Graduating high school next week, what do

just counting down the days until I'm a wageslave

Attached: IMG_20190417_214338_551.jpg (612x612, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/news-event/college-admissions-scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So don't be

avoid college at all costs, absolute waste of money and time that will leave you in debt for years, pursue whatever career you want for yourself now you'll have years of experience on college grads and can teach yourself the same thing as any course i promise, take your graduation money and put it on a reliable cryptocurrency, your parents will be okay with you living at home for the next couple of years even though they will act like they aren't use this to your advantage to save up

You need a job to be a wage slave

Don't listen to this guy.

Go to college but work at the same time. Get an internship early. Finish in 6-8 years and be working the whole time in the field you wanna be in. Go to a decent state university that won't cost you an arm and a leg and pay as you go. Take classes online whenever possible. Get your OMSCS from GT afterwards. By the time you're done, you'll have your Masters in Comp Sci and at least 5-6 years experience in whatever field you wanna get into.

As much as it sucks, a lot of companies will pay you more literally just for having a degree, and especially more for having a masters degree from GT or somewhere like that. As long as you don't go to a scam university, and work at the same time, you will be way ahead of someone who didn't go to Uni long-term.

Do this if you want to earn minimum wage for the rest of your life

I'm in a charter program so I'm already balls deep in the college experience. I think IT is p cool but idk if it's a meme or not and I should just do something more sperg instead

This, though there are rare exceptions to this rule (self-education and starting your own business and succeeding in self-employment as some kind freelancer/contractor/consultant) -- This CAN be done, but these people are the exception.

Find a discipline you can enjoy and SPECIALIZE in one that will be in demand 5-10 years from now. Don't waste your time floundering about with general degrees unless you want to fuck off and kill yourself in the near future.

Do this if you know you'll be successful/resourceful/lucky enough to succeed at taking said route:
allowing you to totally sidestep and bypass the Jew, although if things go sour, you won't have formal education as a safety net to fall back on.
These are trade offs you need to consider.

I'd say go to a community college.

It's the best way at this point to get to college and eventually earn money.

Heck i knew a girl that attended community college and now she is at grad school at stanford.

T H I S
H
I
S

if it's highly regarded, accredited, and has all the relevant core and ancillary programs.

I don't know, kid. Find a dream to monetarily support you that causes the least ammount of stress. That shit will kill you. Thats all the advice I can give you as a high school dropout. If your parents are becoming needy, get the fuck out there as fast as you can.

t.15+ year Walmart associate

Attached: 20190111_072615.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

Are your parents making you move out? Moving out is incredibly wasteful of resources. But theoretically the right thing to do, theoretically... :/

Serious man, if you're smart and not some retarded fake, just finish a two year at a community college and then think about starting a business and taking up self-employment.

Take the road less traveled.

nah just thinking about what tech shit job I wanna do

the "college" experience is generally a scam, especially in the US. take it from a dude that could have paid a couple hundred for my tuition (am european) but wanted the new world "college" experience which ended up costing my parents way too much money. The reality is, you can learn a lot in university, but it is not worth getting crazy in debt for it. Most universities, if not all undergraduate programs at least, are a mere shadow of what they once stood for: education for all, in a formal, practical and authentic way. Going to a world-class university is only worth it if
a) you want to go into academia and want to n e t w o r k with the profs,
b) you have a good scholarship that means you can live comfortably and not feel bothered by the amount of money you're spending on tuition
or
c) you are rich

the reality is that you can get the same quality of education (or nearly) at decent (and much cheaper) universities. Even in the top of the world unis, you will encounter the same bullshit your every day uni will see: cheaters who get away with it, profs whom you don't know how they still have any classes given to them and in whose class you learn the absolute bare minimum, big mafia-type student/TA unions who give you access to their database of old exams if you get "in" with them (aka how to get a 4.0 without really understanding anything in your degree), I'll spare you the details.

I'd say if you feel like still going to uni, do it: it's fun, I feel like I learnt a lot, and am overall happy to have had this experience. But make very careful financial decisions if MIT offers you a spot but your parents are already tight for money. Good luck though.

