JCPenney disables all contactless payments because it isn't just ready to drop MAG-STRIPE support just yet...

>JCPenney disables all contactless payments because it isn't just ready to drop MAG-STRIPE support just yet. It's only 2019 after all
God Bless America

techcrunch.com/2019/04/22/jcpenney-explains-why-it-dropped-apple-pay/

Attached: 1535341550301.jpg (1000x1000, 71K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1530368864644.gif (540x540, 279K)

Holy shit why are Yanks like this lmao

Attached: 929b8017.jpg (226x240, 7K)

Based

You can't expect them to upgrade in such a short amount of time. Chip-based credit cards have been standardized like yesterday.
>(((1993)))

Will be dead within 5 years also
>still shopping at malls

Attached: 3C38E3DA-75BA-40E1-AD37-208A9BA1735D.jpg (636x136, 20K)

you are not dumb today satania poster

Why not using both at the same time and slowly phassing out Mag-stripe?

New guidelines only allow contactless if they disable insecure mag-stripe,
so they had to choose, and they chose 1960s tech

That's still doens't answer my question?
What the technical reason behind that guidelines, i mean other country doing fine with using both at the same time but somehow US can't?
Or is it political reason?

>What the technical reason behind that guidelines,
It's an economical reason. Fraud related to mag-stripes is too costly

>all contactless payments, including Google Pay and regular contactless
>this only effects iToddlers
Glad I'm not a yank, we've had contactless support here for an eternity. Can use my phone to pay for literally anything, as long as they aren't cash only anyway.

>Chip-based credit cards have been standardized like yesterday.

Chip and PIN has been the standard outside of the US for more than a decade now.

In Australia, because we've been using contactless payments for a long fucking time already too, Apple Pay is accepted in 99% of businesses. It Just Fucking Works.

Anyway, bank cards are updated regularly, Im not worried and about it.

JCPenney has good bed sheets though.

JC Penny shoppers are exclusively 50+ year old women who can barely into cell phones, let alone something like apple pay. That's the main reason.

JCPenney's customer base very likely doesn't use contactless at all. The number of people I know who actively use Apple/Samsung Pay/Google Wallet (or whatever dumb fuck name google has decided to shit out this week) is in the minority.

And for example, I can't think of a single fucking gas station that accepts contact less at the pumps.

That's no excuse for using 1960s mag-stripe tech

>trusting someone else's device more than your own
Why not just pay by scanning a QR code using your own phone, confirming the payment and getting a QR code back from your bank that the payment was authorized by you?

You're retarded. Read the literal next line.
>(((1993)))

This is just funny.
generally if i can't pay by contactless - i shop else where.
i have paid in cash for 2 or 3 years now.

Don't worry, they will phase out it eventually

JC penny will be out of business before then. When's the last time you or anyone you know shopped there?

adding to the Aussie land thing...
i've notice that police are very quick to ask cctv of transactions done by paypass that the card holder didn't approve.
often less than a week after the transaction.
i did one yesterday for a total of 24 bucks.
>woolies manager.

i reckon the banks must be on to them real quick.

US is full of low IQ boomers who have say so.

>Falling for the (((cashless))) meme

Retard poojeets can’t read.

ANZ contacted me a few weeks ago alerting me to fraudulent activity on my card they detected, likely a farmed credit card number from an insecure online vendor or something.
The frauds buy shit online, first something tiny, like for $1 or something, to see if the card number works. Then they go buy a bunch of other shit to resell.

ANZ stopped the card instantly, but Apple Pay still worked. They refunded the fraudulent charges and issued a new card.
The new card details were automatically added to my Apple Pay wallet, and I could use it long before the physical card actually arrived.

Fucking technology man.

>get new credit card
>it has one of those "chips" europoors on Jow Forums keep raving about
>go to mcdonalds
>order two mcdoubles, a mcchicken, 20 chicken nuggets, 2 large fries, and a mcflurry
>attempt to slide the chip
>"you have to insert it in the slot underneath, sir"
>the slot takes 30 seconds to find
>60 more seconds for it to "verify"
>beeps when it's done
>go deaf from beeping
>by the time I get to a table, my food is cold and a random shooter has gunned down everyone in the restaurant
>have to tip the shooter
>he only accepts credit cards
>"you have to insert it in the slot underneath, sir"
>get shot because I can't find the slot in time
>now $130k in debt from hospital bills

How the fuck is this better?

Attached: 1532722872912.jpg (600x400, 39K)

dont be american

Our banking technology is great, no surprise that tech is ahead when it makes a fuck ton of money and we have decent competition.
Recently signed up to a Neobank (Up), within 3 minutes of downloading the app I had my account open and the card instantly in Apple Pay and a PayID attached to the account. Transferred some funds instantly and started using it the same day. As for the bank itself, it has a few neat features like tracking your subscriptions, ID for merchants (so you see an icon and the proper name), the ability to message the bank staff through the app rather than waiting on hold for an eternity and the option to open unlimited saving goals and transfer money to them, as well as a loose change features that rounds up every purchase to the nearest dollar and moves it to your selected savings goal. Backed by Bendigo Bank too, which is the only reason I'd trust this bank.

