God I love fiber

Thank you Ajit

Attached: 1546725877092.png (395x307, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/bots-influencing-debate-over-net-neutrality-says-new-york-attorney-general-719454
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/02/throttling-of-firefighters-hurts-fcc-case-as-it-defends-net-neutrality-repeal/
gizmodo.com/fake-fcc-comments-linked-to-ex-trump-campaign-directors-1832233664
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/08/ajit-pai-admits-fcc-lied-about-ddos-blames-it-on-obama-administration/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So now you have half the speeds that we had in bumfuck, Romania, ten years ago. And then you wonder why people refer to USA as a third world country.

as a broadband tech, fuck fiber contractors

And it only costs you 25% of your monthly income.

>$17.96/mo
kek checks out

>Romania
Fucking kek
Hey everybody let's go live in ROMANIA lmao

t. retard

Attached: 1529106324848.png (730x917, 226K)

Paitards BTFO.

Libtard propaganda.

I think I remember reading that Romania runs internet service as a public utility and it's among the best in the world.
Or maybe it was some other shithole country.

he's right though

>ATT fiber to the home coming to my neighborhood
>oh damn those net neutrality guys were wro-
>fiber connection requires ATTs locked down spyware router box
Nice try Ajit.

>>fiber connection requires ATTs locked down spyware router box
no it doesn't

Yes it does. Their fiber ONT is also a WAP/DHCP/Switch/router/DNS device that you're required to use. Enjoy quad nat-ing your network if you decide to put your own router before it. And good luck changing your DNS server when the ONT forces your traffic to go through theirs.

That sounds like the normie option. What happens if you call up the business line and order the same service? Usually the price is the same but there's less bullshit since it's assumed you have your own IT department.

nope, mine come with modem + their router. I bypassed it with a switch

>canada
>major city
Fuck me, thanks.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-23_18-49-03.png (898x562, 36K)

>most of the first world has net neutrality and better service
>thanking Pai for fast internet
This is your brain on burger lolbertarianism.

Based and redpiled

newsweek.com/bots-influencing-debate-over-net-neutrality-says-new-york-attorney-general-719454

>Thank you Ajit
I've had gigabit fiber since before Ajit took control.

Attached: 2019-04-23 22_20_23.png (488x615, 30K)

anecdotal evidence doesn't count though

...but OP is anecdotal evidence. I see no sourced study being posted.

Sitting at 800/25 for $80 and I live in a shit town on van island.

Maybe you should move out of your shit apartment that only allows adsl

It's VDSL, and nothing wrong with it besides being criminally overcharged. Fuck these telecom monopolies, it costs them pennies to maintain the copper lines.
>800/25
>25
Yeah, and I bet you see nothing wrong with that. Unless you meant to add a zero. How much is your phone bill? That's even worse here in BC.

lets be realistic, download speed is for 99% of people, FAR more important than upload speed.

I'd rather have 1000/100 than have 500/500

You mean like the subhuman op's post. Many states are still trying to create their own net neutrality laws. So isps aren't doing anything different from before the appeal.

There's zero technical reason why you can't have 1000/1000. Telecoms are keeping people in the dark ages while slowly raising prices and artificially "improving" offerings.

Yeah the 25 is crap, but I don't upload all that much so I'm ok not paying the extra for no cap and high upload from Telus for something I'm not really going to use.

Only have a cell. Runs about $45 for unlimited nation wide /w 6gb data.

And I'm pretty sure it costs more than pennies with the amount for wind storms knocking down the lines. Prices are jacked to force you to their new infastructure instead for new customers.

imagine still caring about muh net neutrality when nothing changed and pic related is just libtard propaganda that they've been memeing about for the last 15 years

its just the same stupid libtard shit that never comes true, but gives them a reason to be OUTRAGED. Like how New York was supposed to be underwater by now according to Fag Gore in 2006

depends on the tech being used.

DOCSIS 3.1 for example is 10gbps down and 1.2gbps up, and is generally split with a neighborhood.

They probably COULD get away with offering a bit more upload, at least 250mbps per customer, since upload is so rarely used, but still. 1000/100 wouldn't be terrible either.

Hell, comcast in the US does 1000/35 and 400/35
If I had the option of 1000/35 or 500/500, i'm still getting the 1000mbps one, download is simply far more important unless you're regularly doing sizable uploads. Cloud backups, large file uploads for work projects, etc.

That being said, if I have the OPTION between 1000/35 or 1000/1000, i'll obviously go with the one with better upload.

I'm down.

Tell us about Romania.

pic related, the libtard propaganda "prediction" that panned out just like how Al Gore said the polar ice caps would be gone by now. libtard trash scare propaganda to get you to vote for them

Attached: what-is-net-neutrality.jpg (1113x688, 298K)

>ARE YOU ALARMED YET? LOOK WHAT WE PREDICTED IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! VOTE FOR US SO IT DOESNT HAPPEN
and retards fall for it every time

It's been like a year fuckwit. Don't forget about zero rating, either, which is effectively the same shit. Telecoms /will/ leverage their freedoms against consumers eventually, period. That's how you promote growth in an increasingly finite system.

okay buddy, i'll vote for dems so it doesnt happen. is that what you wanted to hear?

It's never going to happen you weenie. SNI and pervasive SSL render anything along these lines prohibitively difficult and unreliable.

>Runs about $45 for unlimited nation wide /w 6gb data
But here in Vancouver it's $60/1GB.

