/iemg/ - in ear monitor general

Not /hpg/ edition 2

Attached: IMG_20190419_121141.jpg (4000x3000, 949K)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/transl....com/2019/04/19/campfireaudio-newmodels-2019/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uEfK5QvLWw1Kb_i9JTS_bBdAVkv2S6Q6
iflash.xyz/modding-audiophile-meets-ipod-diymod/
aliexpress.com/item/TIN-Audiao-T2-earphones-double-dynamic-drive-HIFI-bass-earphone-DJ-metal-3-5mm-earplug-earphone/32963206923.html
aliexpress.com/item/2017-TIN-Audio-T2-In-Ear-Earphone-Double-Dynamic-Drive-HIFI-Bass-Earphone-DJ-Metal-3/32828570781.html
52audio.com/archives/1167.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump for Einsear T2

What’s listing with user?

Attached: 3C1E4A8C-1D89-4CFA-B631-7A4894D56A07.jpg (3152x2653, 1.9M)

Shanling M2S. Butthurt that I paid $200 on ali when I could have bought the M3s on Amazon with Prime for the same price. It’s pretty cool though.

>Einsear T2’s keep getting recommended

What’s so good about them?

So, there's basically zero info out there beyond this article, but there's two revisions and a new Campfire model on the way: translate.google.com/transl....com/2019/04/19/campfireaudio-newmodels-2019/
The new model is called IO (which is a moon of Jupiter), and appears to be a 2BA unit. I imagine that it may end up being a less rolled-off Orion or Comet, unless they do something funky with the tuning or driver choice (personally, if they go dual full-range like the Nova but don't roll off the top end, I think it'll make for a fantastic all-rounder).

Attached: IO.png (646x424, 57K)

who /sexy/ here?

Attached: OyIWxEg.jpg (3008x2000, 261K)

for a DAP, would you recommend HiBy R3 or something else? Fiio M7 or M6 maybe? even though i've seen reviews that say the fiio's software sucks compared to the R3

>tfw massdrop cuck
>tfw wont ship till May 1st
>tfw could have gotten them cheaper from ali during the sales

On paper these look like what I wanted from the Blessings: perfect Harman IE tuning. Just hoping they’re not too heavy and bulky to use daily.

DAP’s are 99% UI. Unless there’s something horribly wrong with it, any DAP should sound identical to any other using SS output. Don’t be fooled by exotic output stages and niggahertz DAC’s, it’s all the same. Pay more attention to button layout/screen responsiveness and features like EQ and hardware bass boost.

they arent too heavy, at least for me, and i'm coming from soundmagic e80s. they're pretty comfy around the ear
i've been using them daily the past week and havent felt any discomfort.

in that case the R3 seems to be decent for the price range i'm going for (150ish). i mainly just want a more recent DAP than a sansa clip, with hardware buttons and a nice screen and as close to rockbox as possible as far as the UI/features.
i recently found out rockbox downsamples to 44khz/16bit even if it displays the correct higher rates for some flacs and i've been able to tell the difference with the benjie t6 on the original firmware, but i hate the UI and setup of the t6.

Any IEMs under $500 with a dark sound signature or v-shaped?

Ikko OH1 is $130 on Amazon, and is a gentle U-shape. They're fantastic for the money.

>dark
NICEHCK DT500 my dude.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uEfK5QvLWw1Kb_i9JTS_bBdAVkv2S6Q6

not him but I just copped it, thanks

Attached: constanzethumbsup.jpg (250x202, 7K)

I love mine, so I hope that you enjoy them just as much!

Jow Forums has never failed me

First smartphones practically killed PMPs. With the modern trend of removing the jack from phones, it's like a new lease on life. So much for "Just use your phone".
How strange.

this is exciting, odd cheese grater lookin nozzle tip

I own a SHP9500. How happy do you guys think I'll be with the Tin T2s?

I have em. Very good soundwise but their comfort sucks well at least for me.

Is crinacle a reliable source for iem info?
There are interesting models in his list that I have nowhere to try.
I'm currently choosing between Andromeda and Solaris.
Any alternative suggestions for blues/jazz/rock?

Anyone here tried TFZ Series 2?

have you searched his old posts to get a feel for his taste, or heard any of the models he’s written his opinion?

T3s finally arrived, posted here a month or more ago about one of my T2s being broken. Build quality on these are a fuckton better and they already feel like they won't break in 2 seconds but if they do I'll post here again. Both came from Aliexpress from that wooeasy seller or whatever they're called so just saying that the T3's build >>> T2's

Well, he seems to prefer more analytical and neutral models. But allegedly judges technical ability of the iem in the end.
I've listened to Andromeda and Solaris and while the first pretty much confirmed my own impressions, Solaris seemed different from what he described.

I want to get some iems but I really hate deep insertions and wrapping the cord around your ears. What choice do I have?

Earbuds? But the sound is going to be worse. Maybe compact closed backs?
How deep is deep for you? Most iems aren't that deep. The only truly deep ones that i know of are customs or etymotics.

I had some akg iems from Samsung and they are annoying.

Those are pretty poorly designed to begin with. There are better designs out there.

So I lost my Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD or something and I'm looking for something around $30 to replace them.

I'm mostly looking for crisp and punchy lows, as I typically listen to 140-180BPM bass-heavy music.

