What's currently the most baffling piece of shit in modern technology?

What's currently the most baffling piece of shit in modern technology?

Attached: Juicero_Press_Open_Door_with_Pack.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-AYhMoLorI
2power.de/en/2power-modul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teledildonics
youtube.com/watch?v=MVHzfUWul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iot

Green power

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (755x425, 104K)

batteries

your mums vibrator

Smart phones with useless features like fingerprint scanners, folding display, 5 cameras and personal assistants.

Attached: NOKIA.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

This. I don't understand why i would want my white goods on the internet when they function fine without it.

Attached: SMALT_onPatio.jpg (1000x625, 28K)

This.
IoT all the things.
The salt shaker is pretty high on the list but I think the Smart Water Bottles are right up there with it.
>if only we had some way to tell that we should drink something

this meme was way overblown

the bags contain actual whole pieces of fruit + vegetables

the press crushes them to release the juice

the retards squeezing the bag to get the water out of it while saying 'im doing the same thing the press does' were fucking morons.

Is it weird that I assumed this was a fleshlight with network functions?

it's still a ridiculous device

>the retards squeezing the bag to get the water
What water? The water that is locked up in the fruit and veges aka the juice?
But that is still beside the point. The machine itself is way over-engineered and expensive to make, the IoT nature was dumb as fuck and the subscription juice service was untenable, and they knew it.
It was a product doomed to fail and they lost a lot of other peoples' money.

Python.

No, the produce inside was already diced to bits as seen in most videos on the topic. Even the taste was no different.

juicero is the definition of bloat

fingerprint scanners have always been useful even when they were only for laptops.
the rest of it is trash though.

Women

>I'm going to be contrarian for the sake of it
Good luck with that

>buy smart water bottle
>go outside in hot summer sun
>need to drink water
>error: no internet connection
>die of dehydration

kek

Works well where I live, lots of sun and wind.

>this meme was way overblown
The machine cost over $1000 to manufacturer because they were so stupid. It was filled with custom forged steel gears and parts that required precise CNC and heat treatment. It was designed like some ww2 wunderwaffen with no regard to cost or how to mass produce it.

Can we all agree, that while silly and completely overdone, this is a nice piece of technology?

Syncro your nut with strangers to get combo bonus points

Stsrt a Jow Forums coop wit 30+ ppl nutting at the same time

yeah besides it making every landscape look like shit and killing thousands of birds while being completely inefficient

The Nokia 9 objectively takes the best photos. Not as noisy or oversaturated as Huawei/Apple photos and with way more dynamic range. Of course you won't hear any of this from journalists because they're too busy eating Huawei's farts at the moment.

>killing thousands of birds
Dumb fucking shits can't even dodge a barely moving piece of metal? Serves the flying rats right

youtube.com/watch?v=d-AYhMoLorI
Jow Forums: making satire real since 2014.

Attached: 1550030766371.png (218x218, 60K)

Attached: 1302101878219.jpg (239x262, 60K)

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Attached: jibo-robot-butler-vignette.jpg (900x600, 27K)

already reached grid parity with conventional power years ago, given that they are built in good locations
on top of being safer and cleaner
enjoy your radioactive fly ash and lung diseases

No

Smartphones and IoT, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Internet of Retards.

Attached: holland_yes.png (763x631, 606K)

Attached: suicide_booth_by_r_w_shilling.jpg (1011x756, 263K)

> I don't know what I am talking about
Jow Forums in a nutshell

Multiple cameras can be good for digital telescoping and 3D VR if used remotely - i.e. you set up a charge stand with a rotating swivel and you and your friend put on your VR helmets and bam its like you're right next to each other.

Every single Applel product that's been made or will be made

IoT is good when in sensible application. Not everything has to be IoT enabled. Retards these days.

social networks

50/50

Jow Forums.org

>unironically defending internet connected salt shaker

Attached: 1539160567523.jpg (910x752, 59K)

based

IoT works in business, hospitals etc. Having IoT system controlling the heating can significantly lower the bills, that being said of course there's older technology that does the same more reliably(although it costs more) - see KNX

fingerprint scanner is actually really convenient

Not that guy, but IoT has a lot of practical use in replacing old data transmission methods like proprietary wire cables for cameras and data monitors with WiFi protocols.

It unironically works.
Anyway, I have million dollar idea. Combine two existing technologies: solar water heater and panels. Water will chill the panel, which will increase chooch factor and make it more skookum.

>Having IoT system controlling the heating can significantly lower the bills
That's not IoT, that's just a managed heating system.
IoT highly implies connecting the shit to the Internet. This is NOT required for what you're talking about. It can be a completely locally managed system with no links to the outside world.
This is important, because IoT has proven notoriously insecure.

>replacing reliable stuff that has been working for decades with unnecessary security shitholes like wifi
Yep, that's the IoT mentality alright

fpbp

I don't disagree see my later addition about KNX. The only legitimate use where I can't imagine using different tech than IoT was monitoring in public buses.

>The only legitimate use where I can't imagine using different tech than IoT was monitoring in public buses.
Well, yeah somewhere where you need remote access or monitoring would be able to go with IoT.
But even then you could fudge the whole "Internet" part by j-j-jamming them in a VPN so that they can't be accessed directly from the Internet.

uh, user, its 2019
wires are inconvenient because my earphone wires constantly tangle and my apple iphone charger catches fire and advertising told me wires are unsightly anyway
don't you want to know how much salt you consumed from that particular shaker over the last week???
i like knowing all my metadata

>kills billions of insects every year
>kills millions of birds every year
>kills bats by popping their lungs
yeah, green energy works.

