PS/2 VS USB

Which is better? Let the fight begin.

Attached: usbps2.jpg (200x193, 6K)

USB, obviously

USB because USB keyboards and mices are easier to find.

ps/2 because i'm a boomer

Attached: TZAu6AO.png (908x444, 80K)

USB, you can use it for a shitload of things. PS/2 has a very specific use case.

ask yourself, what would terry choose?

This but unironically.

USB over PS/2.

A pills.

I use ps2 keyboard USB trackball y'all

wow you're very special

>PS/2
Actually universal

>USB
Not universal

the one with rails

I'm the opposite.

Depends on your use case. USB is fine most of the time. Though there are certain applications which require PS/2 to work right, such as MAME, which on my desktop won't take keyboard input from my USB keyboard (USB works fine on my laptop). My desktop will take PS/2 input though, since it's using CPU interrupts which can't be controlled by OS level applications. Pic related is IRIX 6.2 in MAME.

PS/2 is common but not universal. I have old and new machines that don't take PS/2.

Attached: MAMEDESK.png (1280x1024, 375K)

USB because it allows hot swapping / hot plugging. With PS/2 you have to turn the computer off and on every time you want to plug in a mouse/keyboard. Trip on a cord and unplugged the keyboard? Gotta restart.

The fuck kind of ancient OS/computer are you using that you can't hotswap PS/2? Fuck.

Good one

Maybe in 1992

This. Most machines made in the last decade allow you to hot plug PS/2 keyboards and mice. It's only certain machines with really delicate implementations that can get damaged by this, like some 90s Unix workstations or old IBM shit.

Opposition is futile
More liek special Ed amirite

>his computer needs a keyboard to boot

Attached: memefagslaughing.png (600x536, 301K)

There's only one wrong way to insert USB, and it won't bend the pins.

Thanks doc

I can't argue with this logic.

PS/2 allows more keystrokes at once.

PS/2 is objectively better.

Based

Wrong.

Attached: j97sl6qPwtYKLkK9j-ylXG8LIQvzSgTK4vY7QRKl0C4.png (480x480, 198K)

I look at it with my eyes and figure it out so I get it right every time.

Yesterday before I went to sleep I had one of my machines RAM run full. Firefox can't into web radio players, appararantly, the whole stream seems to get cached in RAM and is not being released.

Anyways... the moment the music from the stream started becoming choppy, I started moving an USB mouse connected to that workstation. However, the cursor was laggy as hell, I couldn't really close FF and only a hard reset could bring back things to normal. So now I'm wondering: What if a PS/2 mouse would still have reacted to my user input? Would that be the case?

I'll never know, because why would I believe you.

Attached: heres your plastic, bro.jpg (600x400, 34K)

fuck you all, best coming thru

Attached: DSC00288.jpg (2592x1944, 1.21M)