Are mechanical keyboards an overpriced meme?

are mechanical keyboards an overpriced meme?

Attached: 18pqd0vdjiylhgif.jpg (200x200, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTfUASodF-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not really no

It's like an acoustic guitar.

Is it a meme if the electric guitar exists?

no

Everything on this website is an overpriced meme. Even your mom was an overpriced meme

some are, some are not
cherry switches in general are a meme
they're not bad but they're way overhyped

No, only paying double the price for the same model with RGB lighting is a meme. You'll always get retarded boomers and boomers in spirit who call everything overrated simply because they can't comprehend technology better than what they currently have

(Apple is still objectively garbage and overpriced before an iToddler tries to use my post for their own agenda)

Acoustic guitars produce completely different sound comparing to electrical ones. Does a mechanical keyboard produce different text comparing to a regular one?

They both serve completely different purposes, mechanical keyboards are a direct upgrade from membrane

what does mechanical keys upgrade? just because something it's different and expensive doesn't mean it is better

They're nice but overrated. It's a sad state of affairs that getting a mechanical keyboard is the only way to get a well-built keyboard that doesn't feel like shit to type in.

Feels infinitely better to type on, but you'll deny it having never given it a chance and probably make some threads calling it meme technology

Some membranes are pretty good to type on desu. Some of the cheaper ones are absolutely horrible though. I just plugged in an old hp ps/2 keyboard to my desktop and that shit is absolutely the mushiest keyboard I've ever used.

Mechanical boarda are relatively cheap nowadays so I guess they're not.

But custom board are VERY expensive and I'd consider them a meme. I have a $700 keyboard and I'm kinda bored with it.
It's become like a very expensive distro hopping. Always looking to try other stuff out.
$100 mainstream boards are usually good enough to get that mechanical feel and should last you for a very long time.

they do feel better than membrane, but i would never pay more than 50$ for one

What car do you have user

>All characters are not lit

Attached: file.png (2472x1247, 3.25M)

Yeah but they’re really nice

はい

No it doesn't. All the notes are the same in all instruments. Only the type of sound it produce is different.

thinkpads are not an overpriced meme
they're just a meme

fucking hell that font

Whoa

Attached: The Dare Master is confused.png (334x229, 10K)

you can get a chinee one for like $30 on amazon. Not expensive.

Non-mechanical keyboards are just made so cheaply, spending a little gets you a lot.

>implying my keeb doesn't look more aesthetically pleasing then ur shit razer gaymer keyboard

Attached: eq3z16r0vt801.jpg (3412x2559, 885K)

I don't at the time. Why?

I honestly feel like it.
I got a mechanical KB like 5 years back and now I'm traveling around just using whatever computer give me to work with and I enjoy typing on shitty keyboards a little more. They look like trash but it feels better. Just get a Dell l100

Attached: me.jpg (632x488, 75K)

SA caps are just *hnnngg*

But it does produce a different sound

I have never heard anyone play dragonforce on a grand piano though.

With the right dsp you can make an electronic guitar sound like an acoustic.

Did one of the keys melt?

New ones are. Go get the original ones before corporate shitholes made them overpriced and full of elitist shitbag users who argue endlessly which tiny variant is better than the other.

Pretty much. The best keyboard type of mechanical, topre, is basically a membrane and they add o rings to make them quieter like a membrane.

>The best keyboard type of mechanical, topre, is basically a membrane and they add o rings to make them quieter like a membrane.
This is the shittiest bait i have ever seen on this forum. Or the most retarded nigger speech.

Yeah if you're poor.

Mechanical keyboards is too broad of a term.
Cherry switches are a massive shitty meme. Ancient IBMs are just a good meme. Kailh clickbar switches are great.

There are 30$ Gateron boards better than most gaymen keebs.

I got mine for 50$ cherry red keys.
Gigabyte K83.
Highly recommend.
Also no rgb and gay shit. Clean black, bloatless.

i got a pack of 10 rubberdome ps/2 keyboards for 10$ a while ago. one of these is almost as good as any mechanical keyboard while being only like 1% the price.

id rather use a full sized gayming keyboard than a fucking cuck sized keyboard like that.

based

I use my keyboard for hours every day.
I gladly pay 100 times more just for a small improvement.

Now that's just not true and you know it.
You've either never tried a mechanical keyboard or if you did then it was a shitty one.

Rubber domes are usually built like absolute flimsy trash maybe with the exception of those white keyboards from the 80-90s.

until you spill something on it and you now lost 100x the amount as compared to a rubberdome
well ya i think my rubberdome keyboard is an exception, theres a pretty solid steel plate in it and the keys feel pretty good. ive noticed that in games like touhou a ducky cherry mx black keyboard is only a little bit better.

to everyone who thinks they're too expensive and they're gamery nonsense: IBM and Alps manufacturers had normal widely used mechanical keyboards that were common and inexpensive. Dell even had Alps keyboards.

It's not about gaymin bullshit, user. If you type long hours on a membrane enough, you'll develop RSI that takes half a year to go away.

If I don't care about the noises which colors will be faster to type on?

>until you spill something on it
I have several times.
The design is such that it doesn't get into the mechanism easily.
I just cleaned the keycaps and it was as new.

>faster
Doesn't really matter, you just have to get good. Switching to dvorak matters more speed-wise than switch type

>Keeping drinks anywhere around the keyboard
Are you literally still in high school?

blue

what the fuck is this shit ?
Does it have lower latency ?