Holy fucking shit, Ameritards. Even in this third world shithole contactless is supported even in small rural stores.

What? In my eastern European shithole even vending machines often accept contact less payments

>Fucking technology man.
where the fuck have you been for the last two decades?

i have no idea what either of those are

Don't they have something like this in China with wechat?

I'm third worlder, I don't know.
Why mag strip is faster than chip or pay pass?
Chip is a meme, while NFC is useful, since you can touch with entire wallet.

I like going to the mall sometimes. I'm a grill btw. :P

You wouldn't worry about that if you moved to Europe. So many places don't even have any type of card machines.
It's cash only many places and it's annoying as fuck!
They try to talk shit to Americans but then I'm here and the entire EU is like they're living in the 90's in terms of convenience of much of their living.

Are you in Albania or some shit?

wtf do you americans not have contactless built into your cards?

Samsung pay and do BOTH nfc and emulate a card swipe with MST.

Applefags BTFO yet again.

Attached: samsungpay-s8.jpg (1600x900, 118K)

>Dying overpriced mall store clings to outdated technology

Attached: 1413150296714-1.jpg (250x255, 11K)

A fucking signature

>mfw apple and phone pay fails at work and the cucks don't have a physical card to pay with

Attached: 1308356494632.jpg (400x275, 24K)

Contactless is for the most cucked of all goyim. But americans are a joke for taking so very long to use chips. Magnetstrip? What is this, the early-mid 90's?

JCPenny is closing hundreds of stores and their revenue has plummeted over the past few years. Like others said no one under 50 goes

They probably straight up can't afford to implement the new system and need to just die already.

Attached: d9ba0fd22219a8d4d77a3af725fa9d22.png (580x371, 35K)

Samsung Pay works with magnetic strip scanners.

can someone explain why anyone would want to pay for shit with a phone? what's the benefit of doing this? it's not hard to take a piece of plastic out of your wallet.

It "works" until it doesn't and then you don't have a way to pay because your card isn't on you. Mostly apple pay fails

Wait, do Americans not have chip and pin yet?

Attached: 1514833342797.png (162x182, 43K)

everyone has chip cards and most places have chip readers (exception: gas stations), but the retailers got rid of the security benefits by demanding that it be chip and signature instead of chip and pin.

We don't do sigs at work anymore.

I got some nice hiking shoes from pennies
That being said it was the only fucking store in the mall, but still.

Chip and pin does little to reduce fraud instead. It's security theater. Just means that cybercriminals are motivated to steal your entire identity and open lines of credit in your name instead of just cloning your credit card now. Wow, that's so much better.

Fuck credit cards in general.

I'm in the middle of bumfuck nowhere missouri and we have chip readers everywhere. The only places that don't have them yet are gas station pumps or private buisnesses that haven't switched yet. Is it still not standardized across the US yet?

>Contactless is for the most cucked of all goyim.
False dichotomy. Not using mag-stripe does not imply contactless.

Okay... but they're using mag-stripe. Why disable contactless if it's more secure.

Also, I've seen the contactless NFC symbol on machines that have magstripe and chip readers. Those machines did all 3.

Attached: 1539200277041.png (450x550, 342K)

Contactless in cards? I didn't have a chip in it until I got my last debit card.

>Can use my phone
Visa paywave?

lol, pic related is how everyone in the UK has been paying for everything for the last 3+ years, if you say "contactless" to a european this is what they think you mean, not phone apps
Before that we've had chip and pin for like 15 years

Attached: Contactless-payment-image-759x500.jpg (759x500, 39K)

>disabling a security fucking nightmare
Good.

Credit cards are insecure, anti-privacy bullshit anyway. If you don't pay cash for everything (money order for bills through the mail), you're a moron.

Those support phone apps now as well. I see a huge number of people paying with their phones for shit like coffee.

>not paying cash
pure botnet

who the fuck shops at jcpenney

whats the point of using a chip anyway? There's no difference in how you use it other than the fact that the chip reader is always fucked and you have to swipe anyway

Jow Forums before a bigco interview

People start to use NFC in Germany. The biggest banks have implemented it. Mostly popular by males age 25-45. They put the card at the very top then hold their wallet against the reader. Paying by phone is extremely unpopular in Germany because pay by phone (mobile service provider collects they payment through your monthly bill) was used in a lot of scams in the last 20 years.

>credit card
Yikes and botnetpilled.

I work retail. We've gotten maybe 3 people in the last two years who've used contactless. Hell, corporate won't even give us a chip reader, which I'd kill for. A lot of people in my area use cheaply made debit cards from local banks which lose their stripes really quickly.

