What happened here?

What happened here?

Attached: temp.png (396x336, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Distrowatch is not representative of actual interest/installs otherwise that'd look more like Debian, CentOS with Ubuntu a fairly distant second

>muh boomer distros

pic related happened

Attached: serveimage38.jpg (645x729, 57K)

What's wrong with MX?

Alpine would be miles ahead if we count docker usage.

But Manjaro is better on the desktop than all of those.

Enjoy your broken arch-wannabe system.

But what's broken about it? Or if you want to be helpful what is going to break?

Centrainly works better compared to other distros.

MX has a 32 and 64 bit ISO with a lighter weight desktop. This appeals to the more experienced linux users and that attracts those who want to get into it. Manjaro is indeed the most newbie friendly but MX does offer more options for the experienced.
It will always be a rough ride to appeal to the masses or stick to a format or way of doing things. MX is going the way of options, while Manjaro is going the way ease of use for new users. Mint/Ubuntu are in a strange area because of bad decisions over the years and confusion on how the future will play out for their repositories.

>But Manjaro is better on the desktop than all of those.

When someone makes a statement like that one, it behooves the person making the statement to back that shit up or be dismissed as an asshole.

So, what's your basis - and realize it's just your own personal basis - for why you say Manjaro is better than the other distros listed?

Put up or shut up.

Retard, that's by clicks. Slackware and arch are first and second in actual rating from reviews.
wow what an absolute subhuman, just zoomers fall for the latest amateur distro thinking they are more leet than installing ubuntu. You are not any better in fact you are just going for more unstable system that probably collects data in the background.
You are just retarded basedboys who rate distros by the default theme, ascii art and the package manager name.
"Wow pacman is better than apt because you don't have to type update and upgrade xD"
"dude mx linux literally kills debian, debian looks so outdated but look how cool mx linux is and my wifi just works because I'm too retarded to read what a repo is"
>pic related

Attached: Peak_SoyBoy.webm (640x358, 1.91M)

I’ve been using Linux for nearly ten years and I use fedora with gnome. Fite me. I don’t have time to rice shit and I’m not autistic enough to use gentoo as muh daily driver. Ubuntu is king in the industry outside of red hat senpai

why isn't arch #1?

I don't know, that site seems really unreliable. What are they even basing their stats on, reported downloads from the devs?

You're making me feel really insecure

Based on views on their own website. The data is literally irrelevant considering there's a million better sources for finding a distro.

>What's wrong with MX?
Absolutely nothing. No systemd, Debian base, everything works perfectly ootb, xfce, has the incredibly helpful MX Tools. Love it.

this, distrowatch is like 1000 people rating distros and they aren't actually smart

>What's wrong with MX?
Absolutely everything. Yet another crappy Debian fork, yet another halfassed attempt at cutting out systemd and replacing it with sysvhackjob, yet another Xfeces desktop.

>*pops your tiny retarded caveman view of the world*
stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
>b-but not everyone visits Wikipedia!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot_20190424-020222.png (1080x1920, 242K)

This is the future we all deserve.

so basically it's people with ubuntu window shopping other distros they will never install

heres what they all have in common:

>graphical interface installs
>built in desktop environment
>said desktop environments are themed
>clones of windows or macOS as closely as possible

like it or not, these are the 5 OSes you would give your grandma.

>just installed Xubuntu
I am clearly part of the elite

arch users visit only real wikis

*casually swap an irrelevant ranking with another irrelevant ranking*
huh, nothing personal kiddo

Based sperg.

Is MX Linux related to MX Player?

so, put up, faggot
why is it not better? do you have an argument other than the usual "hurr it broke"? is that not personal bias?

no. MX is off shoot of MEPIS linux which was pretty solid at the time of it's development.

what I like about manjaro:
up-to-date packages
AUR
can choose my kernel (needed for wifi compat issues)
comes with i3 edition

hahaha mepis :-------DDD

>"user, the burden of proof lies on you..."
>"HURR NO U HAVE 2 PROVE WHY IT ISNT"

Attached: 6bLZ9EQ.jpg (500x227, 27K)

reminder that linux is only used on virtual machines or servers

reminder that your a dumb homo fag *dabs*

>distrowatch
literally only one fucking person on Jow Forums who fucking cares about this shit site, stop spamming these shit threads, no one fucking cares

It means people who use rolling releases don't check distrowatch every day to see if the latest iso is out yet.

Page

hit

ranking

counted

once a day

by

unique IP address

@ first

clicked

link.

>MX Linux
What's that? the new Mint?

The year of the linux desktop!

Bots happened

How is alpine on bare hardware?

Nobody ever tried that.

Isn't this just a list of one's people are interested in looking at info for , not ones actually installed?

Ok

Yes. There is no list of distros by installation. It's impossible to surmise.

Ah yeah, the closest is probably this
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux
It does break it down into at least what us steam linux users are using specifically, but obviously not an overall picture.

the burden of proof is on you. you're the one making the initial claim. learn to logic

Category: Desktop, From RAM, Live Medium
>wtf I'll give it a try.

It's ok, you might run into some "musl issues" but it's usable

mx is great, it even picked up trackpad gestures on my shitty netbook.

i++;

MX Linux is pretty solid, got it running on my second notebook (my primary machine needs to run Windows because the CAD industry loves to suck MS cock)

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-24 13-11-15.png (494x495, 37K)

Manjaro is just a worse Antergos

systemd is there, just not activated

>mention you like manjaro
,>always causes a mass of butthurt Linux fags

Like clockwork. It really is the best experience I've ever had with Linux. Stay mad.