Which of the two would be more reliable as single HDD in an average PC?

Which of the two would be more reliable as single HDD in an average PC?

Attached: 4 TB WD BLUE VS WD RED.VS.png (957x513, 662K)

>2019
>Mechanical HDD

intothetrash.jpg

>not using tapes

interested too as ive got the white 8tb and blue 6tb both in the mybook enclosures at the moment and only one ssd in my pc

not sure which one to shuck and use as internal and which one to keep as external

You mean this one?

Attached: 4 TB WD4005FZBX.jpg (945x945, 137K)

/thread

i thought HGST was /ourdrive/?

I'm sorry user. HGST are ded now. WD gave them a fairly decent death and use their manufacturing for their high end parts now. At least the ultrastars and WDgolds are the same things now. Don't know about the consumer parts but I suspect hgst didn't have a real consumer line anyway.

The blue. Obviously. Dipshit. One is for a NAS and the other is for normal average PC use...

>hey guys I have an electric lawnmower and a 12 huge shotgun, which one is better for mowing my lawn

Why the fuck would you not be able to figure this out yourself?

>hey guys I have an electric lawnmower and a 12 huge shotgun, which one is better for mowing my lawn
Probably the 12 gauge considering the jungle out back

>Red
>Blue
>Black
>Green
>Purple
Why no Pink ? plz end toxic masuclinty

Do the colors actually make a difference?

Dipshit, I was told the WD Red is better, since the PC is going to be turned off almost never.

Attached: Queen of BlaDOS II.jpg (811x1010, 149K)

Attached: 1382842512280.jpg (800x800, 130K)

Left one. Been using the blue since 2012

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (250x250, 10K)

What?

Attached: harley-quinn-header-750x450.jpg (750x450, 66K)

different purposes

Thanks

Thanks too, though

>> I was told the WD Red is better, since the PC is going to be turned off almost never.

Is this confirmed?

Attached: DAnda-Harley.cvr_-2-674x1024.jpg (674x1024, 262K)

I had 2 3TB reds from the very same production batch, 1st is in home server, 2nd was in desktop. The one that is in server works perfectly even now, the one that in desktop shat itself 2 years later. Sure, it simply a personal anecdote and may be a coincidence, but still.

So you think I should go with the blue then?

reds are 5k rpm

Attached: 9525c5ff.jpg (1314x909, 83K)

>reds are 5k rpm
So are the blues... baby... so are the blues...

Attached: 4 TB WD40EZRZ croppeNd.jpg (363x499, 67K)

Forget the gold

Attached: 81rv9WVKT9L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 118K)

All the hard drives are made the same, but the output is different for every batch of hard drives. They label the worse batch as blue drives but are within spec and the best quality produced ones as gold. Blue hard drives usually have bad sectors than the reds, therefore less spare sectors to allocate when you get an unusable sector.

>Fogaht
That's what you meant right?
And no I did notH

And is he fo' reel?

Attached: money-for-nothing-full-bleed.jpg (1280x720, 425K)

Gut some wd mybook or easystore for dirt cheap white label red. 8TB and beyond are always helium filled reds if I recall correctly.

Whats with the helium hype?

Attached: the_rock.jpg (604x497, 42K)

It may be a meme, but that's what enterprise disks are using. It's better to have an enterprise grade hdd than a pleb grade hdd, right?
Especially when you can get them for the best possible price per GB.

Buy an SSD, if you must have an HDD get a WD Red if your choices are red or blue. Purchase one of the 10TB element external drive and rip the case apart. They usually have white label Reds in them. All you have to do is shove some heat resistant tape on one of the 3rd pin.