Uh, that's already on the market and installed in a lot of places in Europe and elsewhere, including bulk warm water storage solutions. For example:
2power.de/en/2power-modul

>more skookum
Right?

Doing god's work, I say.

toasters

cheap plastic garbage that barely work

Attached: asdfdg.jpg (882x882, 63K)

>barely work
The just werk for me.

The technologies that make up its fumdamentals (IEEE 802.15.4 mostly) are sound and incredibly useful. They're stupid amd useless in the home, though.

Works for me. Get a better toaster?

And I wouldn't want metal garbage on the outer case - plastics are better here.

Fingerprint scanners are great. The rest can die.

kills mosquitos
kills birds which are noisy and sometimes shit on my head
kills bats with rabies

sounds right

>clean energy AND gets rid of pests
absolutely based

>toasters
>cheap plastic garbage that barely work
They work. They're just inferior to using an actual oven because you can't butter the bread before crisping it with a toaster. A toaster is only remotely worthwhile if you're living in a dorm or some other place where you wouldnt have access to an oven. And even then a toaster oven would be the better choice.

So did windows on houses (for birds) and so do cars.

It happens less to no more already because natural selection rather quickly adapts animals. These aren't exactly stealthy unpredictable traps, they're very visible.

You could butter it right after toaster. A tiny piece of butter would melt easily anyway.

>not buttering before you toast
>not wanting the melted butter to seep into the bread as it toasts so it takes on a delicious velvety texture
>being such a brainlet and tastebudlet that you toast it dry so it comes out tasting like a burnt brick
>spreading and wasting butter on the burnt brick afterwards
I thought Jow Forums was supposed to be the high IQ board.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teledildonics
way late to that train, buddy

Why on earth would you think that, take a look around

Absolutely fucking based

Internet of Things for things that have no business being monitored or operated remotely.

There is no reason I'd want to start a cnc mill remotely through my smartphone over the internet. Its not safe or practical. yet the function is there and its the #1 marketed feature.

This
RWD / AWD are inherently better systems
Also traverse mounted engines in general

Attached: 1200px-Automotive_diagrams_10_En.png (1200x729, 151K)

a typical toaster is going to fail hard at pre-buttered bread.

If you make all your toast under a broiler than sure maybe, otherwise you're asking for a housefire.

>hurf a durr iot is le dumb
>ITT; retsrds

The manufacturers don't give a fuck if it's dumb or how poorly it's received or implemented. They just want to push it enough that fucking everything has a little 5g iot chip in it so they can harvest your data for sweet profit.

literally everything...the truth is a lot of this shit is pointless, just more trivial shit to do. pencil and paper works just fine for 90% of the bullshit apps that are built

duh because it didnt matter that they were making loss on the machines, the subscription were supposed to bring in cash, its literally nespresso for juice, but people seem to dont want to spend 10$ on a glass of juice

So what? It's not like there' any shortage of those.

>Direct drive vs drive train
It's cheaper and has less moving parts making front wheeled vehicles more durable.

Line in aux to cassette tape converters.

An orange is a better capsule for juice than this.

Attached: 4a478cae25d999659291f288478d2b739f95cb5fb3f26a16ab3504857e875577.jpg (460x360, 50K)

>bees and other insects spreading plants are already dying out in most parts of the world
>several plants including fruits start to vanish
>"at least my nespresso machine is powered by green energy!"
americans are stupid as shit

>he leaves his bread in the toaster for long enough for it to become a burnt brick

It just converts your electrical signals from the aux cord into new patterns on the tape in real time through dark magic and without any external power source so that your casette player can stream the data thats constantly being written and erased from the tape. Its not rocket science.

Things that are incorrect for 1000. I work on wind turbines and none of this is true. We might see one dead bird a month on a huge farm. They dont cause cancer. They dont cause headaches or migraines.

Toasting bread for any period of time that a normal toaster offers, even 30 seconds to 1 minute, leads to terrible burnt brick bread. You additionally will NEVER wind up with toast that tastes anywhere near as delicious as pre-buttered bread used in an oven. It will ALWAYS be peasant retard tier toast unless you can toast the bread while its laying on its side and you can butter it beforehand.

based phoneposter

Why not just build nuclear power plants? Far safer, even when you include actual nuclear attacks.

How are nuclear plants safer than wind turbines?

Because the green retards don't wnt to admit that Throium salt reactors are the most viable sources of energy for the space they take (far far less than retarded solar or wind plants) with the absolutely minimal waste material produced, which can be reused else where as well, like the medical field.

Pretty sure every year there are a lot of fatalities from workers on wind turbines, compared to zero in nuclear power plants.

based and redpilled. toasters are a stupid invention, marketed towards boomers who would just buy anything they saw on tv even if they already had a tool to accomplish that task, and that would accomplish many more(oven) than the tool(toaster) that it was to replace for that specific use, and it doesn't even do it any better than the tool it was mean't to replace

Nuclear power became the new steam engine for the marxists. Thats why they shat all over it in the 70s

>tfw you cook a Poptart in the oven for the first time instead of a toaster and your entire outlook on life changes
Everything they told you as a child was a lie. The toaster is dead. Long live the oven.

Attached: Hisoka_bloodlust.jpg (525x297, 25K)

Thorium is still a meme, no? Without looking it up, I thought there wasn't a viable reactor built yet.

more dangerous than you'd think.
youtube.com/watch?v=MVHzfUWul

this sounds amazing and I haven't been buying poptarts because of a lack of toaster

According to Jow Forums, it would be either circles in gimp or closing vim.

Because they're expensive.

>making toast in the oven
is this the /ck/ equivalent of an archtard?