5Gs range is 1000 feet

>5Gs range is 1000 feet
>Even trees can block the signal
>All for slightly higher speeds and low latency
>When wifi can do the same thing
DOA
O
A

Attached: us-tech-china-leads-us-in-5g-trump-answers-the-challenge.jpg (2748x1526, 305K)

was it using huawei's tech?

No it uses high frequency short wavelength signals. So the max range of one phone tower will be 1000 feet.

so far china has'nt implemented it en masse with huawei's equipment, i'd hold on further judgement

Attached: 1489060918892.png (420x420, 8K)

>what is beamforming and radio access technologies
At least read the goddamn specs

>Range of the length of an average running track
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>mfw 3rd world country where 4G isn't even a norm where I live
Dabbing on ameriturds and yurop has never felt so good. Enjoy your cancer.

The range goes up to 10 miles. Op is a retard.

>When wifi can do the same thing
The first stage is coexistence, which is already in the works. After that I expect the standards will converge to some extent.

We can already do WiFi calling, LTE already has both AP and ad-hoc modes, the PHYs are becoming more and more similar now that we have 11ax, and WiFi is moving into mm wave bands with 11ad and 11ay. 11p and LTE CV-x are competing for the same thing. Really the standards are so similar in many ways at this point I kind of wonder why they're both still around.

The only real obstacle I can see is getting 3GPP and IEEE to play nice, i.e. who owns the patents.

>I use words most of Jow Forums doesnt understand because it makes me feel smart!
Pathetic pseud.

>live in a city
>5g towers up the ass
maybe if you live in bumfuck nowhere.

>datacaps
This shit is literally good for nothing.

Gs range is 1000 feet
>>Even trees can block the signal

Fake news

It uses several different frequency bands with totally different ranges and penetration.

The highest frequencies will only be used at train stations and in festivals and such where you have loads of people packed together.

>The highest frequencies will only be used at train stations and in festivals and such where you have loads of people packed together.
for maximum cancer

>5Gs range is 1000 feet
so? they will just install a massive antenna every 1k feet

>imagine thinking 5g is about "speed" and not population culling lamo

Attached: 5g.jpg (640x454, 75K)

>The only real obstacle I can see is getting 3GPP and IEEE to play nice, i.e. who owns the patents.

I always get the feeling tech companies make no money whatsoever on inventions - everything seems to go to the lawyers they have to hire for all the copyright infringement cases.

It is a wifi replacement so no it doesn't have to have long range.

>implying any third world country can survive without gibs from the west
enjoy dying with the rest of us

>massive antenna
They'll be the size of a pizza box apparently.
Shorter wavelengths also means smaller antennas.

>They'll be the size of a pizza box apparently.
even better lamo

Attached: 1498179106977.gif (230x209, 2.88M)

>This same thread every fucking day
Imagine being so willfully ignorant about radio technology. Sad.

Yeah because wifi is routers connecting to each other every 1000 feet.

>5g is harmful

Attached: mmmeme.jpg (639x358, 52K)

The 5G towers aren't connecting to each other either.

Please
Let
Mobile
Fucking
Internet
Die

If the wavelength is shorter, it is more harmful. Which is the case since the frequency is much higher

I find it funny how people break their sword arms thinking about 5g. Whats the point of higher transfers than what we have now? I mean progress is a good thing and im all for that, but wether it happens now, or in couple years it doesnt change a thing for average joe.

So visible light is more harmful than radio waves.

how else would you cloud game without low latency and high bw

>mocking is based on an appeal to ignorance.

Here in the Netherlands we'll get 5G several years later than the rest of the world.
It's because our secret service already happens to occupy the same frequencies and they need time to switch.
I don't think anyone here gives a single fuck, 4G is fast enough.

Radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, X-ray and gamma radiation are all different forms of light.

>If the wavelength is shorter, it is more harmful.
Please stop, it hurts.

Attached: brainlet_succ.jpg (1024x595, 97K)

>Radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, X-ray and gamma radiation are all different forms of light.
And light is carcinogenic, ty

What's your point? Gamma rays are well known to cause cancer and mutation.

Theoretically up to 2km (perfect conditions) is what I've read. Just like stuff now, people in cities will be the live test subjects.

>The range goes up to 10 miles.
I've read a test in rural directional line of site in prefect conditions was up to 10 km not miles.

So why worry about some weak ass radio waves when you're being bombarded with UV and gamma radiation?

Yeah I got 50m fiber just a year ago and I use it to mainly download 400mb episodes or 1.5gb movies, idgaf about 4K or even 1080p. It's nice to be able to download a full season in 15 minutes but I was happy when we had 5m already.
4g is extremely stretched thin on a large userbase on my country, so we get 2m - 3m on average on any situation. That's still good enough to watch youtube or browse some sites.
I want cheaper plans, not faster ones. That's what companies should be aiming at, much higher availability of the networks and stability across a bajillion users, so it's cheaper to deploy and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to pay for it.

Nah gamma radiation= shit from radioactive materials. You die pretty quick if you're being bombarded with that.

>1000 feet
>doesn't post any
OP is a fag!

Attached: 1541606979935.png (512x422, 231K)

5G ist for ioT and embedded systems. Great use for Industry 4.0 for example. But using it as a consumer is just a meme.

things that aren't applicable in the real world

foot fags need to die, although i won't mind massaging the feet of a nice looking woman.

kek

>>I use words most of Jow Forums doesnt understand because it makes me feel smart!
I guess you're right, trying to talk about technology on a technology board is pretty fucking lame. I can't be arsed to care, though.

Found the American

>basically a wifi router except the signal is weaker and it may or may not give you cancer
thanks, can't wait to reach my data cap even faster while also being throttled down to 4G speeds anyway

>the phone baked that baby's skin and muscle right off but left his hand untouched
???

Attached: 2000px-EM-spectrum.svg.png (2000x1500, 126K)

wifi