youtube.com/watch?v=vHNwEkWIFlc
youtube.com/watch?v=Uy9aOBwX7tE
szynalski.com/tone-generator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

>not Panasonic RP-HT010
Ugh

>snaps

Congrats OP, you now know what soundstage is.
Next up: Sound signature and how to escape the veil.

Don't listen to them OP, the 660 S is based as fuck.

You picked well.

>veilheiser
>soundstage

you made it as an overpaying for garbage consumer, again.. should have bought Stax 3100.

It is there, it's just hiding behind the veil.
For a shitter who's never had headphones with a soundstage or that cost more than 20 quid, he'll notice it at the very least.

>Just $400 more+ shipping+ tax+ tip

PHLUM MING TUNG TING MING POW CHOW. CHENG MIN TING LING HOW MUON MOW.
>cries.

remember kids, buy Stax

you want electrostatic earspakers, not garbage tier dynamic headphones

>tfw got tinnitus so can only use headphones on one ear now
>cant listen to all my gear any more
Why god.

is 660 better than 600 ?

Just wait until you get speakers that let you hear the air between strings. Then the amplifier that expands the soundstage that lets you realize there are cymbals beneath the air off the strings.

implying anons who would discover this aren’t poorfags who wind up COPE by becoming zealot objectivist so they can live with their entry level garbage

where can I get a soundstage extending amplifier?

If your speakers have sufficiently sensitive drivers the amplifiers by Creek Primare Sim Classe Threshold Levinson Krell Pass Bryston JeffRowland and other similar makers will do this regardless of age.

Nice boomer memes.

How do Seinheissers compare to AKG to Audi tehnica to DT770/DT990 to Bose to Hugo to Philips HD 9500

How do I know what headphones to pick for the type of music I listen to? I listen mainly to electronic music, mainly eurobeat

so is it their brand name alone that expands the soundstage or where lies the technical details in that?
is it protected by patents or can one build soundstage expanding elements into any amp

dt 990 have great bass. Good for eurobeat. Sennheisers are usually flat.

Different factors from driver style, size, housing and the earpads all make up the classic sound signature from those brands.
It can be hard to take advice from people online since most are heavily biased towards one brand and swear off others. The easiest way it to try them all for yourself. For example I could tell you that something about Audio Technica always seems kind of off and that I don't like their build quality. Beyer to me have always seemed bass heavy and muddy. Sennheiser's usually have a veil outside of their highest end and the HD25 series.

The one thing that most people agree on are that AKG's studio phones are always fairly neutral and lacking in bass, which some people love and well you can guess the flip side. Some of them have to be paired with a real nice meaty amp to be favourable for people too. For me that's fine for electronic music like YMO or the Chemical Bros but for people who only care about thumping bass it obviously isn't.

Certain brands are known to employ designs which output better and more realistic soundstage. The best way to understand this is to visit an audio salon.

I got them for $350 and paired with my topping dx3 they sound absolutely amazing, definitely the best expense I've ever done

Now upgrade to a headphone without the veil.

Attached: 20190303_101001.jpg (1804x1102, 326K)

No they don't. DT770 have great bass.

>Stax
>literally 1970s boomer tech
>literally worse than mid tier dynamics
>the most expensive STAX gets crushed by modern planars

Attached: Stax vs Audeze.png (1780x1680, 518K)

Did you know Sennheiser is German family business? You are literally giving money to nazi breeders! Y I K E S

music is a distraction and suppresses creativity

That's some of the most stupid shit I've ever read on this board, congrats.

In what song?

can you hear the drummer fart?

Attached: 1546351455006.jpg (3192x2124, 678K)

can someone tell me what the fuck a soundstage is supposed to be? i listen to good music on good equipment, but never once thought to myself "wow it really sounds like i'm on a stage" or made sense of the bizarre words audiophiles use when they try to communicate how some piece of equipment sounds to them. Like for example, an amp doesn't output a soundstage, it outputs the input signal with more voltage and some distortion which hopefully isn't noticeable.

youre not gonna make it kid

finally. all it costed was all the bass and highs

youtube.com/watch?v=vHNwEkWIFlc

it has to do with the presentation of sound so as to produce a realistic spatial representation in the size of the space and the position of sound sources

a well made amplifier provides enough current at the correct rate to make the representation more accurate and precise

youtube.com/watch?v=Uy9aOBwX7tE

most flac songs with acoustic guitar

The only reason to have a flac file is if you want to convert it to another format.

