What's your favorite Linux distro Jow Forums...

What's your favorite Linux distro Jow Forums? I'm distro hopping this week because although I like Fedora (currently in my X230) I don't think it's going to last much after RedHat was bought by IBM. I'm trying Devuan, Arch, and Void in my T450 (which currently has Windows 10 but since the semester ended I won't be needing it anymore)

Attached: bacd01c9ee6642ffbacad8ecec3e07e3.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

I've only tried Mint and Devian but Devian has to be the best one overall for me.

Attached: 1543713203733.png (300x300, 21K)

Debian you mean? it's kind of a hard choice for a newbie. it requires a fair bit of config to get a smooth desktop experience.

Attached: install gentoo.jpg (600x469, 27K)

I'm using Debian right now, it's good but there are some things like the AUR that I miss from Antergos
maybe I'll switch to Parabola, or maybe Gentoo so I can just compile everything but that's probably pretty hard to do

I only use it as a server machine so it does the job.

Attached: 1510602435915.png (593x516, 277K)

Only experiences I have are Ubuntu and Mint, more partial towards Ubuntu. Yet, heard good things about manjaroo or howevee the fuck it's spelled

Eh, I haven't found one I truly like yet. Arch is... eh, okay; there are cool things about it but it's not great.
Try out GuixSD I heard it's pretty good.

NixOS

Attached: 1543230764204.png (400x400, 105K)

puppy

Debian for adults, anything else for children.

Debian is for technological masochists

>masochists
I don't understand what's so difficult, it's literally just ubuntu with some extra steps and less botnet

Debian `stable' is awful. If you want to use actually up-to-date software you have to go to the trouble of backporting it, which is a huge pain in the ass; and the package manager sucks. As for Debian unstable, well, you might as well use a real rolling-release system that has a package manager designed for it.

Debian Testing user here can confirm this is actually a problem sometimes
I've been trying to install lmms (the most popular foss digital audio workstation) but they took it out of the repositories for some reason

I'm a brainlet so I started off with Meme-ubuntu. Tried all three flavors so far Xbuntu, Lubuntu, and Budgie. So far I like X the most but the audio acts weird on that so till I figure out how to fix it I'm just gonna put up with Budgie.
Maybe one day I'll learn the way of Linux and use Gentoo or Arch instead, well that's what I'm hoping for.

[spoiler]Yes I'm aware Amazon bots are datamining me so they can sell my info to CIA niggers but prior to that I was using wincuks8 laptop...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also also how come only /v/, /a/, and /co/ get spoilers?[/spoiler]

Attached: Rally 43.jpg (402x167, 30K)

i want a cute girl to look down on me while showing me her cute toesies

i've tried mint
i liked it
it would be my go-to if windows allowed for dual-boot

i've been using lubuntu for 4 years.

Attached: 2018-12-05-192005_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 170K)

Arch, Debian and Gentoo are the only acceptable answers.

Manjaro is awesome, at least their packages are somewhat "tested". However, a bit of manual work and Arch can be a daily driver.

Primarily I use Ubuntu with i3wm in order to easily install dependencies for projects.

I'll probably go back to X or L soon too honestly. Budgie is meh.

Based and red pilled.

Attached: Rally 1539991767926.png (757x568, 1.64M)