I have 50 .mp3 files and they all have slightly different volume levels

I have 50 .mp3 files and they all have slightly different volume levels.
Is there any good software that could take them and normalize/make the volumes the same? (While still keeping them as mp3’s)

Attached: cocokashico.jpg (1200x900, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/slhck/ffmpeg-normalize
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=MP3Gain
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably, yea

Attached: 1534479433943.jpg (1382x1037, 96K)

Try Mp3tag

Mp3gain

Turn on volume equalizer on your system you pleb.

This.

This is perfect, thank you!

There's normalize, but afaik it's for when ripping or transcoding.

Don't you have to transcode lossy into lossy to normalize the volume where more data gets lost due to compression?

github.com/slhck/ffmpeg-normalize

i wish that were me

Attached: 4lqg7i3rdpn21.png (640x688, 383K)

why on earth would you want to do that?
kawaii

Not with MP3. See explanation here: wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=MP3Gain
tldr; MP3 files are made of many small frames. Each frame has a gain field that can be adjusted without changing the audio data.

ReplayGain is the "standard" for that kind of shit. Your music player (hopefully; it's common on non-shit players) can read the ReplayGain tags and adjust the volume accordingly, and doesn't require you to re-encode the file.

Attached: 1407241549728.png (807x700, 445K)

cute picture of me

Maybe ReplayGain, though if I recall it basically had to scan over the files and conclude on a value, and adding another file meant another rescan of everything, so it scaled like shit. It was more meant for scanning a block of mp3 files.. like an album, and gain-moderating that.
Also support on mobile devices was spotty.

You'd typically do ReplayGain per-file or per-album. You wouldn't scan over your entire collection every single time, and it's only something you need to to once ahead of time.

>per-file
Right. Forgot that would work.

>Just normalize everything and make it louder

Attached: download-2.jpg (189x142, 5K)

just deal with it

What if you were to edit the MP3 such as sampling it for a different song? I assume then you would transcode and lose data/quality.