What is the future of dental technology?

Stem cell tooth regrowth? Cheaper, stronger, impants?

Attached: boogie1488_teeth.jpg (2300x1532, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_r7jnOWpVo0
ehealthinsurance.com/dental-insurance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcus_mutans
sheltondentistry.com/patient-information/ph-values-common-drinks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boogie got pic related. ~$30,000 full mouth in the USA. Maybe a third that in other countries.

Attached: full_arch_implants.jpg (638x426, 30K)

Why is it so expensive when you're just putting a bunch of screws in your mouth?

Brb brushing my teeth

everythings super expensive here in the US.

Its pretty amazing how much hes changed over the last few months... Hes really whored himself out and begged for money while being pathetic to an impressive degree.

He also looks ridiculous with those teeth.

Why are you retarded if you have a brain?

Jesus. that boys turning into a fucking Stepford Wive, he possessed, or someshit. Or he died, and someones remoting/'improving' his corpse as psyop

Dunno. I think making the fake teeth - those machines cost a lot, doctors, nurses, anesthesia, etc. A lot goes into it. His vid on it is interesting:

youtube.com/watch?v=_r7jnOWpVo0

>He also looks ridiculous with those teeth.

No, it's a vast improvement.

Did he lose weight though?

>t. American Dental Association

anything is an improvement after that rotten mess

>Why is it so expensive for anything medical related.

Because it is insurance gouging. If you don't have insurance and are paying in cash you normally get a fucking massive discount.

Niqqa needs to invest in a nose hair trimmer,too.

why bother getting insurance then?

It's a shame such technology is used by the pieces of shit who couldn't even bother to maintain their own teeth.

He should have his original teeth so everyone can tell this person is a subhuman waste of oxygen. He's just fooling people into thinking he's a presentable person which he's not.

oh its better, cause anything beats rotten exposed roots. but they look TOO nice to be real, especially in a fat unkempt slob like boogie... Its like when a guy gets a hairtransplant to look like hes 18... but he's actually an obese 60 year old. It looks "off".

not as much as he should to justify spending so much on the surgery.. But its easy to look past it if you're using other peoples money. He really is an obnoxious pathetic man.

Attached: boogie faceapp.png (2300x1532, 3.47M)

Because that way, the insurance companies make more money and are able to invest more of it into other companies, which gives them the ability to make more money, too. Don't you care about the economy? Are you a communist?

Fuck no, I'm skeptic of dentists. Many want to drill to pay for vacations. You need to visit 3-5 to find a good one you trust. Dentist give different opinions on what a cavity is and how/when to treat it.

Yea, it was bad. Teeth/gums literally rotting away, full of infections. Disturbing.

Dental insurance doesn't cover implants.

Needs to shave his beard too.

Free cleanings, x-rays, exams, and fillings if you need them.

Yea, but it's great for people that take care of their teeth, but lose one in their lifetime.

I don't care about how they look. Having functional teeth is most important. But what do you expect? You think they're going to install crooked, yellow, stained teeth?

Some, but he would have been better off just fasting. Dry fasting might have removed some of the tooth/gum infections he had.

Soul / soulless

>But what do you expect? You think they're going to install crooked, yellow, stained teeth?

yes... When you patch a stucco wall, you make a point to tint the paint and material to match the surrounding wall. I guess the kinda person who spends 30k of someone elses money to fix his irresponsibility isnt going to have the humility to add a little bit of 'character' to the teeth so they dont stick out and look ridiculous as though he was a model.

But hey, thats boogie for ya!

Floss as well. And get a rechargeable electric toothbrush. They're only like $25.

Attached: 306529[1].jpg (825x464, 176K)

He probably got it for free or highly discounted for making a vid about it.

I work on dental bars occasionally.

