Do we really need any languages beside Java, JS, and C?

Do we really need any languages beside Java, JS, and C?

Attached: java.jpg (1024x768, 53K)

yes

yes

erlang

Yes

We don't NEED any languages really, not even spoken language. Body language are enough, everything else is bloat.

>Do we really need any languages beside Java
do we really need to shit in a toilet?

Java is based

Do we even need all three of those? They're the same when you get down to it

I was thinking, C for embedded stuff, since Java requires the JVM. JS for webpages and such, and Java for everything else.

What's the point of JS without HTML and CSS?

C can already replace Java
With WASM, it can also replace JS

bloated , underperformant, unreadable code

>Hey man, here is the program i made for you
>You just have to install this additional program that's hundreds of megabytes and full of security holes to run it
Java should be put in the thrash where it belongs. C# is superior anyway
Pic is a typical java dev

Attached: file.png (632x201, 146K)

>C#
>Hey man, here is the program i made for you
>You just have to install these additional runtime redistributables that are hundreds of megabytes and full of security holes

>

>javaids
You deserve to be burned alive and buried in a landfill with the rest of the garbage.

Except 90% of users already have those installed, unlike pajava shit

a JRE can be bundled with the application without requiring explicit installation by the user. a JRE takes less space than a security update for a C# redistributable

This, plus the fact that the whole "write once run everywhere" is pretty much perfect for so many programs. Java isn't perfect but it's idiotic to be writtten off as a shit language/runtime

But almost all users will already have everything they need to run a C# program. Still far better than increasing the size of your file. Combined with the fact that C# is a better language and Java lacking any decent GUI framework, there is zero reason to use Java. Plus, you can easily port C# programs to other platforms now

Microsoft nigger go away, C# used to be a nice concise language but they've turned it into an abomination

>But almost all users will already have everything they need to run a C# program
you're continuing to ignore the quite large runtime packages. which is still bearable for most users, but it's bigger than what a JRE weighs

>Combined with the fact that C# is a better language and Java lacking any decent GUI framework, there is zero reason to use Java
Java has, subjectively, a better standard library and better third party libraries and frameworks
Java has better frameworks for web applications, which are nowadays much more popular than GUI client applications
Java has more job offerings and is more widely used. if you want to be employed, Java is a safer bet over C#
C# has some improvements over Java but so far it can't beat the brand Java has grown to have in the enterprise environment

>Plus, you can easily port C# programs to other platforms now
don't need to port anything with Java. it's literally "write once run everywhere [as long as there's a JRE there]"

Attached: programador.webm (854x480, 1.05M)

>you're continuing to ignore the quite large runtime packages. which is still bearable for most users, but it's bigger than what a JRE weighs
And you're ignoring that Java has ranked consistently in the top when it comes to severe exploits for many years
>Java has better frameworks for web applications, which are nowadays much more popular than GUI client applications
Wildly subjective. You can easily create .NET PWAs using Xamarin forms. Not that it matters when it comes to enterprise apps, where Java is lacking sorely. Does it even have QT bindings?
>Java has more job offerings and is more widely used. if you want to be employed, Java is a safer bet over C#
As is Python and they make more on average than Java devs. Your point?
>don't need to port anything with Java. it's literally "write once run everywhere [as long as there's a JRE there]"
Yes, once you've increased the attack vector of your computer and you don't mind GUIs that makes tkinter look cutting edge. It's actually somewhat ironic that a language that relies so much on OOP doesn't have a proper GUI framework, which is one of the few cases where OOP is preferable

OOP is a blue pill. Procedural programming is based.
C is based.
Based.
>OOP is good for GUI.
I lack the experience in writting gui so I would like to know, why is it so? Subtyping? Tagged unions do the job of subtyping in procedural programming

>And you're ignoring that Java has ranked consistently in the top when it comes to severe exploits for many years
feel free to quote any that apply to current Java versions

I need Python because I'm dumb.