Why does Netflix look like upscaled 480p when I have 200 megabit down and am paying for 1080p?

Why does Netflix look like upscaled 480p when I have 200 megabit down and am paying for 1080p?

Attached: netflix-logo-originals.jpg (640x360, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vladikoff/netflix-1080p-firefox#with-extension
bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/chromium-microsoft-edge-can-play-4k-netflix-video-unlike-chrome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

waiting for the botnet replies

>year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen
>consuming netflix

they have stuff I don't feel comfortable torrenting and i refuse to deal with private tracker asshattery

Firefox and Chrome can only stream 720p

Low bitrates

so what do I do, use internet explorer?

Edge, the Windows store app or some addon that at least makes it stream at 1080p
github.com/vladikoff/netflix-1080p-firefox#with-extension

Did you change playback settings?

Attached: netflix-playback-settings.png (768x721, 28K)

yes, i did. i looked all that shit up before making this thread.

well, guess I'm fucked then. still on win7 and that plugin breaks playback

>push 4k and 8k
>most can barely bother doing 1080p
kek

Upgrade you retard. Windows 10 is better

How about Safari?

Your connection could be getting bottlenecked at some link between you and the CDN. Netflix is unable to send 1080p and downgrades the service rate automatically.

I guess you're gonna have to bite the microshit bullet for that 1080p netflix. What an awful streaming service. What the FUCK are you even watching that has 0 torrents anyway?

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/chromium-microsoft-edge-can-play-4k-netflix-video-unlike-chrome/

i checked that, my ISP is rated well for netflix connectivity

see

netflix in 1080p doesn't look great anyway, looks like a 720p bluray from 2007

yeah but im sure it's better than something that looks like it was filmed on a potato

Why don't you feel comfortable torrenting some content?

i don't like getting copyright notices from my ISP because i downloaded a movie that came out too recently.

Oh, ok, is this a thing in your country. Not on mine I guess.

here is a solution. dont use netflix

It’s still possible if your traffic is being routed through another AS which doesn’t respect your rate agreement.
Unlikely if you have a large ISP, but possible if it’s a smaller one than needs to route through larger networks first.

it's spectrum. although i honestly wouldn't put any sleazy shit past spectrum

pirvate trackers suck

>giving netflix money
lol

>resolution having anything to do with video quality
a source quality DVD rip is going to look better than "1080p" streams half the time.

Get a smaller TV.
Looks great.
Maybe get your eyes tested.

>pirvate
I guess those suck

VPN
P
N