Have $500 to bring this dinosaur into the current gaming era. Anything helps

Have $500 to bring this dinosaur into the current gaming era. Anything helps

Attached: specs.png (461x367, 17K)

>sata
no hope, into the trash.

Care to explain why?

SSD and an RTX2060

current gaming erea huh.... just buy a new graphics card then.

>audio
haha i can't believe u still listen to physical audio
grandpa ur gonna have to swap out the whole mobo

>1660ti
>SSD
>8gig more ram

Fin.

why your ram runs at 802MHz?

A Better graphics card and an SSD
That's all you need for gaming. Current CPU is fine ram maybe but it's not worth it in the $500 budget, also ddr3 is probably getting difficult to find for a reasonable price anyways

Any recommendations for graphics cards? I saw someone mention the RTX 2060 but i'd like to hear another opinion.

>i7 2600k
Keep that, overclock it

Literally all of it into the graphics card. next time you have 500$, upgrade CPU and Mobo.

yeah a 2060 is probably fine. Maybe go for a 1080 or 1070 if you can find one for cheap. SSD's should be going down in price so most your budget should be spent on the graphics card

user i think your ram is in wrong slot

+8GB RAM
500GB SSD
1660 Ti

Attached: 1554056081878.jpg (1024x846, 44K)

Like forcing your granddad to go for a jog.

literally this

>DDR3

CPU is still decent. Maybe lower mid range tier. If u can overclock it if u haven't already.

Get 8GB more RAM.

Get an SSD and put your OS on it for much more speed in general usage.

As for GPU if you're planning to game on it get a GTX 1660 Ti, everything above it will be bottlenecked by the CPU.

After about 2 years that CPU will be obsolete and you will have to upgrade it which means new motherboard+CPU+DDR4 RAM. That's almost a whole new PC so think about that.

That's it.

>he doesn't know the NVMe BIOS mod
You go to now famalam

Another 8gb ram stick
SSD
GTX 2060

Save another grand build a new.

i forgot that they can run so slow

How funny, I basically have the same computer save for the i7. Last summer I bought a RX 560 and an Intel SSD, everything runs smooth.

GTX 1660 non ti.
500 gb ssd
8 more gigs of ram.

At this point you're probably due for a new computer. I have a computer from an era ahead of yours that I've upgraded piecemeal over the years and it's still not great at running modern games. I've upgraded to 16GB of RAM (started with 8), a GTX 1060 3GB (started with a GTX 660), and an SSD (started with a spinning rust HD), and I have trouble with some of the few AAA games I do play (particularly Quake Champions and No Man's Sky).
If you had a gun to my head, I'd say spend that $500 on a graphics card and an SSD.