youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU that can handle more of a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: bgHome1903x875NNN.jpg (1600x736, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/amd-processor-intel-spoiler-vulnerability,38841.html
youtu.be/ng8Wa_jwwx8
youtube.com/watch?v=rLIiD75kCus
pcpartpicker.com/list/mgxtZR
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563747-REG/Sharp_LC_32SB24U_LC_32SB24U_32_720p.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/qDYwWD
pcpartpicker.com/list/vRQBCb
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/QTr7TW
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=3C6-008M-00007
pcpartpicker.com/list/dL6m9J
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: amdischeapshit.jpg (845x718, 166K)

>a product you can rely on for new security vulnerabilities every month
lol

dead meme

>tomshardware.com/news/amd-processor-intel-spoiler-vulnerability,38841.html
>AMD Confirms Its Processors Aren't Impacted by Spoiler Vulnerability

Attached: question mark question mark.jpg (720x687, 67K)

For gaming at 1440p/60+ and Blender rendering:

Ryzen 5 2600X - €220
Sapphire Pulse Radeon Vega 56 - €325
MSI B450 Tomahawk - €115
2x8GB Kingston HyperX Predator 3000Mhz - €120
Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 256GB - €85
Seagate Barracuda 256Mb 7200RPM 2TB - €70
500W NOX 80+ Bronze PSU - €50

In total this is about €985. Is this based and redpilled or does it need changing? Should I go with air cooling or water cooling; and which cooler is a good compromise between quality and cost?

Also, at the store I'm planning on getting these parts from, they have the i5-9600k for an extra €50. Does the difference in quality from the 2600X make up for it? Also, if I do switch to the i5, is it better to pair it with an NVidia card (say RTX 2060) or can I keep the Vega 56 since it's cheaper and the performance is the same?

pretty maximum value build there except for the NVMeme.
Does Blender really benefit from faster synthetic read/write speeds? Have a source on how?

Forget the HDD and get a QLC drive like the QVO or Micron 2Tb. They're close to $200 for something that's faster, smaller, and quieter.

>they have the i5-9600k for an extra €50. Does the difference in quality from the 2600X make up for it
AMD CPUs are better quality. The better quality CPU isn't the one with more core hardware security vulnerabilities. They also have better solder, easier to cool, etc.
The 2600X isn't going to be holding back the graphics card at 1440p, not even close, so there's no point in spending more money even if it was pure gaming. Whereas the 2600X is better in Blender, isn't it?

that means i am gonna get spoilers on my Intel CPU? but i don't to know how Avengers End Game ends!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

have a feeling it's on the low-end for 1440p. if blender likes cores and threads you should really bump it up to a ryzen 7. and i think at least a vega 64 will be needed aswell, and get a decent one like sapphire or something so you can undervolt and OC without issues.
and that ram better be CL14 at least with that price cus you can get 3200 CL16 for less.
>i5
yeah that will deffo choke to death on 1440p.
and remember going intel means you spend more on the mobo aswell, and for your gaming wants ull have to bump up the CPU aswell which is also more than ryzen7

What to look for in a motherboard? Do I pick a monitor first?

Thanos dies

what the fuck does monitor have to do with motherboards?

also see for amd mobos. i dont have intel version.

YES AND ALSO NOOOOOO!!!!!

Found a local deal for 2700X. Any creative things I can use my 2600 for (besides selling for $80 on ebay)?

Even a 9400f is better than the 2600x
And that's with a water cooler on the ryzen and stock cooler on the i5 and 3400 cl14 ram which gives about 10% more perf than 3000 cl15 ram on ryzen.

9600k will btfo it even more

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15-18-52-08-974_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 856K)

Blender rendering is usually done on the GPU.
And Vega is good in Blender.
Unless I'm missing something. Feel free to correct me with a benchmarks source that shows how much CPU matters in Blender. I think it'd only matter for the complexity of scenes you can handle in previews and wouldn't really affect rendering itself.

If you want to render on CPU, you need a 2990WX to do it at a reasonable speed afaik. GPUs might be less accurate, but they can hammer with tons more samples to build up accuracy.

Do you even need an upgrade or do you just feel like spending money?

>With a 2080Ti
>not pairing AMD GPU with AMD CPU
yikes
>they're the same in games, but 2600X is better in everything else and more efficient
I don't know why you keep BTFOing yourself by posting this. I'm going to start posting it myself, too, to show how much better AMD is.

144 or 240hz? I will be coming from a 75hz TN monitor.

