Write web UIs in C# instead of JS while still being able to use JS libraries

>write web UIs in C# instead of JS while still being able to use JS libraries
>uses WebAssembly instead of compiling to JS
you have 30 seconds to explain why your development stack of choice has not been obsoleted by Blazor + .NET Core

Attached: blazor-client-side.png (477x402, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/blazor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not assembly
into the trash.

>C#
>all local variables are mutable
heh, nice try kid

because mono runtime in wasm is 8megabytes

>8 megabytes lower bound on application size

Attached: 1546713488753.jpg (1003x700, 198K)

Because I can use Golang to write my client and my server and I can still use JS libs.And golang is not tied to a specific ecosystem.

Attached: gopher2.png (300x441, 25K)

>Shipping fucking 3MB of .net core as a WASM module BEFORE even loading a single line of code
>Shipping fucking .dlls to the browser

There is not even a single part of this that doesn't make me want to hurl.

this plus signalr is some real dank shit

Does it actually send this to the client browser?

microsoft products can fuck off
i am not going to write tons of lines just to have managed code that requires runtime

Attached: 1555025853158.jpg (895x978, 84K)

yes, CLR(mono) is loaded in wasm and all libs you import in your project are also loaded, so you end up w 20mb hello world due to System.dll + CLR

Nothing external MS ever tried to improve has become better.

Wouldn't browser caching be able to mitigate this? Or is the runtime bundled tightly with your application?

C++ is better...

Would a world where blazor is common, simply have .NET core runtime ready to go on every browser anyway? How is this different or worse than shockwave, flash, java applets, javascript?
Clearly a complex and verbose runtime like blazor is appropriate for heavier solutions, not single page sites or data APIs.
Seems pretty ok to me. I just concerned that it won't take off and all the resources and time will have been wasted.

Not using the superior new M$ language : bosque.

yes but you still have to download it on the first page load. in the future this is probably going to become a part of browsers

Then use PHP, it's written in C++.
...idiot

With Microsoft now full time working on chromium, that could very much happen for a majority of the world. Firefox would eventually cater anyways because people would be like "hey all these sites are slow on firefox only wtf".

>Pic
???

This will improve, and it's cacheable anyway.

The thing is, a web hello world is already hundreds of MB because of the browser. This is a step in the right direction even if it feels wrong to you web devs. You're so brainwashed into thinking that bigger=bad, but it's not true. Webasm can be faster with larger binary sizes than JavaScript libraries because it's not interpreted. The runtime pretty much becomes a plugin, but it's not permanent and it fits under the normal security model, which were the problems with Java and Flash.

I've been using SignalR for three years now. It's been a rough journey, but at this point it's "justwerks" technology. Pretty good shit.

Attached: localconstant.png (457x150, 5K)

it is still in preview. I won't seriously use it until aot compilation and full html5 support is there

C# is the most pajeet lang tho

because id rather use Phoenix Liveview and write Erlang instead of sucking Microsoft's cock like you OP

Attached: 6lMDcGu.png (1689x869, 472K)

>white theme
>no extensions
>default font

its ok, at least your Jow Forums clone you are writing in .net will work on backend but frontend will take 300mbs and wasm isnt even faster yet due to cross JS API calls.

rust will be the standard for anything but nanosecond tier performance, frontend,backend desktop, mobile, you name it. its going to be Rust + WASM

nah he is retarded. I am getting barely 3mb on the sample app and that is without using il trimming or js minify

Give me tutorials or relevant books for this
But knowing nothing, the "just download 20mb bro and then the page'll display" seems troublesome

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/blazor/

My stack of choice was Blazor all along.

Attached: 2014-10-07-682-Ruins-of-the-Fifth-Children.png (1020x1360, 1.59M)