They dont sound too offensive, just bass light and thin, but I really hate how wide it is. For my right ear, the akg iems are hitting the crux of helix, and the included tips are far too small.

KZ SZ7 or Revonext QT2

I was really close to getting these but I kept reading they don't do well with moisture.
I sweat a ton and planned on using them while exercising.
Have you ran into trouble like that with yours? I hear the sound becomes muffled because moisture collects in one of the screens or something like that

r8 my setup /iemg/

Attached: IMG_20190423_112748.jpg (2160x3840, 993K)

Finally have my KZ ES4. Pretty bassy, highs are quite sharp when listening to intense orchestras. Contemplating on getting those tin T2 or TRN V80s.

MH755 with metal housings and better cable

What said but also consider the Tin T2 if you can get them for cheap on Ali. Take a look at the CCA C10 too. They are perfect if you found the Xiaomi to be piercing at times.

i have not had that problem

what would be some ~$25 iems that would be an upgrade from the Samsung AKG iems? theyre uncomfortable and the treble is a little subdued for my taste.

what iem are those?

That's not a 5.5g, user. Do you have an iFlash in it, at least?

Attached: Peak DAP.jpg (4592x3056, 2.51M)

Yersen fen 2000 they sound decent but are lacking bass
Is that model better? And yeah I have an iflash. I also added USB c to my previous one but I accidently ripped the battery connector off the board when changing the battery and it pulled all the traces up

>Is that model better?
The DAC is supposedly quite a lot better, and it has a stable Rockbox build.
>I also added USB c to my previous one
I'd do this to mine (and add another 3.5mm jack with the line out straight from the DAC alongisde the Type C) if I wasn't planning on adding an Universal Dock to my Hi-Fi setup. I'm gonna do the diyMod, though.

Attached: IMG_20190422_165025.jpg (2560x1920, 2.6M)

ah okay I may get one if I wanna change this at some point, cute theme :3

what's the diy mod?

Me, bretty good Vshaped iems.

>cute theme
Lum tends to make everything cuter.
>what's the diy mod?
iflash.xyz/modding-audiophile-meets-ipod-diymod/
It's a mod that connects the line level output of the DAC to the 30 pin using only two capacitors to eliminate the DC offset. It supposedly increases sound quality (Though I don't think it'll be noticeable), and brings the output levels to proper standards (1.8V peak), as out of the box they're a tad too low for a proper line output.

any suggestions for a dap? i'm mostly pretty set on the fiio X1 mk2 but i thought i'd listen to what you guys suggest too
i don't really want to spend more than that costs, so around 130 ish

I just bought on amazon one KZ zs7 set, one fiio Q1 mark 2 portable amp and foam tips. How bad did i fucked up ?

Shill me on some 20-30€ bluetooth earphones

Is there any good replacement for the v80s/t2s yet?

the X1 2 is based but also got Fiio M3K
32 bits / 384 kHz
1 x Micro SD 2 TB
24 hours battery

FINALLY there's an ali sale for the T2s, but im not sure which one to buy:

aliexpress.com/item/TIN-Audiao-T2-earphones-double-dynamic-drive-HIFI-bass-earphone-DJ-metal-3-5mm-earplug-earphone/32963206923.html

OR

aliexpress.com/item/2017-TIN-Audio-T2-In-Ear-Earphone-Double-Dynamic-Drive-HIFI-Bass-Earphone-DJ-Metal-3/32828570781.html

???????

also im looking for a mic cable, anyone got any suggeestions?

forgot my anime pic, here it goes

Attached: file.png (474x266, 266K)

I just purchased the Revonext QT2s on Amazon about two weeks ago. I can confidently say that these are some of my favorite audio equipment out of what I own. They fit so snug in my ear that they block out almost all noise from the outside. This means I can listen to my music at a much lower volume to hear all of the detail that I want from these high quality buds. If you are hesitating on these I recommend to pull the trigger. I found them on Amazon for $35 which is cheaper then any chinese site I tried looking at. AMA

Attached: HTB17qYmXFqZBuNjt_jqq6ymzpXaS.jpg (644x391, 58K)

i considered the m3k but it doesn't have bluetooth so that is kind of a dealbreaker, otherwise it seems nice
i got a shanglin m0 for 90 eur instead, it's small so i can have it clipped on my waist instead of lugging another phone sized thing around

How old are you? Just curious.

How old are you?

they are the exact same
just get the one from wooeasy, they take a few days to ship it out but respectable otherwise

got it, I've been doing a bit of reading on mmcx mic cables, and apparently they all suck major dick. I hate carrying around 2 different iems/cables tho, fml

I'm sure there is a case you can find for cheap that will allow you to comfortably carry all of that.

it's not about carrying, it's about me having to switch between online meetings/calls and music constantly. I ordered one anyway, let's see if it's OK.

yeah i'm not aware of any objectively good and durable mmcx cables with mics, however the one that comes with the T2's isnt too bad
the plug is a bit too big and seems like the connector could snap off pretty easily but the cable itself is really nice, doesn't weight much and is the least stiff of the 10 or so cables that i've got

I emailed airoha about the ab1522s BT chip and found that the sony sbh24 (mh755 bundle) uses the same BT chip, pic related. 52audio.com/archives/1167.html

Attached: 1526760891917.png (1024x576, 817K)