The implants and the abutments that go in them have to have extremely low fault tolerance when they're made. They cost hundreds of dollars each. Plus actually making the bar can take like five to ten hours of labor (vs maybe an hour or two for a $600 crown that requires little up-front materials cost). Dental labs don't cost much on a per-hour basis to run, but soaking up a lot of time on one patient means there are many other patients that cannot be served and the equipment in there carries a lot of loans to pay back. Then you gotta make a denture, the lab I work at doesn't actually make these but some dentists still ask us to make the bar, or to modify some other lab's bar because it's not up to spec. I assume there's also lots of insurance risks involved because you're working on a patient's entire mouth. And of course the dentist spends all that time doing that work on your mouth and he's gotta be pretty damn exact.

shave your neckbeard retard

Hey, dental user, when will stem cells regrow teeth (if ever)? And what else is in store in the next 5-10 years for dental technology?

This is my first year having dental insurance and it's pretty nice. Fixed a huge chip, a lot of my cavities and gave me back my smile.

I dunno maybe I'm lucky but so far after 36 years of age I've only had one cavity and had to have one tooth pulled (cracked it to bad to save). I've only used the Crest line of pro health products. I don't smoke either.

I go to the dentist once a year for a cleaning. For the love of god; do everything you can to save your teeth. Getting any major work done without insurance will cost you a shit pot full of money. Plus do you really want to have a false set of teeth before your 70?.

>one tooth pulled

Did you get an implant or will you? Or is it just empty? If so, how is it to chew?

I don't fucking know, and all dental technology since the recession has been completely committed to producing dirt cheap crowns at any cost. A lot of labs shut down when 3D printing farms became a thing, but a lot of those big firms actually have very little ability to produce a good product so my guess is that lots of dentists are doing things in house in partnership with 3D printing farms.

Didn't you have missing teeth as a child?

What do these things feel like compared to real teeth when you eat and stuff? Do you ever miss your real teeth?

Whoever he is looks like he lost a 1/3 of his weight on top of his new teeth.

Fuck, thanks. Kind of sad shit to hear how profit is more important than creating new solutions.

Okay, I see your point. Why don't you take a trip to Mexico or some place to get it replaced? I don't think it would cost more than $1,500 (but I don't know for sure), and you could use it as a vacation too. Maybe insurance would cover some of it too.

Nothing is like your God given teeth, but they're supposed to be pretty good.

>tfw teeth are nearly boogie tier and no money to get them fixed
FUCK, I wish I took better care of myself when I was a teenager but I was dumb, but my teeth would still be fucked up without braces which my parents couldn't afford. Feel so self conscious about it that I haven't smiled in years because I don't want anyone to see them.

Attached: 15686812.png (200x218, 22K)

Fuck, sorry to hear user. Can you save up ~$15,000 to go to Mexico/Thailand/Costa Rica, etc. to get them fixed like Boogie's?

Maybe they can do financing there too. I know they can here.

I've had half a dozen pulled. Only because my childhood dentist was a fucking psycho who basically destroyed half the tooth for a small cavity and filled it with bullshit that fell out, leaving the tooth to rot, and I had been without money for a long time and unable to fix them.

It's one of my rear upper molars. Its just empty. The only thing is that the first few days after it was pulled you gotta be extra careful not to chew or dislodge the blood clot that forms. You'll get dry socket (inflection). But once it heals, your golden, can chew like it's nothing again. Now the cavity, it was one of my front teeth. Had to get a filling/root canal. Not bad. You can't tell anything was done. Long as you don't try to bite/chew hard stuff with that tooth it'll last a long time. Which I'm glad it was my front tooth. Your rear teeth do most of the chewing work after all.

Every person has a different mouth structure, it must be made for you and you only. It is the same why a tailored suit is much more expensive than one you buy in american apparel.

Attached: dental_implant_cost.png (602x170, 7K)

I'll pay to get them fixed here eventually with financing but that's probably going to be a few years away.

>Dental insurance doesn't cover implants.

Yours doesn't. You just need a doctor to sign off on it.

mexico is one of the best places for dental work

fixed

Attached: invision_of_the_dentashills.png (825x464, 514K)

Fuck, dude, just go to Hungary.

