Major in physics

>Major in physics
>Subhuman stoner I went to in high school majors in CS
>He's making $95k
>I work at Starbucks
You told me STEM was guaranteed jobs.

Attached: 1554248968644.png (470x556, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

test.mensa.no/
youtube.com/watch?v=YE9qb1Nhw4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but you have a job, user. you're at starbucks

I have the higher IQ but I'm making less money.

>Start creating machines that do helpful shit.
>Team up with CS dude and get them programmed to do it automatically.
>profit.

money isnt everything ;^)

>Wah wah people who leaned something useful in college are subhumans
It's not too late to learn to code, brainlet.

The first "computer scientists" labelled themselves as "physicists". Frankly you should have enough of a mathematics background to understand how to program.

Also, you were supposed to get a PhD with that major, you dumbass.

>I have the higher IQ
Aren't you the faggot who made the "imagine programming without knowing math" thread? It had the exact same image for the OP. That guy was definitely retarded and had a god complex about how smart they are.

Attached: DE2138863F7B4CE2BDA90E732D58DABE.png (600x895, 377K)

majors in physics usually don't have any sort of really good job until they get a phd.

check software.nasa. gov. They have some open positions available

>Major in physics
>most likely lives in a country that values guns more than science
Should have gone for engineering. Almost as much physics, lots more jobs.

Yes, its me

test.mensa.no/

You may be a lot less smart than you think you are. Take a test and see.

>majoring in something that only has jobs at the PhD level

take your meds

>>Major in physics
associates or bachelors? Either way apply for jobs in engineering, accounting, and finance. Your degree is a big shiny "im good as fuck at math" label. Furthermore if you were to say go to a community college and get a two semester certificate in CS you could easily get a job paying above your subhuman stoner friend.

Yeah I'll take a """venti""" medium roast with a shot of espresso. And another one for your mother. Leave room for milk.

Or maybe he actually changed and worked hard in College instead of being an egotistical faggot that keepa living in the past like you did.

That guy was 100% correct though. Programming without knowing the math relevant to CS theory is like doing physics without math. Sure, you can read a bunch of shitty pop physics books and watch a bunch of shitty dumbed down pop physics vsauce tier youtube videos, but you're not likely to contribute anything novel or have anything but a shallow understanding of the material.

>medium roast
disgusting subhuman detected. Light roast is superior

>go to a community college and get a two semester certificate in CS
not OP, but is this true? Need to stop being neet before I go crazy and off myself.

>Veranda
>superior to anything

maybe if they still roasted willow. starcucc plebians

I mean I don't know every city and country in the world but my local community college has a 'three' semester cert (but the first semester is a whole two classes and the 2nd is only 3), and yeah a whole 15 credit hours and $3,630 for the whole stint and you get half an associates and a piece of paper that says you know basic programming.

Attached: lel.png (833x709, 40K)

>Major in Physics
>Love the intellectual rigor but hate the work
>Only job I can scrape up is an internship working in IT
>Switch majors to EE
>Love the work but the intellectual rigor hasn't ramped up enough yet for me to feel challenged
>Companies, plural, all over my dick begging me to work for them
I can't complain, I guess.

Attached: confused bury pink.png (696x888, 670K)

Nobody told you math was guaranteed jobs. I'm semi talking out of my ass but actual usefulness for finding employment seems to be technology > engineering > science > math

STEM pretty much means CS and EE these days.

>all this larping
Everyone knows that math majors get 300k starting.

and thats really enough to get a basic job/internship? I just looked and my local CC offers specific language certificates or network security/programming, is that what youre talking about?

Wouldn't it include IT

But he wasn't majoring in math, he was majoring in physics. Are you larping as literate?

>entire courses in bash and web languages
Cringed

I didn't have enough time to finish the test and actually had to get up and answer a bunch of questions for my coworkers in the middle of it (I'm at work). I finished 70% of the test. Got a 110. I'm not the person you're responding to though. It was fun.

What companies are coming after you for having an EE degree? I graduated with an EE degree and ended up in a software engineering job because I could hardly find any EE jobs and they all seemed shitty.

I've never really given light roast a fair chance.
I'll get OP to make me one.

Hard major != good paying jobs.

The market doesn’t value physical science degree.

Technician jobs. They're not blow-your-socks-off amazing, but there are several companies competing to hire graduates from my program faster than the department can churn them out, and I live in a relatively low cost of living area. I feel like I'm in a pretty good place if I have my choice of being able to be employed at several places that are salivating to hire as many people as possible while also having the option of going on to a four-year school open. It's not silicon valley pay, but when it's not silicon valley prices, it's hard to complain.

