When you realize you have everything you need

>decent battlestation
>old mac laptop
>2 year old iphone
>acceptable home cinema setup
I just realized I have everything I need tech related for at least 3-5 years down the line.
Sure I want a new monitor or headphones but in reality I really don't need to upgrade.
And for someone that spends too much on tech that realization is amazing.

Do you have everything you need user?

Attached: jesus-smiling.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/global-development/2019/apr/24/rotten-chicken-eggs-e-waste-from-europe-poisons-ghana-food-chain-agbogbloshie-accra
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Now I need to get rid of things. Realizing how much of our society is devoted to the production and acquisition of unnecessary goods is disturbing. But you can’t change the world without first changing yourself.

i have excess. cutting down to just a laptop and a cheap x220 spare laptop in case of break or repair on main. very happy to be content with what i have. focus on self improvement after that point. avoid getting suckered into unnecessary commodities.

Also sad, huge hardware upgrades are fun but expensive, the 90's where great and and shit, sub 5% a year is great for smooth brains I guess.

>tfw no gf

I just did this recently since I became a father last month.
Sold my desktop PC, gave away stuff to my little brother (monitor, ds4, stuff like that). Moved thr Kallax shelves to the living room and removed the bulky desk. Sold the audio interfaces. Now I only have my laptop (X220-T) and my old laser printer (HP P1005, a netgear NAS and the rpi running nextcloud/pihole/openvpn.
Though, I'm thinking about buying a better 24'' IPS monitor may be.
I feel free from the shackles of battlestations and the stupidities of wasting my time playing video games or doing jack shit in front of the computer.

Attached: 154758254751309010.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

what do you do on your computer time now other than use Jow Forums?

Surely your choice sounds reasonable to cut off temptation, but I realized once you do that sort of thing, you just end up replacing your old bad habit with a new one, ie browse Jow Forums or drone out for hours on youtube.

Attached: 1555121084630.jpg (1000x1008, 134K)

haven't bought a computer part in probably a decade.
Been using a x200 as "desktop" with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Smartphone is relatively new, happy with it. Only thing I "need" is a sound setup, that is, turntable, preamp, amp and speakers. After that I'm done.

As a 30 yo, I avoid social media like the plague. Same about YT. Most of the opened tabs I have now are about loonix and its problems because something broke with debian I have on my laptop, again. Parenting websites, news, torrents and the usual Jow Forums lurking and occasional shitposting. When I'm not browsing the net, I start wangblows VM to work on stupidass spreadsheets or tinker with cubase. Now that I stopped wasting hours playing video games (though I miss insurgency) I have more time to read novels, practice this damned guitar and prepare for the fucking CFA exam. And of course more family time.

Attached: 1486820507322.jpg (600x404, 45K)

I'm also addicted to Yahoo! Auctions. These guys have amazing stuff for cheapo. Fuck the shipping fees though.

Attached: IMG_20190313_002604_688.jpg (728x970, 89K)

>2 years old iphone
>thinks he is set for 3-5 years
The absolute state of itoddlers.
Where's a Satania when you need one?

when I lost everything that mattered.

>tfw still using iphone 6
comfy phone

Ur cat looks chill.

I still "need" a decent 3D printer (probably a resin one), that kit that makes a VR headset wireless, and maybe some decent audio setup for my home cinema. But none of those are actually essential, and other than that, I have everything I wanted, which is strange, given that I'm a 24 years old slav.

indeed, 6s was the last non crippled phone

'getting rid' is another issue tho - buy and sell electro junk - end up with piles of crap that are not worth selling, but too good to throw away, or, are just 'interesting' for their own sake. Most needs dumping for sure, but stuff like Pic+Link Related depresses me - poor bastards scavenging over that toxic wasteland to scratch out a living, we cannot be fucking srsly continuing ike this
theguardian.com/global-development/2019/apr/24/rotten-chicken-eggs-e-waste-from-europe-poisons-ghana-food-chain-agbogbloshie-accra

Attached: we_did_this.jpg (693x701, 76K)

>RX 580 and Ryzen 2600 battlestation, 1TB SSD 3TB HDD
>Dell UltraSharp, Philips SHP9500
>X220 8GB RAM, 480GB SSD, IPS screen mod

Too bad I ruin it because I bought a Pixel 2. All I need is a headphone jack phone that will get security updates for more than like 2 fucking years. Almost makes me wish I kept my iPhone 6S because at least apple phones don't drop off the map after new ones come out.

Attached: grillin.jpg (503x500, 55K)

Are the SHP9500 comfy? because I usually hate leather or simili-leather pads that would burn my ears after 15 mins of wearing.
I bought the ATH-M40X and sold them almost immediately because of that.

Attached: 20190424_125949.jpg (824x757, 377K)

It's just niggers, nobody cares.

Bless you OP

What people haven't realized yet is that technology can very much align with the teachings of Christ.

Jesus would have been a software developer were he alive right now, basically someone like Terry Davis only more White.

and to answer your question OP

yeah

I feel like I'm at a point where the available technology can satisfy any need I have.
The only reason you would need to upgrade is to support AR or VR, which will be heavily jewed and satanic anyways so it's best to avoid them.

Bless you user

Your path is one I'm taking as well.
I want to downsize everything, throw away what is old and uneeded, sell or give away what I don't plan on using or want and most importantly, doing away with desktops.
I want to become fully mobile and eventually get to the point maybe where all of my belongings can fit into a backpack.
Then I'll become a nomadic hikikomori cyberpunk.

I want to get on your level.

it all starts with small steps

>mac
>iphone
>need
Yup, you're retarded

nick?

They are comfy and feel like you are wearing not a lot. The downside is they fall of your head if you're looking down a lot. I don't eat at my desk with them on anymore because of this.

They are not unnecessary. We struggle to give jobs to people as is, imagine how little we had if we didn't produce those goods.

It would be much cheaper if we stopped pretending their was an actual scarcity of basic goods and allocated things more efficiently.