>"Hungary has more dentists per capita than anywhere else in the world, as well as some of the best dental schools."

And you can get 0% interest financing. Of coarse, do you research as to which places are best.

Some insurance does, but it is very expensive and you have to have insurance for 12 months. And even then they max out coverage at like $3,000 or something. Maybe that has changed recently. I dunno.

Attached: Hungary_dental.png (1291x600, 61K)

There's still new shit, it's just mostly new materials because (after you pay off the the $250k loan for buying new equipment) it costs the patient less.

There is no cost savings in this equation, it's the patients driving prices lower so costs must also lower. The patients don't seem to mind ceramic teeth unless the dentist insists on something more expensive.

There's no future for it. It is perhaps the most usurious industry there is. I had a dentist intentionally fuck a tooth up just so he could make more fixing it.

Risking a medical lawsuit is not profitable, and if he actually fucked it up seriously then it is trivial for another dentist to confirm that.

It wasn't anything major. Just a filling. But fillings are indeed a money maker. I have heard from dentists how other dentists are way too quick to fill.

its trivial for one lawyer to point out, where another has fucked up. Getting them to repeat this accusation under oath however is, as they say, another matter entirely

This is true.

I have worked with dentists that actually fuck things up, though, and accidentally gouging a tooth to put a filling in doesn't rank as very serious to me. We once worked with a dentist who would habitually grind decaying teeth down to these needle-spire things sticking out of your gums, even if it was molar, and it wouldn't even be pointing the correct direction. No way that'll hold. Plus he'd never actually check to see if it fits before cementing it in, he'd just jam it on and blame us if it didn't work.

>if you have insurance it's more expensive
wat
explain this, burgers

swear i thought it was made with faceapp

he means, if you insured, the fuckers can charge your insurance co. whatever amount they want x no days to xmas, because actual laws like thievery and fraud aren't applicable to these pseudo doctor charlatan robbing cunts. Of course, you'll probably have a deductible, so you actually paying for it anyway, before they additionally defraud your insurance co.

Implant crowns are barely, and usually not at all, covered by insurance. My mom paid for 80% of her implant crown, and her dental insurance is otherwise fine.

Holy fuck that's a change, they don't even look fake

always some good goy with the justification for gougy shit like this, as if it can't be said for ANY field on the planet.

didnt he died?

It's not price gouging when most labs go belly up and are replaced by lower quality 3D printing farms. If it was a lie, they'd still be in business.

>he ded?
it increasingly appears so, but the utube celebrity cosmetic shill industry is keeping the corpse warm till further notice

can your teeth get fucked if you floss and brush every day? t. no insurance

Yes of course, even if you don't smoke, do drugs, drink things that give you nasty mouth, whatever.

If it's just a cavity, it might be worth going just to get that taken care of and have someone do a general checkup at the same time.

I envision a future where everybody has artificial teeth. Where you will intentionally have all of your healthy teeth removed for new ones that never decay. The first generation of people to start doing this will be seen as being freaks, but after that it'll be normal.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (516x600, 166K)

well i go to the dentist but dont have insurance

Those teeth look fake as fuck

should've paid extra to get them yellowed. This aint like buying a snes

Yes, but its really fucking hard. Literally just avoid high sugar bullshit and your teeth will be fine.

i thought its only stuff like bread?

Not if you actually brush/floss. Fuckloads of people who lived into their 80s way before brushing was a regular thing had most of their teeth, they're kind of designed not to fall out of your damn head.
It's only with the advent of fine grain sugars dumped into everything that its become so problematic.

what's your career?

didn't they eat grains and carbs?

Get insurance for $25, and see a dentist at least twice a year. You can cancel the insurance after a week so, get refunded for unused weeks. So your out of pocket won't be more than $150 a year after meeting the deductible, etc. in most cases.

>Get insurance for $25
huh? where?