Attached: 1555285469226.png (480x523, 225K)

Should've studied some practical aspect of physics like solid-state physics, material science - the shit that is actually being used in big businesses.

Chemistry and biochem are good too.

Biology will get you a job on the cleanup crew at the dollar store ibuprofen factory for $13 an hour though lol.

>test.mensa.no/
i got 121.9 is that good or am i retard

This test is absolute bullshit.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 11.40.57 PM.png (680x491, 33K)

i guess you are not as smart as you think you are.

>You told me STEM was guaranteed jobs.
It is. Physics isn't STEM.

You aren't as smart as you think you are. In fact I can tell you aren't smart at all. Most people who think they're smart are actually pretty stupid. Dunning-kruger.

you dont even have a phd do you?

What about Mech Eng

Nope. That's closer to construction work.

seems accurate enough, 138 on it and 147 from an official test

Eh, I'm majoring in it. I'll also prob minor in CS

he said mech not civil
t. civil engineer

138 to 147 is HUGE difference on the IQ scale. so it is way off.
that is like going from 1% of the population, to 0.01% of the population, or something like that

My god you sound like a narc. Seek help.

psychologists administer IQ tests, retard. And only abnormal people take IQ tests anyway.

In science? Yeah, I agree. In general? Fuck no, it's easy to requalify as a software engineer, physics major gives good problem solving abilities.
Take it from a physics major who gtfo out of academics into programming, never been happier.

It's not that much of a difference, fag.

t. high IQ puzzle solver, 99th percentile matrix reasoning ability. pssh, nothing personnel

Just like Mensa in general.
>be organization gathering supposely the top percentile of the whole populace
>instead of working towards better future solve puzzles and complain about being detached from the rest of humanity

Same. I don't even know what I would have done with my physics bachelor's.

>so high IQ I tricked my way into mensa by manipulating their IQ test and fug brain stacies while the virgin nerds cry

>STEM
>S stands for Science
>doesn't include Physics

Attached: enough.jpg (436x536, 51K)

well it seems you dont know what 99th percentile means, in a normal distribution it is 2.3263 standard deviations above the mean past the 3rd dieviation you are entering into super rare terrartoy. Like at any public highschool above 500 students you will always have several or more 138 students, but you may have zero 148 students

Attached: index.png (317x159, 5K)

name one practical application of your degree besides teaching highschool students?

>Major in CS
>Make 95k year
I have a degree and I'm a driver for UPS making $36/hour. And in 4 years it'll be $40/hour :^)

Semiconductors, motherfucker.

You could try applying for a CS PhD program if you think you're so smart. They love taking physics and maths people if they know a bit of programming. Depending on the program you could get paid up to 30K.

dont you need a phd for that? that isnt a engineering degree?

Physics isn't science, and makes no use of the scientific method.

I completed all matrix reasoning questions on the WISC-IV.

The last one wasn't even that bad, it was just mirrored horizontally, vertically, and rotated 90' degrees.

Attached: 1538145813486.jpg (1200x839, 92K)

did you know that web sites are really profitable? most of the don't really need complex math

But I'm still a retard so it doesn't really matter that I have a high IQ. I'll be lucky to make 200k a year.

Attached: 1511293721433.jpg (503x436, 48K)

The only reason to go into physics is because you love it.
I hope you have a /applied/ physics degree, I just assumed it was a theoretical physics degree. Honestly you could likely get hired at a bus firm doing project management or such, you wont be working in your field but the degree will get you in the door with a lot of places

Attached: ifthesetrendscontinuet.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Attached: 1540235368248.jpg (1567x978, 129K)

materials science focus I hope

>200k
200k is inconceivably good you retard. That is the type of money that you make enough to invest it and in 10 years can have real passive wealth generation if you are just a little smart about it You could be worth 50 million easy in your 60s if you invest right and dont over spend in your early years

>Mensa

That's starting pay for a lot of doctors. 50 million, lmao.

Doctors are overqualified but they're not that smart, nor that rich. A psychiatrists job is so simple but they'll consider 7 angles to give you a goddamn ritalin script.

doctors have 200k of interest debt and no time to invest

Also your 50 million figure is extremely unreasonable, the time consuming to even partially reach it.

