So have you made the jump to GNU/Linux yet? Windows 7 will lose support very soon!

So have you made the jump to GNU/Linux yet? Windows 7 will lose support very soon!

Attached: e43f8d8d96b026854cd6a58c04f87d52723d5abf.jpg (1920x1200, 291K)

Switched to 10, have had 0 issues so far.

Almost did. Once AMD gets their shit together with driver support or I get a new GPU.

I'll finally be free. Free from endless fucking bloat and endless fucking surveillance.

I'm not a virgin so no, I use Windows

1 cent has been deposited into your Microsoft E-credit account.

I did actually and I already like the freedom I get from it.
Don't like the desktop? Change it to something else.
Want to use a certain amount of hard drive space all labelled differently? K
It's just that getting this all in order is an ordeal.

I Guess i have no choice

sure, when skype for business gets linux compatibility

until then, nope

because linux takes more work to use than windows

>don't like the desktop
>change it to something else
>a bunch of things break
>enter an annoying scenario that could have been avoided if you just adapted to the desktop environment already present
eh

Lol I changed to mint and had no issues. I have no idea how that happened to you M9.
The biggest problem with Linux is that there's a fucking ton of options that could fuck you up if you don't research properly before doing it. I'd still rather use that then the cancer that is windows 10

install arch

Attached: 229492910353.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

>skype
>2019
walk up to your boss, jump onto his table, drop your pants and take a massive steaming dump.

>The biggest problem with Linux is that there's a fucking ton of options that could fuck you up if you don't research properly before doing it
pretty big overhead, most users just want something that works after all

Attached: 220px-ToddHoward2010sm.jpg (220x330, 16K)

The fuck? Who hasn't migrated to either Lync or Teams by now?

weird way to spell gentoo.

>Free from endless fucking bloat and endless fucking surveillance.
I have bad news for you user.

Pretty much this. I've been thinking about this whole Linux and Windows issue for the past few weeks and the funny thing is all the faggots who jump to Linux thinking they'll finally will be free will still keep running all their proprietary shit on Linux either natively if possible or through WINE + keep using proprietary and privacy-invasive services. The biggest fucking redpill is is that true freedom means total alienation from modern society and never getting any shit done.

>still keep running all their proprietary shit on Linux
Fucking this. Retards thinking only Windows spies on you while happily installing Steam and Discord.

Attached: 1555028158188.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

fpbp
/thread

Attached: 1550434708148.png (1614x939, 521K)

systemd/IBM doesn't work well with my optimus laptop and somehow won't turn off the keyboard backlight on my other laptop in addition to giving noticeably less battery life

Attached: maxresdefault_0.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

AMD has its shit together with driver support. What card are you using and what problems did you have?

I switched from windows98 to GNU+Linux.
Who's your Daddy?

Attached: kr.jpg (500x774, 31K)

>Windows 7 will lose support

So, like the SP1 and updates I have downloaded on my PC so I can reinstall them without internet are going to disappear too? Also, Ubuntu 19.x with dash and dock extension seems to be Windows anyway. I guess it only really matters if you are a gaymer or something.But, you can just run any Windows you want in a VM anyway and still play everything so there's no real excuse there either.

But I use windows 10 already.

Attached: images.jpg (279x181, 11K)

Oh stop being dramatic ninnies. Obviously it's impossible and, frankly, undesirable to go completely and perfectly incognito. Linux alone won't do shit without extra precautions.

The main point here is that M$ have completely lost their fucking marbles. It's the shareholders idiotic mantra:"don't leave money on the table" that has led to enough insufferable bullshit to justify switching. Your Steams and Discords etc. at their worst can't even hold a candle to M$.

I have an old r9 280. AMDs proprietary driver supports the superior r9 285 and up, along with the inferior r7 and down cards. Basically, I hit the bullshit bullseye. Now waiting on Navi.

Whats the difference between gentoo and arch?

Debian user here been pretty interested with Arch for a while

Attached: hacker.jpg (750x560, 46K)

>AMDs proprietary driver
baka.

Need dat shit for blender, homie. The "free" one doesn't want to play nice.

Then again, I'm a complete noobie jackass right now. Still gotta learn a lot of shit.

Arch is for those too stupid to install Gentoo GNU.

Real weird, the free one is the one that justwerkz. What distro did you try and when?

The newest Ubuntu 19.04. Yeah I know, "bleeding edge" means some things might not "justwerk" and I probably should have gone with a more stable and/or older LTS version for my first distro.

But whatever man, live and learn. Very positive first impression. And once I get this shit sorted - Tux pride, world wide!

Bleeding edge is not something you want to describe ubuntu with, the screeching autists will come for youre ass soon.
But yeah, as a tip: lrn2 run shit in console so you can see error messages so you can google them.

imagine keef on a computer
now that is something id like to see
what os would he be running bois

>loonix GPU drivers
>justwerkz
Stop. Get help.

Here's your (You), I hope it makes you feel better.

based