Why haven't you bought a portable external screen yet?

Why haven't you bought a portable external screen yet?
>4k
>usb-c
>6mm thick
>700g

Attached: gk4cd4jq6y3j0digvprm.jpg (695x460, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/c-force-cf015c-thinnest-4k-usb-c-portable-display
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they cost 2-3x as much as a regular 22" screen.

Why can't I use my phone as a second screen?

>6mm
But I thought CPUs just got to 7?

There's 4K? I've only see 2K
Link?

Man am I excited for the feature of having the IPad being natively supported as a external monitor.

>confusing nm with mm
retard

>$499
>For 4k60hz non HDR with shit colour gamut coverage
I only spend 1 month to six weeks a year overseas typically, that really isn't worth it to me vs $250 more for a 144hz 90% DCI-P3 4K monitor, or $100 less for a 4k60hz 95% DCI-P3 monitor

Attached: laughing.jpg (1600x1003, 269K)

Have you guys got opinions on the lapscreen? it's an ugly, 450g, super thin portable monitor.

>120hz refresh rate screen
god, this is so good. They are both USB-C why wont apple do this?
oh fuck, thats right its Apple

indiegogo.com/projects/c-force-cf015c-thinnest-4k-usb-c-portable-display

>$209
>100% AdobeRGB

>indiegogo
So vaporware

How possible is it just to have a screen with no housing and add the computer board into the cable?
There are portables which run and get signal from usb-c.

>add the computer board into the cable?
Pretty impossible. Why not have the housing and add a raspi zero in it or something?

Even if you took care of it? I'm wondering about a diy project for something i'll actually use and take around.
like this
https:// emerythacks.blogspot.com/2013/04/connecting-ipad-retina-lcd-to-pc.html
but with something like
https:// youtu.be/_Mgs7P16Gao?t=193

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but just look at what could fit inside a cable. Maybe an ATtiny85 or something similar. That doesn't really count as a "PC", unlike a raspberry pi

I don't want a pc I want a lightweight monitor.
what I'm asking is if you could put the chips/boards etc needed to make the screen work inline... dw

Uhm, I have no idea. What protocol does that monitor speak etc? Normally, there's just a flex going in the monitor carrying the signal. You need some kind of conversion of DP/HDMI/USB-C/whatever to whatever the monitor wants to receive.

They never did

4K at that size is a meme. There's lots of chaper decent 1080p portable chinese monitors around, either with hdmi/dp or type-c input.

Im about to. Found cool one from asus. 15inch 1080p for like 120 burgers

Saw that one as well, but reviews said it draws too much energy so it doesn't work on some devices or kills battery life if it does work.

yes they did

Why there's no TN panels?

Because I don't have a portable computer.

Because why would you want that

actually have been thinking of it, any recommendations?

I want cheap portable monitor to use as vertical display for my phone, I don't even care about 4K, 720p is enough.

At this point I don't think it would be any cheaper to use a TN panel over an IPS now that the market is so flooded with IPS panels

my t61 can't push a 4k screen probably

I see, what's the cheapest I can get?

Because I want a small screen, no more than 900p and I want it to be half decent. For that I can just use a tablet.