Warren don't get more than 20% ish yearly and he big boss man. You should read his book Snowball you nignog, changed my perspective.

>starting pay of a 22 year old with no debt compared to a 30 year old with 300k of debt

fine whatever, 10 million
200k is still about 97% of teh U.S. population

Psychiatrists work 40 hours a week leaving 120 to invest you idiot.

You literally can't get those returns you're talking about. You'll be lucky to have 10 million with 30 years salary of 200k.

>Psychiatrists work 40 hours a week
you are wrong

about=above*

My psychiatrist works 8AM to 5PM with lunch break 5 days a week. Patients arn't coming in at 8PM dummy

Yeah but to get rich like my boy shkreli

that's some real nigger shit

Attached: 3gtk4hnlcqd11.jpg (1125x1331, 173K)

you are wrong
inb4
>but I cant live on 100k
yes you can, 80%+ of the population does, many on much much less.
dont know why you bothered to read snowball if you didnt understand it

Attached: Untitled.png (1214x449, 32K)

>20% return a year
kek, watch out we got a badass over here.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 7.12.49 PM.png (149x185, 47K)

You're not getting 20% return a year on $100k yearly.

jesus christ fucking retards. 10% is historical of the s

Attached: MartinsGF-ilramm.jpg (1920x1920, 1.64M)

okay make it 10% a year (on average) and make the time span 30 years.
And when I say invest, I mean real stuff like buying commercial property and funding its improvements, not chickenshit stocks

Warren is a full time autist and he barely manages 20% and he's one of the best in the world and came from a goddamn different time period

Are you actively searching for a job in your field?

Have you considered doing PhD/joining the academy?

Commercial properties aren't guarantees, Martin lays this out nicely.

youtube.com/watch?v=YE9qb1Nhw4A

Attached: martinsex.jpg (1920x1920, 1.64M)

nothing is a guarantee, and you lose on some and win on others. also the point is complaing about 200k salary is retarded

Martin made 100 million+ in 6 years and he literally stole the idea from a movie.

Attached: 1540167294404.png (1400x1010, 1.29M)

High IQ doesn't mean shit if you aren't utilizing it

Attached: download_20190407_210456.png (601x601, 264K)

>I have the higher IQ
We can tell

Attached: 1515575296648.png (499x338, 38K)

you think you're smart, but that's not the case.
it's more likely that you are dumb and insufferable.
I'm bathing in job offers with an MS in physics, and I'm from a shit country and my Engilsh is crap. I imagine that an average physicist has no problem finding a job even when he has a swastika tattooed on his head.

>from a movie
pump and dump is a known scheme, he was an idiot doing it with normal stocks when he could have done it with bitcoins where there's no laws

You fucking headass, do something with your major. Alright, if you’re smart, imagine this - every company in the world can be equated as to having some economic position. Their position changes based off some factors, blah blah blah..you get where I’m going, right? You could theoretically come up with some approximate model of the global economy by using astrophysics gravity models. Sure, it’ll be inaccurate in loads of ways, and it’s probably been done 10x times before, but if you do this and have some way to show it off, every fucking hedge fund in the world is going to look at you and say “great, throw him in the quant dept, this can’t go tits up, he’s too smart”. But the only reason they’ll look at you in the first place, is because you demonstrated some sort of business value.

If you’re not into doing work on wall street or the likes, i suppose you could work in a research position? Sorry, but your physics skills have no use in actual design where 95% of the theory gets thrown out the window because “____ is dirty and i don’t like it”. But companies still have value in research. Unfortunately this is kinda similar to the phd route.

You can - if you were so inclined - turn this into public service, and no im not joking. Jimmy Carter was a nuclear physicist, and if you ignore the scandals, all of which were not his fault by the way, his policy and decision making was lightyears ahead. He attempted to fight global warming before anyone not named nixon, he tried to start the oil-transition away from the middle east before...well, we made the middle east our bitch, he pushed for lots of reforms that we now would consider acceptable. Point is, he saw these, and was considered a good representative by his party, because he was the smartest man in any political building he entered, and not by a small margin. Go into public policy, no one will argue with the guy who’s math skills walk leagues around hillbilly joe who used to run uncontested

my kid, who's 22, got a BA in physics, and works at a finance startup - he makes 72K and gets bonuses twice a year based on performance, plus expense account and quite good benefits - four years ago he was making $9 an hour at Burger King

>happy his child is living barely above poverty

kek

121.9 is is good but the fact that you have to ask that makes you look like a retard