How are GPUs not being massively bottlenecked right now?

how are GPUs not being massively bottlenecked right now?

Attached: 123.jpg (1076x1064, 186K)

Because you don't understand how they work

you don't either faggot

Why would they be bottlenecked?

cpus have improved at a much slower pace than gpus for the past few years

Why do you have to be homophobic?

cuz they degenerate

cpus are more than fast enough to send the gpu vertex data and stuff. the heavy computations take place on the gpu.

Most people play at only 60fps, which means CPUs are fine if they can request for frames every 16.7ms
It's only a problem when you get into high framerates 100hz+

Mongoloid OP. The computational cost of graphics operations have increased in number and complexity in the last 20 years at a staggering rate.
GPUs also have scaled much more due them performing almost exclusively parallel tasks, of which is easier to scale for than raw speed of single operations (though that has also increased monumentally).

Because everytime there's a new and faster CPU releases unlocks newfound performance of the GPU, retard.

because fuck faggies

Attached: E4532025-602A-4E61-9861-9C9BE0E50663.png (1151x734, 467K)

Graphics advanced faster than physics and AI.

lol wat a fag

Because that CPU benchmark is antisemitic and doesn't properly reflect how powerful the 9700K is.

>muh bottleneck
Can this meme finally die?

They invented things such as 4k to keep the GPUs working well.
But this sauce is running out of juice so they're coming with Raytrace.

>i7 9700k, consumer platform
>i7 970, HEDT platform at much higher cost

Hmmmmmm good comparison.

the more accurate comparison would be the i7 960 vs the 9700k

Also, games are utliizing GPUs for more and more, so it makes sense, especially with new APIs that allow more efficient CPU use, that CPUs in general don't need to scale as much for gaming.

Attached: 2019-04-24 16_46_23.png (1126x1289, 272K)

Modern CPUs are faster on a architectural level
Gpus are more multitask friendly and basically have had their own version of ht since 2010 called async compute
Sadly the GHz wars are over and the core wars are just about over so where do we go from here? Bigger devices until we see better tech come along.
Phones laptops and pcs are ballooning in size to keep up with Moores law crashing into the ceiling of what nm silicone can do.
We are still stuck on 5ghz CPUs and 2ghz gpus ffs
This.
Although 2700x + 2080ti doesn't bottleneck shit at 100fps+ 4k

newfag much?

>2700x + 2080ti doesn't bottleneck shit at 100fps+ 4k

I mean, it certainly does at 1440p 144hz, or 1080p 240hz.

Current Ryzen just isn't capable of consistent high FPS gaming, it has much larger dips in performance that can be seen as stutter. Also generally worse frame times than intel, though it's all gonna depend exactly what games you're playing.

9700k/9900k + 2080Ti is the obvious choice for 1440p 144hz and 4k 100hz+

It was never a meme. Well, if you bought a meme CPU from AMD it is.

do you love getting peepee in your poopoo?

I find dx12 and vulkan in some games stutters like Fuck then when I got back to dx11/ogl runs smooth as butter and higher fps
As ive said most vulkan and dx12 implementations are broken.
Sniper elite 4 and gears of war 4 have excellent implementations of both respectively.
Only game that runs like complete ass is shit that's cpu/gpu bottlenecked by dogshit optimisation
Literally only 2 games I've encountered so far have done this.
Oddessy and hitman 2
Rest stutter because my hdd is old as fuck
Games on the ssd don't stutter and siege is 100fps+ I saw it as high as 200+ and had to cap it too 100hz because my freesync was freaking out and the menus where broken at 600+
Apis are the issue no hardware.
If a game runs like shit on 3000aud+ hardware it's the games fault not the api or hardware desu.
T. Pc gamer for over 20 years I've seen this happen before with mantle glide and other low level apis

Bottlenecking exists but the term is used as a bastardization to describe any type of CPU upgrade as "unlocking muh true potentialz". A classic example of a CPU/GPU bottleneck is if you upgrade your video card to one that is an order of magnitude faster while keeping you CPU the same and getting the exact same FPS regardless of what you set you resolution/detail level to.

If I was a GPU maker I would have shifted a huge part of R&D to making gaming friendly low profile cards that needed only the power from the slot or a sata power adapter at best. Dont get me wrong the 1050 TI is pretty sweet, but they honestly could have better options out there. Instead they push these full length newer cards with very little improvements that are just as big as before.

It seems like you're bending the definition to fit your narrative based on whether or not a bottleneck affects you personally or not. Your post is going directly in the trash.

maybe the stutter is from your PooZen CPU, not the API.

being you don't understand the meaning of a bottleneck

not a meme stupid kike,

just got a R7 and it was bottlenecked with my i74903k @ 4k. Had to overclock it by 1 GHz to unbottleneck it.

because game software is written to run on the cpus we do have, and shitty console ones at that.

I wunna get a freesync 2 4k hdr 244hz panel to test but by then Zen 2 will be well are truely out.
And so what it stutters way less than the it 4690 it replaced and the same as a mates 7700k at the time
Stop spouting shit mate
Some games just stutter.
Most so because of hdds.
As ice said the games I have on ssds don't especially the m.2 drive

Explains why Zen scales better than its should and the sweet spot is 8t 16c
I have the inverse problem my 2080ti is bottlenecked by my screen (100hz 4k I turn settings down) and then my CPU and higher fps

in what kind of workload? frame logic and generating commands for the gpu isn't hard