Intel, AMD, Nvidia BTFO

Where were you when Tesla BTFO every other GPU manufacturer?

Attached: btfoboard.png (1280x720, 613K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucp0TTmvqOE
youtube.com/watch?v=-2ml6sjk_8c
scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2139785/tesla-says-model-x-suv-crash-killed-apple-engineer
youtube.com/watch?v=5z8v9he74po
teslarati.com/tesla-self-driving-race-navigant-results-2019/
teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/another-front-suspension-control-arm-failure.114967/
google.com/search?q=tesla control arm failure
youtube.com/watch?v=ALDfpMRCwwQ&t=0s
thedrive.com/news/21591/west-wing-actress-flames-tesla-when-husbands-car-catches-fire
engadget.com/2019/04/09/ben-baller-tesla-model-x/
businessinsider.com/sheryl-crow-tesla-stuck-in-parking-lot-2019-4
latimes.com/business/la-fi-elon-musk-mortgages-morgan-stanley-20190222-story.html
jalopnik.com/surveillance-video-of-tesla-exploding-in-shanghai-parki-1834211204?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=jalopnik_copy&utm_campaign=top
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

post link faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucp0TTmvqOE

Attached: 0.png (1280x720, 452K)

Based muskman.

Reminder that the LIDAR used by self driving cars puts out IR laser light that permanently kills pixels on camera image sensors. According to these manufacturers this is a known issue and their research concluded that the risk to your eyes was minimal.

Kills cameras but you shouldn't worry about being blinded by cars that indiscriminately shoot lasers all over the place. It's probably safe. Well, safe enough.

Watch the stream, Elon just said LIDAR is shit.

>Public surveillance destroyed by self driving cars

Attached: i definitely asked for this.jpg (500x311, 67K)

now i want to buy 3-4 1550nm IR laser module put them on my dash and burn everyone's dashcam on my way to hell.

>7 times more powerful than anything Nvidia has
HOW

>self driving cars
Can we kill this fucking cancer? Computers are unreliable even when they're not directly responsible for keeping you alive.

ASIC vs GPU

Since when did Todd Howard go into the hardware industry?

For one, the failure rate of the computer is several times lower than a human losing consciousness

To help develop a GPU that could run Skyrim reshade mods they want to release in retail.

Still doesn't matter when the algorithms they use are prone to adversarial noise. You basically just have an ultra fast talking autistic retard.

Some-Like TPU chip.
Baby of jim keller.

Attached: FEDFB875-AF3D-4966-9205-8FECCE556BF4.jpg (640x326, 21K)

>just buy a botnet on wheels, goy, it can carpool Jamal and his friends when you're at work, think of the environment

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (1000x584, 84K)

Yeah I mean its a simple idea just make hardware that does dot products really really fast. What kind of surprised me more is how much they are doubling down on CNN's. Almost all the hardware is specifically dedicated to running the cnns. Like the ReLU components. CNN's have a lot of problems so I'm surprised they're making their bets this early. I would have just stuck with Nvidia chips desu.

Time to sell Nvidia stock again
Thanks for the heads up OP

CNNs are still the best option available atm, unless you know of something else.

Holy shit big brain

It keeps almost all of the data on-chip in SRAM. Crazy fast and energy efficient, but damn that SRAM takes a load of die area. Almost half of the chip is just memory.

I guess, but you can't retroactively change the hardware if something better comes along the way that can only be done on a normal parallel processor. It's pretty impressive though hopefully this leads to more autonomous vehicles. I just doubt it will help though.

>Put this into PC
>PC spontaneously combusts

Thanks elon

see
water cooling

>RoboTaxi
BTFO Uber
Uber in suicide watch

too high IQ aimed presentation. The low IQ investor class can't understand what's happening.

low IQ here. i understood him

>investors: why r u not using chiplets? nvidia and amd use chiplets!
TOP KEK

>dashcam
russki?

Yeah its pretty amazing how retarded these people are. There are 13 year olds who make minecraft mods who probably know infinitely more than these adults about tech.

Well yeah, they are normos with lots of money, that's about it.

Nobody is going to get blown out by this shit tier hack job with no portability. It's a one off accelerator for a shit tier implementation of computer vision which is why Tesla ranks almost dead last in their self driving car capabilities and regularly suicides its drivers.
> youtube.com/watch?v=-2ml6sjk_8c
> scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2139785/tesla-says-model-x-suv-crash-killed-apple-engineer
>youtube.com/watch?v=5z8v9he74po

"Tesla ranked 2nd to last in self-driving race by Navigant; GM, Waymo still on top"

Fuck outta here

Hype with zero substance. The musk way :
Tesla ranked 2nd to last in self-driving race by Navigant; GM, Waymo still on top
> teslarati.com/tesla-self-driving-race-navigant-results-2019/
It's not. It's a custom asic accelerator. So, they just stamped a program into a chip as opposed to generic implementation with CUDA

That's literally why they do it, to improve. This tech isn't retail live yet.