Invest in buttcoin

ewwwwww

It's not so bad. I wish I could go back to your age and re-do a lot of things different, but the way it's worked out is ok too.

You've got options. Go to college. Or wait and go later. Or go the trade route if you're so inclined.

If you have a clear idea and understanding of what you want to do, go ahead and go to college. If you don't, maybe work for a year or two and save money and just knock out some pre-reqs at the community college.

If you handle things right, you can get way ahead on the wage-slave curve. Especially if you have something you enjoy doing. And even if you don't and fuck it up pretty good like I did, you can still recover down the road.

Good luck!

>tfw college is virtually free here
>no debt to go to uni, as long as you prove talent

How old are you?

what the fuck this is sick

Get a decent college education. Do research on job availability before you pick a major.
Enjoy life.

Attached: 1538199669179.png (1602x829, 470K)

Attached: suicide-booth-25c-new-year-new-me-haha-am-i-10318879(1).png (500x591, 100K)

>Enjoy life
>in modern America

The world will be a very ugly place in the next decade and with any luck, we're all going to fucking die

Trade school, Internship and basically stay away from University. Debt and the fact it is expensive is not worth the rewards.

Don't go to college or wagecuck. Build a cabin in the woods and learn to hunt dear. The system will collapse soon.

>every posts in this thread saying universities are scams
is american education system that bad or its just neets sour grape?
in the place i am living now, everying other than a university degree means minimum wage for the rest of your life

Save ur money and don't get arrested

No college my opinion but there are suckers out there

Why would NEETs be jealous of wagecucks? You have to work your ass off 40 hours a week to make your boss rich while we don't have to do anything.

>Why would NEETs be jealous of wagecucks? You have to work your ass off 40 hours a week to make your boss rich while we don't have to do anything.
i dont know, maybe some neets here actually want to be self sufficient
>40 hours a week
its nothing compared to where i am living now (52 hours a week on average)

I recommend community college or whatever the cheapest state school you can go to is, the only value you get from paying for university is networking and that's pretty much the same at any big school outside of ivy leagues. I went to a premium tech school that shilled their career resources and they ended up being garbage. Also get a part time job, it's less stressful to learn to cope with wagecucking while it's not required to keep the roof over your head.

>is american education system that bad or its just neets sour grape?

The cost has just skyrocketed due to secured loans. "Everybody needs a college degree" + wide open access to loans that can never be discharge = universities bloating costs.

You still need a degree to move up really, unless you can run your own business.

College isn't a "scam" but it's ludicrously expensive. People end up paying off their student loan debts well into their 30s just for a basic bitch 4 year college education. This is just an extra kick in the nuts.

nytimes.com/news-event/college-admissions-scandal

TL;DR
College officials at a number of different schools were taking bribes so rich kids could get into big name universities.

A degree is absolutely not required to move up in the world, be successful, or become the rich bitch that shits on the poor. The avenues are out there if you know where to look, but it's all obfuscated and niche for a damn good reason.

Higher education, or rather the continual acquisition of relevant knowledge and skills through one's life is NEVER a bad idea or investment, but I'd argue "college" in the traditional sense is most definitely a scam when the public education system is set up to funnel everyone into the scheme while propagating the stigma that a person is a complete failure for not being jumping through all the hoops and being jew'd out of their precious time and money to be someone else's tool/puppet for the next 40-70 years, not to mention the incestuous shit surrounding publishers and companies like College Board.

It's practically extortion. I just did a cursory glance on glassdoor and indeed and there are industries and disciplines that only require practical, demonstrable skill and some light cert requirements that hover around $100,000 starting.

American, btw, before anyone testifies here.
I don't know how the dynamics are impacted in other countries by policy and economic circumstance.

The only scam is student loans. As long as you stay away from those everything is fine. Really good colleges have financial aid. Otherwise, go to a college you can afford.

You from china?

Bullshit. No one actually has the willpower to teach themselves a full undergrad curriculum on their own.

> Not having the IQ to remember everything instantly.

Are you even trying?

that cat is literally me

Spice up your problem solving skill, with or without college