>pages take several seconds to respond to clicks if it responds at all
>tabs constantly have to reload when you click on them
>the ones that dont reload are outright frozen
>only option is to close entire browser and open it again
>memory usage: 20%

>do the same thing in firefox
>except with 100 tabs
>no problems whatsoever

How the FUCK did this steaming heap of shit become the standard web browser engine?

Attached: 1552320539947.png (1200x630, 137K)

Gecko was impossible to embed in anything but Firefox so KHTML was picked by Apple as the basis for WebKit way back when.

Apple, that's the only reason it went into prominence, Tim Cook's cock couldn't be satisfied by having a perfectly working browser engine. Needed a new one that was shit garbage.

you have to be at least 13 to post on Jow Forums and blend in

half the problem is tracking scripts and ads running on every fucking website

Google needed a cuck license engine to embed into their botnet browser

Hey faggot, your cock hunger for Apple is showing

>Tim Cook's cock
WebKit's development began long before Tim became CEO.

shudup gramdpa zoomzoom

Attached: 1539741951864.jpg (400x400, 13K)

The same thing happens in Chrome, you need more way more tabs open, but you get the same result
when i try and close 10 tabs in one go at this point the while trying freezes for like a minute
while in Firefox the shit just closes

{{{Firefox Focus}}}

Attached: D2411F23-ED64-49E5-BFBA-F916EB43919D.jpg (701x1024, 231K)

See

i wish i was young again
honestly

Attached: jogiin.gif (160x120, 738K)

I miss presto

browsers aren't getting worse, websites are

This, fuck Javascript

Me too

I want a minimal browser for the modern age. I'm using surf but it's broken in like half the websites because it uses outdated engine. What engine should one use? Blink? Is there any working alternative to avoid Google's trap?

Opera with Opera Free VPN, Opera Flow and Opera Turbo

No, that's not minimal. Tabs are bloat. I also would like my browser to use the tools present in my system instead of trying to open everything by itself.

You're looking for the Gopher protocol.

Minimal and modern web don't go together. Even surf is incredibly bloated due to their use of WebkitGTK+ as browser engine.

I don't even care about minimal resources consumption, I just want minimal interface. Fuck, I'd even bear with chromium if I only could make it open new window by default (one solution I found was an extension that moved the new tab into a new window right after opening it).

I really don't understand how you people end up with more than 5 tabs open at any given time.

>search for something for half an hour
>end up with 7 branches
>decide it's time for a break
>open a dozen tabs for shitposting
>come back later to the 7 tabs for searching

>>open 20 tabs
>>entire browser starts to lag like crazy
t. ancient shitpad owner

Go to a ricing thread and ask people to show their firefox userchromes. Some people already do what youre describing