>Blender rendering is usually done on the GPU.
>And Vega is good in Blender.
>Feel free to correct me
i have no idea, but if it's true then vega64 should really be worth it if they're not super expensive.
it will also help a ton to get decent frames on 1440p.

>no frametimes
>no 0.1% minimums
enjoy your stutter

144hz unless the price difference isnt huge. you wont get anywhere near 240 fps on anything except toaster esport games anyway and it still wont matter unless you're a pro

I bought my CM Silent Pro m600 600w bronze PSU all the way back in February 2010.
Great PSU, jonnyguru liked it, 9/10
The PSU has gone through two builds.
I've been seeing some really power hungry video cards pop up used/refurb/open box lately for a great price like the Vega 64 and 1080 and have been considering one
I'm pretty much just running basic stuff like 2 SSD's, KBM, 3570k, 2x4gb ram modules, display and not much else
Do you think my ancient PSU could handle these cards?
Should I be worried about the PSU being so old?

>2700x
>10% overall difference in games vs 9700k
>$300

>9700k
>10% overall advantage over 2700x in games
>$410

Its not that I have a problem with Intels cpu, hell I own a 2600k still, but the premium you pay for Intel just doesn't justify the preformance gain and the price hikes are just getting worse.

totally fine unless you get a threadripper or an i9 and OC.

im on a 2500k and agree completely

>not pairing AMD GPU with AMD CPU
This doesn't change anything
>I'm going to start posting it myself, too, to show how much better AMD is.
If you want to trick people by ignoring the context of the benchmark ($100 more expensive oc'ed ryzen build vs stock 9400f build) sure
youtu.be/ng8Wa_jwwx8
Enjoy getting btfo

so i was thinking to build a budget system for about 200 euros and i was thinking to use and i5 2500,8gb ram and a rx460. do you have any other suggestions?

If you are really heavily into Blender usage and use it professionally, Vega 64 Nitro+ I saw for 410 euro and is well worth it for professional use.
user could use the savings on CPU to put towards that.

600W is still enough for Vega 64, especially if you undervolt, and EASILY enough for the 1080.

That's not even including the board cost.
Intel boards are on average about 40% more expensive for the same given quality.
Look at the B450 Gaming Plus and Z390 Gaming Plus. They are virtually the same board, both 4+1 phase, same layout and features all around. The Intel board is $140 and the AMD one is $95.
And since "k" Intel CPUs are far more power hungry, that board isn't actually good enough for the "95W TDP" Intel CPUs so really you end up spending $170 minimum vs $70-$115 on a Ryzen board.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLIiD75kCus this one shows the 2600 as better. And that's just with basic 3200CL16 RAM, not 3400.
Someone also posted something a while back showing that R5 tends to be better than the i5 when GPU bottlenecked. No one is unironically using a 2080Ti in 1080p like that benchmarks are.
The fact is, the 2600X isn't going to bottleneck that user's GPU. Not even close. He could upgrade later to a Radeon VII, 2080, or whatever the $400 Navi chip is next year and still surely be fine.

Your arguing is just making yourself look like the idiot that you are.

You can find i7-4770 workstations used for $150.
i5 2500 is just too weak and a stutterfest now days. Don't do it.

save up more money and dont buy a fucking 2500 cus i have the K model OC'd to 4.5 and it's already choking and i have a better GPU than you aswell

have fun buying a locked cpu with locked mobo that you cant just buy a new CPU for when it starts choking and you're forced to upgrade everything and spend more money in the long run

What time of the year do GPUs typically get discounted? Christmas?

cybermonday/halloween/blackfriday

pls sir do the need full and delete this tweet

>4.2 on a 2600
Literally impossible unless you bought it in 2018. New ones have worse binning.
>The fact is, the 2600X isn't going to bottleneck that user's GPU. Not even close.
Never said it would but 9400f is simply better for gaymen
Still beats oc'ed poozen so who cares if it's locked. It even boosts as much a ryzen can oc with the stock cooler
>locked mobo
Most people upgrade after 3-5 years so that's irrelevant

When will intelfaggots understand that this is an AMD board now? Fuck off to pcmr if you want to discuss your overpriced, power sucking kike silicon.

Based X58 and 2500/2600k users exempt, naturally.

Yeah but them stutters tho

I wouldn't mind spending an extra 100 and get the Vega 64. The one available at the website I'm looking at is "Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HDMI / DUAL DP (UEFI) Full" for €420. Would the performance be that much better?

Those are some hot girls.
Kinda like AMD's processors.

Attached: car.jpg (10000x6264, 3.87M)

Should I be concerned if some of the holes in my motherboard aren't screwed in?

