Build a computer under $120

Is it even possible to build a computer with brand new parts for under $120?

Or should I just buy an old OptiPlex?

Attached: OptiPlex.jpg (1000x1000, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0280674/
techspot.com/review/1816-asrock-deskmini-a300/
pcpartpicker.com/list/zWdrKB
linuxgizmos.com/worlds-first-amd-based-nuc-mini-pc-showcases-ryzen-r1000/
tomshardware.com/news/ecs-sf110-a320-mini-pc-amd,39132.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iUfpSOmC8jk
techspot.com/review/1816-asrock-deskmini-a300/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sub $300
old OptiPlex

>about $400
about a wash

>$500+
build it yourself

yes and yes

May i suggest going to thinkpad thread and buying a thinkpad

a thinkpad is not a desktop, retard

bought a refurb for $120
stuck 16gb ram and 500gb ssd in it

shit fuckin flies. I didnt pay for ram and ssd i got that using company card so technically it was $120 out of pocket.

What about a Thinkcentre?

Anything you get new at that price would be pure shit. You'd probably be better buying old refurbished shit.
Once you start spending a couple of hundred more dollars, then you start getting into the best bang-for-your-buck custom computers.

Honestly those old things companies toss into eWaste are the best deal on the planet. Fucking i5/i7 systems for peanuts. Just aim for a good amount of RAM and the shittiest HDD. Get a cheap SSD on the side. Find a case that can take a full-size GPU and add speed holes if you plan on gaming.

Does anyone know if the Optiplex 9020SFF supports the 4670k?

You can get a 4 year old corporate office used thinkpad for like $100. Other than limited i/o why do you care that it is a desktop vs laptop ? At the low end for desktops its going to be filled with incompatibility proprietary hardware BS anyway...

Yes, if the socket/FSB is correct. The motherboard won't support overclocking so you would better with a 4570

Not him but the 4570K has a higher base clock, also he might just have one hanging around/can get one at mate's rates or something

Anything can be a desktop with some imagination.

Attached: craptop rig battlestation.jpg (2048x1536, 264K)

My suggestion is go for HP 6300/600g whatever or better SFF PCs. These have Gen 3 or better i5 usually in more than 3.4 Ghz. You are limited by case size and proprietary shit but they are awesome for what is offered under $120.

Get a docking station for it.

sweet lord no, don't buy a fucking prebuilt, thy are almost always full of proprietary dogshit that makes using third party components hell

I've always wanted to do that. I used to have a DS with the top screen ripped off that I used for GBA games, it was the inspiration for doing it to a laptop

If that is your budget then a used optiplex or the like is a good bet. Then save up another month and chug in a gpu that only needs power from the pcie slot.

If op only has $120 though user an ex-corp office PC might be his only choice.

Did it just now. Excuse me the Hungarian prices and text. Price is roughly $120, we have godawful 27% VAT. Mobo has integrated AMD APU with heatsink.
You can probably do better if your country has less retarded taxes.

Attached: 120 dollah PC.png (584x265, 19K)

>2gb ddr3 1333mhz
might have well not build anything

It's possible. Just need to replace the monitor with a holoprojector to save on material costs.
imdb.com/title/tt0280674/

>it's yet another optiplex shill thread
techspot.com/review/1816-asrock-deskmini-a300/
Now go neck yourself shill.

>Is it even possible to build a computer with brand new parts for under $120?
Doesn't look like it. I picked entirely new parts and basically the lowest of the low possible, and it still goes as high as $260.
pcpartpicker.com/list/zWdrKB

Lowest of the low for today's standard, just to clarify.
Screw buying old stuff lmao. At that point you might as well just buy an Optiplex, stick in a GPU and call it a day.

Man, Rpi/Orangepi will be better than this shit

2 x 2gb dd3

What the flying fuck do you want t o do with your fucking computer you fucking OP? Fuck, you can """"build"""" a fucking computer for fucking $20 (fucking Rpi fucking Zero) if all the fuck you wanted to fucking do with it was fucking shitpost like you are fucking doing right in this fucking thread.