See

Elon is a brainlet whose shit tier show-thought engineering solutions don't hold up to reality...
> teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/another-front-suspension-control-arm-failure.114967/
Faggot can't even properly engineer a control arm
google.com/search?q=tesla control arm failure

It looks like a 15 year old graphics card

INTEL BTFO youtube.com/watch?v=ALDfpMRCwwQ&t=0s

Yeah that's what I thought too. Musk seems pretty confident they'll have regulatory approval though, so maybe he knows something we don't... probably just over optimistic though.

Can you put this in a pc?

>when the neckbeard neet pseudointellectuals who are jelly of Musk find the thread

Its only for accelerating CNN workloads. It can't be used for computer graphics unfortunately.

>all these teslas in the west with no problems
>suddenly one in China blows up
It's just Chinks trying to undermine, nothing new

LMFAO, literally putting people's live in the hand of a headless thin client.

>by navigant
kek, waymo so good it has 20 mph under speed limit cars in phoenix!

why would you want to put a processor optimized fro self driving in a pc?

>inference ASIC is the same category of chip as a proper GPU

Google already did this, called TPU

>it has sram in the screenshot so it must be using that xD aha thinclient

yes, they run them in simulators

Elon's a prize brainlet. He was fired from Paypal for the same incompetent brainlet bullshit that go against all engineering logic. No one stamps out a custom asic basic on an ever shifting, unproven, and wall slamming technology. His self driving platform is fundamentally flawed/limited for not including LIDAR and even then this moron doesn't attempt to use proven platforms like Nvidia's much more highly featured drive platform. Instead this retard goes full retard, blows tens if not hundreds of millions stamping out a custom chip just to say "we did it". There's a reason why they recond 2nd to last :

They have an utter brainlet running the company w/ an ego the size of jupiter.

12 Cores A72 and GPU plus huge inference CNN ASIC.

Yes, but slow.

The execution unit doesn't have a convolution instruction. Instead, it does multiplication, addition and a few activation functions. Unless a new layer type is not implementable with those primitive it can be implemented on their accelerator. Probably not optimally, since their accelerator is designed for the ratio of multiplications, additions and activations you see in a CNN.

There are several startups engaged in similar levels of idiocy. It wont pan out in the long run. There are much better solutions than one off hackery to get performance within an envelope that's reasoned.

Hardly when their platform is considered to be the 2nd worst in the industry.. More like typical over-hype and bullshit to confuse brainlets and make them feel like there's something magical going on.

>peter thiel
net worth 2.5b
>Elon musk
net worth 20+b

hmmmm. yes nice example

I don't care unless I can put it in my computer.

Aka, dumb baasedfags are beta testers.
I know what they do what they do. I highlighted this. It's meme learning that depends on countless Ginnie pigs riding around in suicide boxes making catastrophic errors. Even after millions of hours, it's still a dumbass amalgamation of statistical bullshit that will kill you in a number of edge cases that are actually quite common. Elon being elon, he's always attempting to do something in a new manner w/ zero understanding of what exists because he's a brainlet w/ a huge ego.

Only non engineers believe this

why not? Why did someone make DOOM run on ipod?

Nice non argument.

kek
>China only
Come again?
> thedrive.com/news/21591/west-wing-actress-flames-tesla-when-husbands-car-catches-fire
> engadget.com/2019/04/09/ben-baller-tesla-model-x/
> businessinsider.com/sheryl-crow-tesla-stuck-in-parking-lot-2019-4

Dumb liberals blown the fuck out by a con artist

It's asic u dumb nigger faggot

Tesla so good it suicides its drivers into highway barriers
Elon added Szechuan sauce to his. So, it's special

the person you are talking to is short tesla and makes money on it going down, hence the vehement shilling he does

musk attracts a huge number of jealous people who don't believe anything new is possible.

Nah dude it's just chinks being chinks my man

>A key factor in Navigant’s study is that its researchers evaluated companies based on actual autonomous features that need no human input, unlike Tesla’sAutopilot driver-assist system, which requires a fully alert human behind the wheel. It should also be noted that Tesla’s approach to attaining full-self driving is quite different than those employed by the leaders in Navigant’s research. For example, companies such as Waymo usually operate their self-driving vehicles exclusively in pre-determined areas, while Tesla does not.

Nice job shill, they're comparing geolocked cars to Tesla's currently released autopilot you hack

>Comparing instances to statistics
Lmao and it's not full self driving yet

> Brainlets like giving them money to con-artists because they make they feel alive and more important than they are...
> Paper wealth that could evaporate any day
> latimes.com/business/la-fi-elon-musk-mortgages-morgan-stanley-20190222-story.html
Niglet is actually broke af
News at 11

What other solutions do you suggest? Tesla is currently working on the second generation accelerator (elon said it's halfway done), so it's not a one-off and there will be further iterations that address design problems.
The chip has a DRAM and it actively streams data from it when it needs to. But given that you can put an upper limit on the number of cameras is needed and their resolution I don't see how trying to keep all the data on-chip a bad idea.

I hate to defend companies, especially when their products are yet to pass the test of time, but this technology got me really excited and I hate to see spergs sperging because they hate every attempt at doing something new and innovative.

