Thinnest keyboard on the market

>Thinnest keyboard on the market
>40% greater surface area on each key compared to scissor switch
>keys are stabilized for more accurate typing
>backlit
>Apple's award winning layout and design
Is the hate really justified?

Attached: 1464629215409.webm (760x378, 926K)

Wrong.

Attached: IMG_20190423_174033.jpg (4160x3120, 885K)

Yes, it breaks and feels like shit and it uses shitty ABS plastic for the keycaps.

But not very durable

UnFixable in case water slip or duat

Entirely when the mechanism is fundamentally flawed and prone to failure. It's so shallow you can't wiggle debris out of it, and as far a i know even compressed air doesn't work.

Why would you want a thin keyboard

the keyboard feels like shit, tried writing an essay on it and may as well have been smashing my fingers onto a wooden table, super uncomfortable and hard to type even moderately quick with it. sold that PoS

unbasd and blupilld

I wonder with Apple attempting to take more service based approach if they'll stop making their computers as disposable products since they'll be less reliant on hardware turnover or just release MacOS into the wild.

I think my ideal computer these days is a refined version of the 2010 13" MacBooks.

Helps you develop RSI so you can claim NEET bux.

>you can pour water though a thinkpad
>throw it down on the ground, jump on it
>pick it back up and pour more water all over it
>throw sand at it, throw it down the stairs for fun
>it will still work like new, maybe some scratches
>if it breaks you have a 3 year free warranty anyway
>even if it breaks out of warranty you could self-repair every part of it for cheap

>meanwhile the crapple keyboard dies from DUST naturally without any user intervention at all
>have to pay $300 for apple care (tm)
>it won't even cover the repairs anyway, you'll have to pay them for the body to be replaced because it's all soldered in and one piece of metal

Macbooks are dogshit hardware, MacOS is good, but macbooks are disgusting backwards design, anything past 2015 is literally retarded tier

>>Thinnest keyboard on the market
That's a bad thing, not something to be proud of. The thinner it is, the less travel the keys have, and the worse it feels to type on, since it more and more closely approaches the feeling of just drunning your fingers on a hard tabletop.

>>Thinnest keyboard on the market
That is not a benefit. You need some travel. It must be not 1 micron, like on Apple
% greater surface area on each key compared to scissor switch
That is a bad thing. A lot of typist use edge of a key to navigate. With this keyboard it is difficult.
>>keys are stabilized for more accurate typing
As long as you can press it on edge - it is good enough and further improvements are unnecessary
>>Apple's award winning layout and design
Their layout is awful.

based and redpilled

Attached: 1464454324756.webm (640x318, 160K)

Some brainlets apparently even like these and I really just can't understand what the fuck is wrong with them.

Attached: WAHUUBINGBING.jpg (324x419, 41K)

That looks awfully fragile

OH NO NO NO NO N ONO

Attached: 1526623182040.png (938x999, 344K)

10 cents has been deposited to your Apple account

It's kind of a pity the keyboards are so shite, i'd like to get another MacBook.

>Thinnest keyboard on the market
irrelevant
>40% greater surface area on each key compared to scissor switch
irrelevant
>keys are stabilized for more accurate typing
These keyboards are dogshit for typing (i.e. their only purpose). I type up to 140 wpm, so I would know
>backlit
irrelevant
>Apple's award winning layout and design
No, just no. These keyboards are pure fucking garbage, just like the touch bar. It's a shitty meme feature that no one asked for and breaks more than it tries to solve in a desperate attempt to be innovative because reasons.

It deserves all the hate it gets. Fuck post Jobs Apple and all of their insane 'design choices'

Notice how no matter where you tap on the key, it doesn't wobble.
The keyboards need a bit more upkeep, but I don't think the hate is justified here.
Apple is known for revolutionizing markets, that's not always an easy process.

Attached: 1464454618952.gif (636x358, 1.48M)

>irrelevant
No it's not, makes typing harder (less feedback).

>irrelevant
No it's not, makes typing harder (easier to accidentally hit 2 keys).

>irrelevant
Yeah OK that one is indeed irrelevant.

I bet it takes around 2 years for those keys to start falling apart.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1539907431475.gif (500x491, 376K)

>Notice how no matter where you tap on the key, it doesn't wobble.

And the lack of profile means you will hit it all over the place since you can't feel if your fingers are centered or not.

you forgot the most important bit
>0 travel distance
the two most defining features of a good laptop keyboard is large travel distance and tactileness
ie a thinkpad keyboard

Attached: 080228igljmsllj7zkr7s0.jpg.thumb.jpg (800x534, 35K)

>BTFOs macToddlers

Attached: dust and hair.jpg (1024x681, 60K)

the keyboard is so thin and shit they should just switch to digital ipad keyboard right now, it'll feel more or less the same

I find the shape of the key surfaces even more important.

You'll want a "classical" top surface with a depression in the middle to help guide your fingers.
This is what Thinkpad keyboards have, both in the old style and the new "smiley" style.

I know a guy with a gaming laptop.
It has good travel and a very distinct click.
But the keys are completely flat on top and I find it almost impossible to touch type on it. - I think it would be even worse for gaming.
The Apple keyboards are also completely flat, and I can never type on those either.

>more accurate typing
>keys don't register half the time

Notice how no one cares if a key wobbles or not, but they do care if it takes five presses to register one keystroke.

Apple. Think Different (about insignificant things while the important things don't work).

based

fuck you, bait-eating newfags

Attached: image.jpg (396x360, 88K)

Jow Forums only hates Apple because they cause most of the innovations, despite not actually creating them.

keys register 200% of the time, even when they aren't pressed

>keys stop working within a few months due to a few specs of dust
>keyboard replacements are extremely difficult due to a riveted design
Yes.

yes

If you'd ever used one you wouldn't have made this thread. They are absolute dog shit to type on.

They're researching in the wrong direction imo. Instead of making the keyboard thinner to save space, maintain a decent-sized keyboard and bite the extra millimetres. Nobody will care. Will be better for temperatures too.

Those are the best keyboards but Lenovo, being the brainlets that they are, no longer use them either instead also opting for crappy chiclet keys like Apple.

Thin is not a positive trait in any way for a keyboard.

>backlit
You forgot to mention the best part about the backlighting.
Each key has its own individual LED behind it, which reduces the light leaks you typically see around the keys on other, traditional backlit keyboards. Makes the backlight less distracting and more deliberate.

$10 have been deducted for missing this point, Raj.

It does break, but I actually like the feel of it. Feels like less work is required to strike a key effectively, and the larger keycaps are extra comfy.

Some people find shorter travels help them type faster, I do agree though that past a certain threshold of thinness a keyboard becomes objectively shit.

The thinnest of a keyboard and the travel of the keys are not at all tied together. You could have a 30cm thick keyboard with butterfly switches.

A thin keyboard is just flimsy, easy to break, light enough to be slid under normal pressure, flexes, etc.

i lik th buttrfly kyboard. havn't had any problms with it so far. it's a reealy good kybard and thr ar no ral-wrld issus with it

Compliant mechanisms are cool. Apple just can't into them

Based