Attached: fuck.jpg (400x618, 29K)

>$150
>unusable on its own
Now go neck yourself, retard.

>unusable on it's own
Does your rinky dink optiplex come with a monitor, psu, keyboard, mouse, speakers, table and a chair, you fucking kike?
here, seeth some more :
linuxgizmos.com/worlds-first-amd-based-nuc-mini-pc-showcases-ryzen-r1000/
tomshardware.com/news/ecs-sf110-a320-mini-pc-amd,39132.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iUfpSOmC8jk

>Does your rinky dink optiplex come with a monitor, psu, keyboard, mouse, speakers, table and a chair, you fucking kike?
PSU? Yes?
The rest? Useless, because I already have peripherals to use on it.

Now, the question here is: does your shitty mini PC come with a CPU and a HDD, aka essential components for every PC to function at all?
No, it fucking doesn't.

If you count the suggestions given in techspot.com/review/1816-asrock-deskmini-a300/, the end price would be 313 dollars, which is not only 53 dollars higher than, for example , it also has a worse upgradability path if OP decided to one day upgrade the PC so it can do more stuff.

Now, (You) can keep seething as much as you'd like, but your shitty attempt at shilling your useless mini PC didn't work this time and it never will, AMDrone.

>buy a (((refurbished))) optiplex
>components break down within a few months
>muh optiplex upgradibility
And how much shekel does one have to throw down the drain to replace the rinky dink ram, hdd, cpu, psu, and the mobo inside that optiplex, hmm?
Might as well buy a rinky dink laptop for 150 bucks if all you're gonna do is shitpost on a chinese anime board from your xp.

>And how much shekel does one have to throw down the drain to replace the rinky dink ram, hdd, cpu, psu, and the mobo
Just buy new optiplex, retard. It costs the same $150 as your gayming RGB mobo.

i recently got a thinkstation P300 with monitor, mouse and keyboard for 290 eurobucks. came with the quadcore xeon E3 @ 3,10GhZ, 8GB RAM and 2x 500MB SSHDD raid and a gtx 860. added some leftover RAM up to 28GB. incredible great machine.

>hurr, just keep buying one optiplex after another
>j-just buy my obsolete refurbished products goy! What do you mean you want to do anything else on your pc other than browsing reddit?
If I have to replace every fucking component to """upgrade""" that optiplex, it doesn't have any upgradibility you retard.
Why the fuck should I buy a pc that can do less shit than my fucking phone?

I turned a 2005 optiplex into a debian server and its had 99% uptime for the last two years.

Optiplex is office computer, like thinkpad, and has decent quality components. The only irreplaceble part is psu+mobo+case, which you can buy for like $50, which is 3x less then upgrading mobo that you posted. Holy shit, you're the only one who's retarded here if you didn't even passed math class. Please consider suicide you brainlet.

Are you kikes actually deluded enough to think any sane person would fall for all these blatant shilling?
You think offices and libraries still use your rinky dink optiplex from a decade ago? There are newer series of optiplex you retards. The (((refurbished))) shit you see online and urge peopel to buy are literally the obsolete shit that those offices threw out because they were no longer properly able to keep up with office tasks.
Get your "optiplex upgradibility" meme out of here.
>didn't even passed
btw, thanks for comfirming that you literally an intelkike pajeet rajesh.

Can probably get case and power supply from council cleanups (when people throw out hard garbage to the curb every few months)

No user, stop acting like if you don't have a job. This pc's exist in the market because big companies buy hardware on a certain basis, say 3 years. Due to they use this pc's to discount taxes the hardware is almost free for them, so when the time comes to buy new hardware they sell it to a loss and still make profit of it. So now you have a sea of used parts that just the ones that know will buy them, that means high supply/low demand = cheap prices

34,000 feet is a long ways for a shitty pc

I have a thinkcentre m70, it's pretty nice
I wouldn't recommend trying to fit a discrete gpu in it