Meanwhile I just bought some more Tesla stock

Too bad I am an engineer who contributed the the fundamental tech that underlies self driving cars
> Non-engineer brainlets are unaware of the two colleges self-driving car teams were staffed from due to their success in the DARPA competition that launched it.
> idiots actually believe corporations did anything besides contribute $$ and marketing...

Stop projecting.

Nope, Tesla bfto'd by fact.

Attached: 1555967132143[1].jpg (526x573, 61K)

> common onions boy defense...
> has nothing to counter factual statements so claims someone is short the stock
> Likely doesn't even know what that is and doesn't even own a brokerage account
> Outs himself as Elon dick sucker
> facts hurt me and I cry so I call anyone who dumps on me w/ them a hatter .. 90s called

Ahhhh, so what you meant all along was that you're working for a Tesla competitor. How's the salt?

> Tesla's Autopilot with Hardware version 1 (HW1) can be classified as somewhere between levels 2 and 3 under the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) five levels of vehicle automation.
Waymo and others are testing at level 4.

Nice try though. There's a national standardization body. Nothing to shill there. You either meet the certs or you don't. Tesla is 2nd to last.

Tesla: It's the driver's fault when autopilot swerved into that barrier because he stopped paying attention for a few seconds
Also Tesla: We're adding games to the center console!

The absolute state of Jow Forums
Also, Jensen might be in trouble the next 5-10 years if everyone starts making ASICs for their particular case. By then, APUs will be enough for just about everyone (even the high refresh/high resolution fags) and their cloud streaming attempt won't be able to compete with Stadia. What if enterprise starts to bail as well when the ASICs are both cheaper and better performers?

> We'll get there someday just keep being our distributed guinea pigs and risk your lives until it happens
Gotcha

Might take a look just for the kek

PLease DELTTTTTTETTTTT

Can I install Ubuntu on that? I just want a better shitposting platform.

Reminder to do one thing and do it well.

Attached: sad leatherjacketman.jpg (640x480, 50K)

You have to have some diversification for this reason. It doesn't mean nvidia is shit though they are the best GPU company and ahead in ML in a lot of ways.

Companies are always 5-10 years from being obsolete. It's how fast they can adapt and change.

Meaning Teslas is still better, just slightly more power hungry.
Wew.

jalopnik.com/surveillance-video-of-tesla-exploding-in-shanghai-parki-1834211204?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=jalopnik_copy&utm_campaign=top

Waymo's "level 4" is all but a trick at this point and it will take years for google to let go of the drivers, thus effectively making it a level 2 driving scenario. Unless Google sells these cars, Tesla's level 3 will be a superior implementation.

meaning more Vampire drain. :^)

I love when my petrol car spontaneously explodes in the parking garage

>Stream / video down
WHAT HAPPENED? DID THE TEST DRIVE FAIL OR SOMETHING

>best GPU company
Only if you take into account of software partners. On hardware alone, its debatable.

>trying to fit in with muh botnet
>can't help but spew dumb pol shit still
Epic.

what are you poor, I love my self driving cars I don't care if it watches me at least I have money

> What other solutions do you suggest? Tesla is currently working on the second generation accelerator (elon said it's halfway done), so it's not a one-off and there will be further iterations that address design problems.
They need more sensors and more generic computing power to process the signal input. You can't get around this. Musk is a brainlet who lacks understanding of formal engineering so thinks he's clever shower thought approach will solve it. They went from a fully featured accelerator down to a thin client TPU. He's essentially doubling down on failure.
> so it's not a one-off and there will be further iterations that address design problems.
Computing power and capability is decreasing into die shrinks which makes more computing power more reasoned. This is as stupid as it gets.

> The chip has a DRAM and it actively streams data from it when it needs to. But given that you can put an upper limit on the number of cameras is needed and their resolution I don't see how trying to keep all the data on-chip a bad idea.
Comp arch basics. There are tons of asics out there with the same design and tons of startups with far more fleshed out implementations. The problem is that its combined with a fundamentally flawed approach to vision processing. They're essentially locking into and doubling down on a completely fucked approach.
>I hate to defend companies, especially when their products are yet to pass the test of time, but this technology got me really excited and I hate to see spergs sperging because they hate every attempt at doing something new and innovative.
Don't defend something you don't understand. Don't call someone a sperg because you have no understanding of what they're talking about. Tesla isn't some industry titan changing the world. They're a struggling startup with notably flawed engineering practices. You want to defend someone? Speak about a company with a sound platform.

>tfw video cuts off and is removed
????

>jews jewing is now considered Jow Forums
Good goyim... Goooooood

You know Elon lied a lot.

I was watching the fucking video. What the fuck.

>Chinks want to keep people away from buying Teslas
You keep posting it over and over?

Elon per usual blown the fuck out by simple technical fact check. This guy is an insufferable bullshit/hype artist. I didn't even bother doing a spec comparison because it's dam clear to anyone with any experience that there's no way in hell they can beat out the Xavier platform on raw performance.