Anyways i dont care... Ill go for every keyboard where the pipe sign and all 4 brackets are easy to reach...
Fortunately im not a childish gamer fag. Im grown I need my keyboard for real programming, for real work.

oh i see, i dont type much in a day

Yeah, mechanical ones literally respond faster for gaymin'

It was awful for me, left hand got so bad it was pain with every keystroke. Went away after switching to reds

Mechanical keyboards are just much nicer than cheap plastic crap you normally get.

They also come in different varieties: some more optimized for gaming and other more optimized for typing.

I have my own software company.
All my employees get a mechanical keyboard of their liking, they also get any mouse they want. - out of all the things I cheap out on those aren't one of them.

The latency thing is negligible. You buy mechanical for the typing feel and you can't convince these retards otherwise.

It's like car people vs normal people.
Does a '97 Civic drive you to point A to point B? Yes.
Does a million dollar car do the exact same thing? Yes, but better.
Would you pay X times more for a car that is more safe/comfier/faster to do the exact same drive that you can do in a Civic? That depends on you.

>The latency thing is negligible
It's enough to make a difference in ASSFAGGOTS which is like the most entry level genre.

well maybe i should try them then ... though my cheap ass $20 keyboard feels pretty comfy even when im coding 12 hours straight.

And your father works for Sony wager.
If you carry with that mentality your company's (if you even have one) going down real quick.

i second this, fuck membranes, they take a lot of force to register a keystroke. reds are based af.

You clearly have no idea about the costs involved in running a company.

Some nice tech for the boys is a drop in the ocean, but improves everyone's spirit.
And they are all tax deductible business expenses, so it costs me 1/3rd what it would cost an employee paying for it with his own wages.

No, you are literally fuck in rhythm games if you are using a membrane, unless you are going vibro mode

>calling his employees boys
>⅓
Nice LARP.

>everything I said is true
>can't refute
>s-shit bait nigger

>using the keyboard for rhythm games
The fuck? Buy a guitar hero guitar. I bought 2 last month

Yes. You'll unironically type faster on a decent chiclet-style board.

A car that cost a million dollars is most likely an awful daily driver

they're not overprices anymore because of the patent expiration.
and super comfy to type on.

You can get a cheap mech for $30 and it's better than most membranes . It's also nice not having to bottom out to register a keystroke.

no
but the ones with stupid keycaps and most of the keys missing that /mkg/ faps to are

Any suggestions then?

standard 104 key mechanical keyboards? No.
RGB non 104 key standard layout with custom edgelord fonts and macro software?
Yeah they are overpriced and full of gimmicks that some people like.

Do you need a USB hub, headphone jack, media function keys in a keyboard? some people like that stuff I don't.

Retarded nigger speech it is.

>Does a mechanical keyboard produce different text comparing to a regular one
you miss the point retard

> intel 486 vs threadripper
>does your 32-bit program produces different output?
>so if they produce the same why waste money ????

>until you spill something on it and you now lost 100x the amount as compared to a rubberdome
so you're just going to assume you're a retard and not bother? I guess your assumption was correct.

The fuck are you talking about?! I was talking about games that want you to stream 300bpm like osu!

No. I can't type as fast on membrane as I can on mechanical switches and it feels much better too.

>membrane
stop using this word without knowing what it is and how it pertains to keyboards, brainlets

>literal botnet
>shitty knockoff of better rhythm games
>scoring massively favors combo over accuracy
Dis-fucking-gusting.

No.

>decent
>chiclet
kys

Yes

Attached: IMG_20190422_182149440~2.jpg (3264x1802, 1.02M)

I had a tournament recently where i lost because i got better combo but worse acc.

Also you should watch bubblesman beginner tutorial where he talks about why osu! Is a rhythm game it completed changed my views on osu!

Btw guitar hero doesn't have an accuracy system but it's a better fame than osu! Now?

>Feels infinitely better to type on

Not really, I still like my cheap Microsoft Wireless 1000 keyboard even though I own multiple MKs. In fact I'm using it right now (nice and quiet).

Cashier, lol.

That's my problem with mechanical boards, they are too firm, there's no give.

>All my employees get a mechanical keyboard of their liking
What do you recommend?

I like the emergency clear history button.

Logitech K120 is the best keyboard, developed by the same aliens what made them peer-uh-mids

i though they were a meme but once i got one i legit regret not getting one earlier

Attached: d9911831c8cf013d0d1f48a2141474c7896d18f8_hq.jpg (640x640, 50K)

I bought a new Mx Black recently and I would say that it's worth every penny. Even if you cant afford Cherry switches, you can still afford gateron's cheap.
Blues are one of the thing that I would say no membrane or rubber dome can replicate.
That said some people are more used to membrane/rubber done keyboards and those people should stick to what they are used to.

In terms of rubber dome keyboards, most definitely. I've owned like 10 of the things and they're all top-tier.
The biggest problem with them is that the letters wear off fast and they don't exactly make keycaps for fifteen dollar keyboards.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTfUASodF-g

>overpriced
I had my €50 Cherry G80 since 2003, and it not only refuses to die but still feels like new when typing. The membrane boards i used before that usually lasted for 2-3 years max until some keys took more force than others to register.
Mechanical keyboards are better value.

Many would argue that Gateron are now way better than original Cherry and I'd agree.
Mech. boards have gotten cheap and good, nowadays there's no excuse not to spend a bit of extra for them.

Did you want your keyboard to match your dick size?

Why are you so insecure about your dick size user?

I pack a 7.5" girthy penor and I'm a proud owner of a keyboard that's even smaller than the one you quoted.
It's the contrast.