry Browns. They are the best all arounder.

>Ergo Edition
K.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

Attached: IMG_20190412_225717.jpg (2592x4608, 1.53M)

Please tell me those keycaps are not stock.

They're not.

Attached: maltron_keyboards_single_hand_keyboard_p1_1200x1200.jpg (1200x1200, 577K)

How does one even type on this?

With one hand, since it's intended for people who only have one hand to type with.

Love this little thing, only real downside is it doesn't have nkro but I don't play games much so whatever.
Thinking of getting some cheap PBT blanks for a cleaner look.

Attached: DSC_0008.jpg (1796x1013, 176K)

What kind of ergo board? Is it a modified version of a normal keyboard (like the microsoft natural keyboard), or is it split?

If you want something quieter look for "tactile" switches, since those don't have a clicker to make noise. Do some research about what kind of feel you want, since every switch has a different kind of keyfeel that you may or may not like.

My linjars came in! they have zero scratch unlubed, have no more wobble than retooled blacks and sound better than retooled blacks both lubed and unlobed.

Attached: vDCW1D9.jpg (1960x4032, 760K)

I finally did it. Okay? I got a new keyboard. Okay?

Attached: mini.jpg (2200x1467, 691K)

K08 for $60 y/n

i bought the logitech pro and i miss the bottom right enter of a full keyboard :(

Does this thing actually feel good to type on or is it like those shitty stiff TV remote buttons.

It's those kind of buttons, stiff little domes, but you type with thumbs anyway so it's apt.

These buttons are rubber, they feel a little better than my old one which was plastic.

how can you tell abs from pbt? is there printing under the caps?

>Budget
~$120
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Gateron Brown which I've heard is better than Cherry MX Brown for the tactile/non-clicky niche
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
I guess it would be nice but unnecessary

Mostly wanting something not busy with good build quality and durable keycaps (double-shot, PBT, etc)
I remember having a Filco model on my wishlist for a long time that was getting replaced in recommendations by Leopold but it's so long since I last checked the market.

Attached: large_2076_SPKCS104D_01.jpg (1200x900, 243K)

should also mention I can save up a bit more if I have too but was hoping for something in the $100-120 range. Also damn, Ducky boards are up to their 7th refresh now?

Attached: mzeedcl11ir11.jpg (5391x3593, 990K)

You guys see a guy got one of those old beamspring terminals working on modern stuff? Not just the keyboard but the whole thing.

Attached: 6wMIEvZ.jpg (4032x3024, 980K)

ABS doesn't like acetone and will begin to dissolve when it comes in contact. PBT will not

Attached: Tai-Hao PBT+ABS Doubleshot.jpg (673x909, 103K)

Just get a leopold with clears
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=37&switch=9&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

i don't understand your question, don't the bsds and linux have support for these?

you can connect some old typewriters to the internet too you know.

Any recommendations for a budget of 150?
+ Mice recommendations welcome as well.

(Writing Games etc)

Leopold or ducky with PBT caps of whatever flavor you like. Avoid mx browns. Also the deathadder is good as long as you can get one on sale or something.

MX master and Model M

What are PBT and the use?
Cheers

Cheers

have you ever used a keyboard and the keys overtime get really glossy and slippery? the oils in your hand degrade abs plastic overtime, whereas they don't with pbt. been on the same set of keycaps for like 7 years now, still like new

Thanks

Thank you for the reply.

I guess it the general consensus now is the actuation force of MX Browns is too light or the tactile bump is too rough?

i personally just think that the "tactile bump" of browns is barely fucking noticeable. i prefer blues myself. you should get a keycap switch tester if you don't have a best buy or something with gayming keyboards on display for you to try

The tactile bump (and also the weight of the spring) is pretty weak compared to other switches, some people like them, some don't.

Any opinion on Cherry Red?

>take apart model f
>lost a spring
Wat do

Or Logitech Roma

Nice and smooth, but a bit too light for me.

Just buy a new one on Ebay. They're like 99 cents

Press f to pay respect

Buy a spare flipper/spring set from ebay for a few bucks. I had the same thing happen to me.

If you had lost a barrel or flipper, I would have offered to just send it to you for cost since I have a spare of those, just not the spring.