hear what?

Based

See you next week.

3 day later
Win10_1488_English_x64.iso downloading 2GiB left

>KDE
Enjoy your glitches lol

this, unironically

what DE should I use then? not going to touch GNOME.

take the xfce pill

cinnamon

That guy's a retard, kde has worked great for a long time. All in all you seen to have made a pretty good distro choice despite being new

enjoy being 2nd citizen ;)

If you do really prefer desktop panels and window manager (frames surrounding window) crashing and shit graphically glitching randomly..

This or MATE. Windows XP tier, but the only shit that seems reliable and fast, besides just ditching DEs and going full Window Manager tier (i3, dwm, awesome etc.), but that requires having autism to set up everything else you may need.

GNOME despite it's visual design is also abhorrent unstable and slow shit, don't bother.
From newer stuff, maybe Budgie DE is OK, you can try that too (seems OK on SolusOS).

This but make sure it's the 4.13 version, that fixes the infamous screen tearing.

Windows 10

>fedora
>KDE
You may as well just stay on windoze

>not booting an NT kernel, loading a GNU userspace in WSL, and running Explorer in Wine on top of that

dont use a DE and use i3

Where can I get Windows 1488 edition?

Install Gentoo, please

Props to you for joining the linux masterrace fren ^-^

>cinnamon
dat memory leaking file manager

>linux newfag
see on windows next week retard

>Not using superior Rufus
Try to be better next time.

>fedora
>kde
just remain with windows

Rufus is just dd for retards.

Opensuse's kde experience is even better than KDE Neon

I don't know much about Fedora, but if the other common DE's are all in the repositories, just give em all a try.

Opensuse is best kde experience there is.
shame that opensuse is such a pain to use.

why aren't you using torrents?

Be quiet! Brutus is brilliant

FIRST of all tearing is not a DE's job, it's you GPU's job
second of all you don't need the whole thing on .13 -- only xfwm and i think it has to be the git one, not the now old dev one

+ Arc

>dwm
picrelated

Attached: 1536369628490.jpg (125x95, 2K)

It's such a shame. Otherwise Nemo would be god tier.

Unironically use KDE, it's the best DE moving from windows. Change if you're not satisfied.

For Fedora spins:
Xfce = GNOME > Cinnamon > MATE > LXDE > LXQT > KDE

>GNOME is slow shit and abhorent unstable
Works on my Fedora machine(TM) with no problem

>using fedora

Attached: tipping-intensifies.gif (287x344, 141K)

You say "Windows XP tier" like it's a bad thing and not the absolute peak of DEs

Werks on my openSUSE
KDE, LxQT, XFCE.

>Fedora KDE
Literally the worst KDE experience, the distro is made by GNOME people.

I like Gnome.

tell that to nvidia, faggot

XFCE

Me too, it's my main DE.
>GNOME people
Redhat != GNOME you tard

KDE is great. Go with Kubuntu, don't listen to the Arch/Gentoo i3 memers. After years I finally went back to Ubuntu because it just werks.

>i3
literally philosophy major tier
dwm or kys

>buying nvidia
are you sure im the faggot?

I came to appreciate it over time.

im not op and i would have stayed on windoze but they are killing 7 so im jumping ship

so, this is how this will play out:
>first week: everything is exciting and new. glitches and bugs will be ignored
>second week: once you decided if you rice your desktop to mimic windows or macos, you begin to ask yourself why you switched in the first place
>third week: fedora gives you a shitload of updates every day. three new kernel versions in just one week. you realize that not even windows was that annoying with "pls reboot me senpai"
>fourth week: the bugs and glitches you ignored so far become annoying. simple tasks crash on you. software, you use as substitute to your usual windows programs are buggy or simply wannabe copys.
>fifth week: the start of months of distro hopping. first you switch from fedora kde to fedora xfce and start over with ricing. once you find out that gtk2 is ancient, you switch to fedora gnome, because ist's "the way fedora should be experienced anyway". again, ricing.
>half a year in: you let yourself meme into arch, gentoo, debian, something without systemd, something without systemd that looks like it's from 1993
>2020: you realize that most of your computing time you micromanage your system and try to spare every bit of ram, thinking that minimalism is the only way. you will probably find out that you made your life hard for yourself and get back to windows.