He is talking about using your phone as a data transmitter, like pic related.

Attached: 1525355403260.jpg (800x450, 65K)

>the chip reader is always fucked and you have to swipe anyway
I've never swiped a credit card since the late 1990s in Europe, or even seen anyone else do it

My mom and my sister and every other boomer and millennial in my family still shop at JC Penny regularly.

>That's no excuse for using 1960s mag-stripe tech
You clearly don't understand the 50+ year old American mind set.

Barely seen anyone do it here. Only 3 or 4 big banks implemented Apple/Google Pay and most try with their own apps, so people are wary I guess.

I'm Greek and our cards work three days:
1) Contactless with no pin for 25€ or less
2) Contactless with pin for 25€ or more
2) You put it in the slot and it always asks for pin

Dumb cashiers aren't aware of the second option, they think contactless is only for cheap purchases without pin. There is no reason to ever put your card in a slot anymore. And we never swipe them, it's not a thing that exists.

Attached: 1488231840023.jpg (600x513, 55K)

Adopting all these new technologies costs money which hurts a business's bottom line. In a true free market we would be trading using gold nuggets.

>Adopting all these new technologies costs money
The other way around. It takes less time for a customer to pay so cashier throughput is higher.

> In a true free market we would be trading using gold nuggets.
No chance. Imagine how hard it would be to check that money (is it really gold or only 95% or less gold?) or pay back partial amounts.

>In a true free market we would be trading using gold nuggets.
That's not how this works. We have currency as a representation of value to simplify trade. It can be anything from stone rings to gold nuggers to bitcoin. So long as people agree that something has value, it can be used as currency. Even acts like sex can be used as currency in certain situations.

Attached: AnCap.png (800x734, 481K)

pay debt

>be greek
>use credit card because no money
>wonder why debt
PAY DEBT

Attached: 1554103243359.jpg (370x400, 17K)

Why are Murrifats such Luddites and can't adopt something the rest of the world already been using for 10+ years?

My Canadian card will allow only tap/chip OR magstrip but you decide through your bank here.

By default it's chip+tap
Used to be only chip when tap was new

Blame US for still using dial-up for payments, not the chip technology itself.

Because they have to pay a cut to apple on top of the cut to the CC on top of the cut to their payment provider.

Jesus fucking christ man, paying by PIN was introduced in my country (Holland) in the fucking 70's, magnetic payment was forbidden ages ago.....
99% of companies have contactless pay already for a few years.

>they have to pay a cut to apple
Contactless isn‘t just phones. Literally all my cards work like picrelated nowadays.

Attached: E55F5D9E-BBE1-470D-BB7B-6C7414F4455A.jpg (1300x844, 91K)

is it true that eurofats don't have cash back credit cards

Of course, and they pay whomever provides the service. Vendors always pay a percent of the transaction to the CC company. The fee varies depending on the card also, charge cards and premium cards usually have higher transaction fees than regular cards, which is why many places don’t take AMEX. Apple Pay is just an additional fee on top of everything, and it makes no sense to accept it if your margins are already too tight.

>mag stripe
>I'd rather compromise my security than type in a four digit PIN

Attached: Americans.jpg (384x395, 24K)

You mean good goy points cards?

>IF YOU SPEND MORE YOU GET MORE MONEY BACK

Attached: 1554588312476.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Based and tinhatpilled. Digital payments of ANY sort are for mindless consumer drones.

Mindless consumer drone. Learn from your own stupidity and start carrying cash already.

user, once again, you don‘t need Apple Pay to use contactless. New credit cards come with an NFC chip in them. The fees stay the same. Nothing changes except for the way a customer physically interacts with terminal, ie instead of swiping or inserting the card you hold it near the reader.

Attached: 53F05EF1-ED00-456F-A38B-F814DEFB91DB.jpg (1300x968, 142K)

There are some, but pure cashback is rare. It‘s mostly bonus points allsorts or discount for certain type of things like petrol.

KEK :^)

If one spends all their money with apple card, do they get infinite money back? If not, why not? ;^)

Samsung wins again baby

Attached: .jpg (1600x1200, 385K)

Something does change: it costs more. Merchants charge higher rates for tap capability on their PoS machines. You also need to pay to upgrade your existing machines if they don’t support it. A bunch of costs which don’t make sense if a lot of your clientele doesn’t use tap.

>Barely seen anyone do it here. Only 3 or 4 big banks implemented Apple/Google Pay and most try with their own apps, so people are wary I guess.
Works great with Commerzbank.
Olly Reisen I don't use it is because I can't use my Girocard and don't want to pay with actual "credit" card.

>mfw greek
>mfw america calls us poor
>mfw we arent actually living in slums in the streets
>mfw we have contactless payments for at least a year now and actual money to use it
>mfw i have no face