Attached: the_emperors_new_teef.png (338x295, 120K)

einsurance dot com

wrong site:

ehealthinsurance.com/dental-insurance

you can cancel in a week and they don't care?

dentfag SOON TM here. the redpill: you can eat whatever the fuck you want BUT you gotta brush your teeth (implying you know how to do it properly) after every cariogenic shit AKA carbohydrates (sugar is a carb too).
keep in mind that carbs arent the shit fucking your teeth, but this nigga & friends en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcus_mutans

soda is cancer tho, sugar AND lowers the ph
sheltondentistry.com/patient-information/ph-values-common-drinks/

well i drank about 100oz of soda for 5 years and dentist always was impressed with my teeth. it desn't stay in the mouth so its fine

>Stem cell
don't they get those from those dead babies in jew york?

Depends on the plan. Some you have to play the full month. Others will refund you for weeks unused. Very few make you sign up for longer than a month.

So you can just buy a month, make an appointment once covered, and end up paying much less than if you didn't have insurance. Then cancel right after the appointment.

But if you haven't been to a dentist in a while, I would suggest going to at least three the first time. Best if you can go to five or more.

Some dentists are retards, and have different opinions on what is a cavity or not as well as how and when to treat it. Don't walk into a dentist's office and let them drill 10 cavities you may or may not have.

If you can only go to one, then go. Get x-rays, pictures, get a cleaning, and go to other dentists after that. Some dentists will look at your x-rays and pictures for free.

I can't find the video, but some newspaper or TV station had someone go to like 5 different dentists and they got 5 different opinions. Cavities are very subjective. I've had this happen to me plenty, and don't let them do shit until I confirm with other dentists. And saved my teeth in the process.

Stop wasting my vertical screenspace, you fucking nigger.

>had someone go to like 5 different dentists and they got 5 different opinions
so you are fucked regardless

ALL dentists are LYING SCAMMING JOOS !
solution: goto MOAR OF THEM ! ! !

>Free cleanings, x-rays, exams, and fillings if you need them.
Why do Americans not understand the word "free" means?

well you can cancel anytime apparently. Dental Insurance is like a Netflix free trial

Like I said, get the x-rays, and find dentist to give their opinion for free via email, etc. At the end of the day if you can only afford one visit, do you reserach beforehand and find a good one from a good school, etc.

Or visit a Periodontist instead. They typcially don't drill for cavities. They do bigger shit like implants, so they will be more objective in their diagnosis. But don't let any drill or say you have gum disease, etc. if (1) you don't think so and feel fine, and (2) you haven't gotten a second opinion.

A cleaning twice a year, and regular flossing/brushing is great shit. Dry fasting can possibly repair some teeth/gum issues as well.

Sorry, some plans have like a $50 deductible. Still $75 total out of pocket is better than $200+ for cleaning and exams.

>But don't let any drill or say you have gum disease, etc. if (1) you don't think so
seems legit

>everythings super expensive here in the US.
Yeah alright mate. Come to Australia and say that.

why do Americans always get those blocky horse teeth?
I had my dentist 3D scan my teeth after they got busted and model it after my originals.
My caps even have the tiny vein ridges and I chose to not get them in pearly white.

This is like gore to me
I think I have some sort of tooth phobia because seeing malformed teeth grosses me out

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-23_16-12-30.png (739x684, 515K)

Bruh wtf half way through the video they take all his teeth out and he just goes home with no teeth. Why is the video called "Getting My Teeth Fixed" if he's literally removing all his teeth

it takes more than one session, they have to remove and file down the bad ones.

Can I get fangs?
I wanna be an edgelord.

Attached: 2df548fa7d67165a00643b8f6436e0b3[1].png (624x572, 371K)

the cooked food is getting softer and softer so we can chew it easier and faster, soon we will stop consuming it in it's typical form and start drinking it or swallowing it as paste or pills. I think in the distant future we will evolve and our teeth will shrink and eventually just stop growing...

Except people think good teeth are hot, and hot people will continue to impregnate stacey without your gumflap-ass.