Does converting it improve sound quality? Its already lossless though.

No as in, you use flac to convert it to the format of your choice, and then you delete it because it's a waste of space for no benefit.

Once you get a decent amp and headphones there's nowhere else to go. Anything else is a meme, your hearing is definitely not good enough to physically hear most of the shit audiophiles imagine they're hearing especially when you 30+ and spend most of the time blasting music loudly into your eardrums all day.

>and then you delete it because it's a waste of space for no benefit
Data hoarding and archiving. Uploading it to trackers.

How does L700 fare against LCD2?

If that's your thing then sure.
I'm only trying to say that there's no point listening to a flac file, and for most people it's a waste.

I have the mass drop senns how the fuck do I escape the veil!?

Nope. Overpriced pointless headphone.

>tube amp
LMAO

Light eq

>not superlux

reminder that the older you are the DEAFER you are

Headphones really dont cut it.

Yup, 660s are /based/
However, you got ripped off. The Massdrop 58x is the same fucking thing for 1/2 the price.

Attached: HD600.jpg (2048x1228, 503K)

True, I can't hear 19kHz anymore. Being old sucks. :(

>you made it as an overpaying for garbage consumer
>now go overpay for stax garbage instead

picrelated best soundstage for games, music with deep bass with great control, other headphones cannot compete with this

Attached: 82404_1.jpg (616x347, 16K)

I got the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros for about $120, how fucked up am I?

go to online tone generator, set impulse to 20Hz and enjoy cracking bass
szynalski.com/tone-generator/

90% of beyerdynamic headphones expecially dt770,880,990 have faulty drivers

>Hifiman
dont come crying when the drivers randomly stop working

a dac can make a difference too, depending on how bad your usual output is

Truth. Protip, all your favourite albums were mixed on reference monitors (speakers for you luddites)

The definitive version of all music is the version that pushes air out of 5'-8' drivers.

How much better is this compared to the HD 6XX?

0, just a ridiculous milking atempt

HD600 remains the only sennheiser worth buying

60 to -39

>go to online tone generator, set impulse to 20Hz and enjoy cracking bass
Every headphone does this that I heard.

Which song though?

but it's pure mud, just like the rest of them
don't have this problem on my th909

Attached: _20190420_114041.jpg (3857x3096, 1.4M)

They don't have the same drivers and don't sound the same at all though. The 660s has better clarity and bass, it also sounds less bright.
t. own both of them

>soundstage
It's headroom, you earlet

>soundmagic
Brought a cheap earbuds and on-ears, it was okay with nice sound signature.

they're fucking amazing better than anything i had ealier

Attached: _DSC0022.jpg (2992x2000, 451K)

all your gear is mid-tier

at best

yeah, i'm not really an audiophile but funny thing in my opinion is cheaper chinesse headphones sounds alot better than the "pro" studio ones, well even funnier thing i have also cheap pioneer ms5t that have the same sound signature with bass performance as dt770

You could ear guitar strings on cheap headphones, hell I can hear them on my AirPods.

it's just that beyer is shit enjoyed only by trannies

spbp

Beyers are garbage, nothing but ear-piercing treble rape. It was so physically uncomfortable I couldn't handle it.

what does this even mean

it means this

just the usual snapheiser fanboy gibberish

but snapheiser is mud, i'm a true stax chad

don't do it on a sennheiser tho, you'll blow the driver

I don't think there's any sennheiser model that even moves a bit at 20hz
they can't reproduce that frequencies

visionary

That's more of your fault for not paying attention. Everyone else knows exactly what it refers to.

What's the most reasonably priced amp+dac combo for the HD600? I'm a retard who's using a shitty Essence STX II at the moment and I'm only really looking for entry level stuff..

Attached: sennheiser600.jpg (1123x800, 103K)

dx3 pro

Not HD800? It’s so detailed, I can’t imagine buying anything else.