Edifier S350DB

I want to upgrade my sound from my 10 year old 2.1 speakers a bit. Can't use headphones for more than an hour, it gets VERY unconfortable. I've always been a speaker user anyway...
Any advice for a good sounding 2.1 speaker set ? The Edifiers cost 300 bucks which is a lot, but I've found out that there's nothing nice sounding which would be an upgrade to what I have now. It seems that they aren't even making 2.1 speakers with tweeters anymore. There are Logitech Z625 which are basically overpowering bass and little bit of crumbling highs, then there's big gap, and the expensive shit like S350DBs.
help pls

Attached: 111.jpg (800x800, 167K)

Edifier r1600 or whatever it is called now. Dont bother with 2.1, its shitty meme, you only need 2.0 for good audio. Good subs are way outside of your budget.

i have theses. Too much bass and too hard to balance correctly, there is a huge gap in the mids fuck zeos for making buying theses.

Edifier R2000 or nothing

>Good subs are way outside of your budget
Yes, really "good" anything audio is out of my budget, I know.
It doesn't need to be that good, I'm not a huge into audio. I just want nice upgrade and I like to have atleast some sub, it cant't be worse than the stuff I already have.
The old speakers are starting to have some issues. Modecom MC2110, if it even matters...
Anyway I still apreciate any recommendations. Something between 100-200 bucks would be nice.

>Can't use headphones for more than an hour, it gets VERY unconfortable. I've always been a speaker user anyway...
Have you _ever_ had good headphones?
And by good I mean something neutral, over-ear and open back, like Sennheiser's HD600.

EDIFIER Studio R1700BT

Don't fall for the 300$ 2.1 meme like i did.

And I gave you an example of good speakers in your price range. 2.1 speakers are always shit. Good 2.1 are when you buy 2 speakers and then add sub to it, while knowing what the fuck you do.
If you want decent budget speakers get 2.0.

>Have you _ever_ had good headphones?
M50X, which aren't neutral or open, but I really liked how they sound.

>I gave you an example of good speakers in your price range.
Like I said, apreciate it. I also get what you're saying. Just trying to explain that I wouldn't most likely even notice that the S350DBs are shit when hearing them... I just wanted some 2.1 that are nicer than z625 (not overpowerin bass,and two crappy little satelites) but doesn't cost twice as much... Although I like the look of the R series alot.

>M50X, which aren't neutral or open, but I really liked how they sound.
As suspected. Closed with v-shape sound. No wonder they're uncomfortable within the hour.

Attached: 1545996269648.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

i dont think the sound's related to them being like a fucking on ear vice clamp

Closed headphones will always be uncomfortable.

>on ear
Seriously, get something open and over ear. HD600 is the suggestion.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (739x493, 39K)

You're trying to argue against facts.

You have one pair of headphones

I have six pairs, and I've tried plenty more in e-earphone and yodobashi.
The only actual contender to HD600 I've heard is the STAX L700.

Attached: 1544481126960.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

is there anything more pathetic than liars on the internet

Attached: 1555822456840.png (196x239, 136K)

The r1280t bookshelf speakers have unbelievable quality for the pricetag

Yes. There's you.

Attached: 1538293120737.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

oouf, you just missed the r1010bt sale. They were 50% off for the past 2 weeks($60cnd instead of $125). I mean the S350db are noticeably better, but the r1010bt would have been a huge jump over your current ones.

I just got mine 4 days ago and i'm VERY happy with them over my shitty logitech Z3's(2.1) iv used for the past 15 years.

Attached: R1010BT-5_HkriA58gN.jpg (1600x1600, 1.12M)

I get your point. Edifiers are in general very good budget choice so chances are those 2.1 ones would be fine for you. Still, I would much rather recommend cheaper set of 2.0. 2.0 speakers are in general just "easier", with sub you also need proper positioning to get room acoustics right (as opposed to putting it under desk like most 2.1 owners does). With 2.0 as long as you angle your speakers properly you will get decent accuracy.
I personally find cheap 2.1 sets to be just offensive with overblown, unaccurate, dull niggerbass, whereas cheap 2.0 speakers like edifiers are somewhat lacking and start distorting past certain volume, but are otherwise fine.

I got an Edifier R1100 for my retro gaming setup and the minimum volume is way too high. Turning it below that volume just cuts off the sound. I tested it with other speakers and they don't have that problem. I also connected them to my PC and basically when you have windows volume on 100 like normal and turn on a youtube video they're uncomfortably loud. Pretty weird huh.

Guy with the r1010bt()
I noticed theres some weird interface issues with mine too... Like if i max the volume on the speakers and use windows audio control to manage the sound, its obscenely loud when it *starts* to pick up a volume signal, and even worse, its fucking deafening in BT mode(because the audio cues it gives to indicate volume change are linked to its master volume setting, so even if i have the audio on the BT device set to 5%, the 'beep' i get when i go up/down on the speakers is at 100%[the master control] which means dialing the volume from 'very quiet' to 'nearly silent' gets me a loud as fuck "BLEEEEP" between the volume adjustment)

But for $45usd, i'm not gonna complain too much.

I also don't like overblown niggerbass, that is big issue with the z625s. I don't need nor want 200W of bass. But for vidya and even music I like to have some, and from what I've gathered those 2.0 don't provide it. And yeah, I don't want to buy additional sub + amp and shit even if the outcome would sound better. There's chance that I couldn't even tell IF it is better in the end. Like I said, I'm not that much into audio. It's not worth the hassle desu.

Also the cheaper alternative Klipsch Promedia 2.1 is unavailable everywhere for some reason...

do you live in the USA?

No

That's retarded, DT770s are comfortable as fuck. They're big, don't clamp too hard and have great padding all around. I use a pair at work and I sometimes wear them for 6h+ a day and there's no discomfort at all.

Just get the Edifier S2000pro instead, 2 better quality speakers > 2 mediocre speakers and an entry-level sub.

i also wanted pic related but went with edifier S330D. was €175, great sound, aesthetics, plenty of inputs. had to fiddle around a bit in the realtek settings but it is worth it, bo regrets. most importantly it has a separate volume knob with line and mic connectios. reaching to the side of a speaker seems cumbersome to me.

>598C
>uncomfortable

Based Chad Priest lvl 100 poster.

buuump for op

real talk op should just get some 305ps

Attached: 1555818683432.jpg (252x368, 27K)

>Can't use headphones for more than an hour, it gets VERY unconfortable.
buy better headphones, retard

I like how you assume the discomfort is physical.

So it's... Emotional?

Headphones shouldn't hurt at all if they're set up right, even if you wear glasses. Maybe look at the philips shp9500(open) or tacstar 82pro(closed) if you want famously comfy cans that still sound really good and cost little. If those hurt your head too, I think you'll probably need to get custom molded iems, and even those are awkward to wear at the start(but they shouldn't physically hurt)

For 300 bucks you could get these.

Attached: krk-rokit-5-g2-se-672390.jpg (1200x1200, 97K)