Attached: 1410987192281.jpg (897x861, 1.13M)

Well that's your own fault then. I get the same plans you do here on the island. Now its also a grandfathered plan and when I need a new phone I get the one that best suits my needs and buy it out. Getting the latest and greatest isn't worth it most time for the average person.

you do realize third world shit holes have better and cheaper internet that we do, right? imagine being so cucked that you actually defend getting ripped off

>plan
That's just the thing, if you don't use their phones and bring your own (obviously a must, to avoid botnet so you can install custom ROMs, etc), they charge you more and don't allow you normal plans. This is the cheapest bring-your-own Telus offers. I would never use a carrier device.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-23_20-21-20.png (1239x802, 96K)

>Wah I'm too much of a bitch I'd rather complain on an Indonesian garbage imageboard than spending a few minutes looking for a deal and take the shit the companies hand me.

Like I said before prices are pretty bullshit but you also have to realize a decent size of the price descrepency has to do with population per km^2 compared to 3rd world shit holes. Or you think they same wages are being paid to the people running and maintaining line here is the same as there.

So either stfu and do some legwork or move to a shit hole country for better internet.

>price descrepency has to do with population per km^2 compared to 3rd world shit holes.
>being so much of a cuck you believe telco propaganda

Looks like your insults are just as lazy as your reading comprehension. Should be able to come up with something better than that, but again if your getting so triggered by saying you should do some work then maybe all I should expect are these simple replies.

Says the retard unironically admitting to using carrier phones to get a good deal. Also, radio waves propagate freely regardless of population density.

My phone bill is $11.20 (public mobile) and my internet bill is $32.09 (can-com 25mbit), and I live in BC. Just gotta go for resellers / 3rd tier providers.

>a decent size of the price descrepency
Some, not a decent size. It's hilarious how much you're getting jewed by telcos and you're apologising for them. They could cut prices in half, deploy 10GbE to every home in america and still make money.

>They could cut prices in half, deploy 10GbE to every home in america and still make money.
You're brain dead if you honestly believe this.

10gbps requires fiber to the premises. There are simply FAR too many rural dwellings in the US that are dozens of kilometers from literally anything else.

You'd be legitimately looking at $100,000+ in infrastructure costs for an individual dwelling 20+ miles from anything else.

Alaska, Texas, the Dakotas, etc

Simply too much empty space to make a 100% fiber deployment economically feasible.
I mean how would you possibly recoup your investment on a $100,000 fiber installation to a single customer? Or even a small rural village of 20 houses.

At $50/month you're talking about 9 years before you even break even from the initial infrastructure costs, this doesn't even start to pay for ISP costs like employee payroll, and other administrative costs.

You're looking at 15-20+ years before you actually see even a dime of profit, and by then you'll be spending even more money on infrastructure upgrades to keep up with modern speeds since by then it'll be 2 decades old.

Tldr; you have no idea what you're talking about, if there was a profit to be made in hooking up every US home with fiber, someone would be doing it.
There is no profit.

ironically enough, they have least cucked privacy laws.

b-but how will i watch my favorite twitch streamers with only 10mbps down?????

who /aus/ here

Attached: file.png (390x352, 26K)

>sirs 10mbps is enough for my 240p bbc fetish
Pajeets are unironically the most cucked race on the planet

Attached: 1555957471440.jpg (400x300, 23K)

It's 5th best.
And I paid 5 yurobux while I was there.

>500 Mbps peak
It's shit tho

Big oof

it was because there was not enough leechers

>tfw 300 / 30 Mbps and unlimited data for $30 in fucking Brazil
Holy shit you're so cucked

Attached: 20170606182827_609.jpg (358x285, 69K)

200M(b)ps for $70....what's the average?

Sad but true

You don't even fucking understand why you should have been opposed to the scrappiing of NN.

hwo do you fats justify data caps? finland has never had them and the last mobile data caps disappeared over a decade ago so i don't truly understand

"justify"

When all the ISPs start doing the same thing all at once, with local competition being nonexistent, it's not like we have any other options.

>hwo do you fats justify data caps?
my border my rules

Wouldn't some company have a huge opportunity if they'd uncap their data and steal clients from their competitors then?

but user, the companies all have data caps, and that's free money
america is all about free money

Mfw stuck on shit 20mbit wireless
Fuck nbn and fuck niggers

Attached: 1546446387936.jpg (1662x2400, 492K)

He is right though, fuck phoneposters.

Since Jow Forums is full of retards. ISPs are only behaving right now because they're trying not to add anymore fuel to the lawsuits that just started.
> arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/02/throttling-of-firefighters-hurts-fcc-case-as-it-defends-net-neutrality-repeal/

Oh and lets not forget that most of the anti-NN comments were push by Trump's campaign director along with Ajit Pai making up a fake DDOS attack to cover up that 99% of the comments were pro-NN

> gizmodo.com/fake-fcc-comments-linked-to-ex-trump-campaign-directors-1832233664

>arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/08/ajit-pai-admits-fcc-lied-about-ddos-blames-it-on-obama-administration/

>linking to gawker affiliates

being this much of a tool

>he says, linking to gawker and conde nast subsidiaries

Generally it doesn't matter because internet service is a natural monopoly. Most people can choose between one DSL provider (telco) or one cable provider. Satellite and wireless are available in some places, but those are unsuitable for most use cases.

There's also some prisoner's dilemma happening here. Caps serve as a reliable source of income for very little time/effort/cash investment. If one uncapped as a competitive advantage, the other could do it as well, but this would just resume a race to the bottom, lowering overall revenue for all players.

Care to elaborate? Fiber is just now being run along my street and now I'm morbidly curious what I should expect.

this is what 9 euros a month gets me as far as mobile goes
pretty decent i'd say

Attached: 1555476432954.png (926x923, 165K)