I had to disassemble my PC 8 months back, then re-assemble, but when I was screwing the motherboard back in, I was noticing some pretty nasty flexing on the bottom right and bottom left, so I just left those holes unscrewed. So far no problem whatsoever, but is this something I should address?

TOASTY
O
A
S
T
Y

It's funny how many of us Ryzen buyers are salty i5 buyers.
Then you have the shills who think a PC is SUPPOSED to stutter, freeze, and lock up so they continue to shill i5s.

2500 users aren't exempt.
X58 and 4c/8t pre-Skylake are fine, though.

>Most people upgrade after 3-5 years so that's irrelevant
Only because of Intel cucking people into making upgrades more expensive since they require new boards.
Back in the 00's I used to plan to upgrade every 18-24 months
EIGHTEEN MONTHS
Because every 18 months performance was basically doubling and they were getting more efficient as well.
I went through 3 different CPUs on the same AMD board over a 3.5 year period and I was happy to drop that in in just 10 minutes of work and enjoy a big performance increase.

I do not wish to be a cuck like you, sorry.

Cry some more AMD fanboy.

8600k here, no problems whatsoever.

>buy locked i5
>have to upgrade in 3 years
>oh shit nigger bought a shit tier mobo to save money so i could get that intel taxed cpu
>cant buy anything decent because shit vrm mobo
>intel decided to fuck old chipset and force u to buy new mobo for new cpu
>have to upgrade whole system

meanwhile on amd
>can get better cpu because mobos arent overpriced as fuck
>can OC without paying more
>in 3 years can choose one of 3+ generations of available chips
>can stay relevant another 3 years and dont have to replace whole system cus of jew tax

like i said, you spend more in the long run with intel and you get locked down and cucked.

>It's funny how many of us Ryzen buyers are salty i5 buyers.
indeed. not to mention all the fucking anti-competitive bullshit bribes intel did, and that fucking paid fake rigged benchmark stunt they pulled after ryzen release to "prove" they were still the "best" even tho they didnt need to because everyone already knew they still were in the lead on IPC....

im glad AMD finally catched up and forced intel to finally give us more cores, but then they went ahead and removed threads on i7 cus FUCKING LMAO kikes gonna kike

IMAGINE

>8600k

OH NO NO NO NO NO

This might be one of the more honest posts in /pcbg/ and I completely agree.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/mgxtZR
I'm trying for around $1200 for a PC to play games on, but I have little confidence in my build. Is it ok?

bro CPUs are peaking it's a good time to pick a side and sit on it for 6 years minimum

>OH NO NO NO NO NO
Yep, emulating Cemu like you'll never be able to.

Attached: 1500028431927.jpg (910x1015, 218K)

In blender, yes, look at benchmarks.
That's the best Vega 64 model and a great price for anyone using it for actual work. Vega 64 BTFOs everything except the Radeon VII and a few of the $4000+ Quadro cards in Blender.

It ultimately depends on how many hours per week you use Blender, how many hours of rendering, etc. Vega 56 is also very good, but Vega 64 is something like +25% better in Blender than the 56 so it's rather worth the price difference.

No. 4-5 screws or so is fine.

Yeah, I'd probably be happily sitting here with a 4790k or 5775C (outside of the security patch shenanigans which only affect AMD not even 1% as much) if Intel had let me upgrade to a 4790k with my same expensive 2500k board. Instead I waited for Zen and I'll never go back to Intel unless something drastically different happens.

I am open to an Intel GPU, though.

Cemu emulation gets 60fps fine on a 2700X. lol. Some regurgitating 2 year old memes. Cemu has a multithreaded mode now.

Attached: vega64 blender.png (664x800, 22K)

zen 2 q3 2k19 get hype those figures will be dated, anticipate next gen and camp on it.
I think GPUs will continue to have generational improvements for a while now, but really we're looking forwards to real time raytracing and other engine improvements as the next thing to ogle fellow basedboys

got a nice monitor to go with that? would be kind of a waste on a 60hz screen

then im picking AMD because i get more cores and threads for the same price and they're almost the same in IPC, plus just having more options down the road is a bonus too

You have to go back
>admits to buying a new cpu every year
Thanks for proving you are a retard.
>he thinks am4 will hold for 3 years
Keep dreaming drone

Attached: kek.jpg (379x441, 17K)

>When will intelfaggots understand that this is an AMD board now?
Unironically, Jow Forums is incredibly pro AMD since it's pro Linux and those go hand in hand.
/pcbg/ is the intel shill's last bastion.