Attached: 1554843215252.jpg (764x764, 134K)

KDE or xfce

xfce, KDE is bloated trash

Attached: 1420850086175.jpg (207x253, 17K)

unironically me, but only in the span of two months

yeah, any screenshot of htop with KDE vs xfce running, I don't have KDE here with me so i can't take screenshot, but KDE uses 1.5GB of ram idle and a fuckton of background processes showing down the CPU too, while a xfce install uses less than 200MB and idles at much lower CPU usage.
KDE even has a fucking file indexing service (yeah that useless file index trash so you can "search faster" like if anyone uses that Windows style.
So basically use KDE if you want a Windows experience.

>KDE uses 1.5gb of ram idle
no it doesn't, you fucking lying retard

>KDE in 2019
>Glitches
kek, name one glitch that you've run into today

Attached: 1515423637792.png (538x630, 379K)

I've been using fucking Kubuntu of all things for almost 6 months now and I've run into literally ZERO issues with KDE

The virgin i3 linguist vs the CHAD dwm developer

My fresh Kubuntu install uses about 700MB ram on start up though.

OK, 700MB then, if you find 700MB of idle ram usage acceptable for a desktop then idk what to tell you. 700MB idle isn't acceptable for my standards, it's way beyond unacceptable.

Thats a really crummy thing to say to a dude, say your sorry!

You have...
*giggles*
LOW STANDARDS

Is Jow Forums just a larp for free software, in the end?

>fedora media writer

boy howdy are you not ready for linux

I remember being obsessed with idle RAM usage that I cooked up a bare minimal linux image that used barely 100MB RAM. I stopped giving a fuck because I use linux for work and I just want shit done without too much micro-management.

the only reason to worry about idle ram is if you have a low amount of it in the first place

It's funny. For all the shit KDE and GNOME users give each other, your statement would perfectly fit both.

you saved yourself some valueable lifetime.

Same, but it took me 10 months

I was on the verge of this shit but I figured out the issues I was having. Biggest problems with linux are:

horrible screen tearing
refresh rate problems

if they fixed these issues linux would be 100% better then windows. I STILL have screen tearing in firefox even with smooth scrolling configuration settings and the other settings the enable unlocked framerate/changed frame rate and acceleration. Its not as bad as before but i do still notice it. Dual monitor refresh rate issues that dont stick. Also getting answers for problems that arise is annoying as fuck.

>fedora KDE
Had to get rid of that shit, it would Krash and never recover after playing youtube videos.
If you have the same problems that I did then it will turn you off from KDE forever.
Try Neon or Kubuntu.

Based.

That process took me years. He's a guru if it takes him just until next January.

>it would Krash and never recover
LARPing faggot. What kind of crashes did you have? Did you run it on a potato?

installing shit on other distros is pain in the fucking dick. Example im trying to install maya and its just not possible on other distros other then fedora/ubuntu or at least thats what ive read
this is a major reason why i switched to ubuntu.

>fedora

Attached: 1527099539295.gif (762x750, 246K)

After the novelty wears off (about an hour) and you realise Linux is dogshit, you'll be right back.

>Did you run it on a potato?
AMD Ryzen 2200g. Fedora 29. Latest kernel but 4.19 didn't make a difference.
>What kind of crashes did you have?
No matter what I tried my fans would spin at 100% on idle.
Compositing would stop randomly all the time. My fingers got tired of pressing "Ctrl+Alt+F12" to restart it.
The whole system would freeze up and not recover no longer how much you waited. Couldn't even switch to a desktop terminal when that happened.
>LARPing faggot.
Why would I larp?
I even advised that he use a different KDE distro.
KDE is obviously not a priority for the Fedora/Redhat team. Why be a second class citizen when there are alternatives?

not everyone is a brainlet like you user

>fedora kde
Enjoy your duplicated softwares

KDE

Windows on gaming machine
Linux on laptops/servers
Prove me wrong

i'd bet that 99% of the games you play are already playable on linux.

Are you a wizard?

>Fedora KDE

Based

fuck off tripfag

Most Linux distros are shit for laptops in their default state, because of the increased battery drain.