Attached: mjh21gjjp8t21.jpg (625x351, 26K)

You can't run memory faster than 2666MHz on intel processors without a z370 board

Are there any neat projects I can take on from buying one of these? $250 is a big investment when I don't know what any of this shit does. Does it let you buy some chink leds from aliexpress and plug them into your motherboard?

Attached: file.png (1305x209, 76K)

B350 or B450 motherboard? My friend is giving me his 1700x and 32gb ram for free. I want to upgrade to ryzen 2.

>spending that much on a cooler when cpu and mobo is locked
>last generation cpu
at least the PSU is good

>he thinks am4 will hold for 3 years
it will have next year just like amd promised, but that's not really the fucking point you dumb cunt, it's that AMD has had several years longer compatability than intel ever has, it's not about the fucking lifespan from this moment.

B450 unless you can get a really cheap B350 used with decent VRM

Get one of the MSI B450 boards. They were a big improvement over B350. Especially the Tomahawk and Mortar. ASUS also recently improved their TUF board. I think it's the TUF gaming or something with better VRMs. Not sure if it supports BCLK OC or no, though.
Only decent B350 board was the Strix IIRC.

For what reason? B450 Tomahawk/Mortar or the update TUF pretty much has/does anything 99% of people would want/need.

>bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563747-REG/Sharp_LC_32SB24U_LC_32SB24U_32_720p.html
Currently using an older monitor, but I'll get a better one soon. First, I have to get something to replace my old laptop which I primarily used, but I'm open to suggestions for my current one if I were to save this build for later.

user what's the point of being a fanboy for a company that time and time again has shown its greedy as fuck, anti-consumer, anti-competition, and if was in the lead again would do the same evil shit they have done before?

When do we purge the gamer scum from the board, brother?

>It ultimately depends on how many hours per week you use Blender
My college degree is based around Blender and video/image editing software, so I need something that smashes render times so it's not a constant stress on whether it will be done in time

no one cares

Idgaf about isreal and their desert adventure, im talking all the other shit they have done.

Attached: 1547405897008.png (1712x284, 24K)

what brand for non-shit PSU?

So... Anyone wanna take a break from shilling processor brands and discuss laptops?

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

>Even a 9400f is better than the 2600x
>3 frames better in gaming
>significantly worse at everything else

Attached: 1556136858754.gif (397x223, 3.03M)

Seems clear then.

>discuss laptops
They're shit.
Discussion over.

Seasonic.

Get monitor at the same time. Don't put it off.
Monitor should be factored into your budget.

Intel is the housefire meta right now.

BEING SO FAT

Thanks for going to reddit screencaping this and bringing it Jow Forums, time to go back now

pcpartpicker.com/list/qDYwWD
looking for monitor suggestions, mainly. other advice appreciated.

what are they supposed to be conveying in that image? Are they supposedly inside of the processor? Are the catgirls supposed to be the tiny electric jews that make electricity happen like how Jow Forums told me?

2950X is on sale on Amazon for only a little bit more than the 9900k. $650ish.

MSI Optix 144hz freesync VA if you don't mind curved. If you do mind curved, I have no idea. 1080p 144hz options are really limited.
And get a 550W PSU. Wasting like $40 there.
$400 is a lot for a 2060, too.
Sycthe Mugen 5 is a better cooler for the same price.
MX500 is same performance SSD for cheaper.

it's just cosplay so your gf can dress up as AMD products so you can fuck AMD products if you had a gf.

can she dress up as an Intel processor instead, I have a fetish for being voyeured on

aren't they cosplaying those amd mascot girls

>1 additional EPS connector is needed
gee thanks pcpartpicker, how about you tell me what parts are using how many of these connectors so I know which one I need to BTFO?

>They're shit.
So do you lug your desktop around when traveling? Or do you use a tablet? Sounds like a pain

DEAD
ON
ARRIVAL
1650 waitshills btfo as expected despite specs and price being known for weeks.
They used a 90W non-reference card with a 6pin and it's still garbage lol. The PCIe power only ones are even worse.
They also noted it is perceptively very stuttery, as the low minimums suggest, in some games. 4Gb of VRAM just isn't enough for a GPU at that performance potential.
They also used THE SHITTIEST RX570. You can get an OC XFX model for $140 which is another 5%+ faster.

GN recommends even a 590 more than they recommend this lmao.

People will buy them in droves just like they did the 960 and 1050ti, though, even though it made more sense to just buy a new PSU and better GPU than to overpay for a PCIe only shit card.
This should be a $100-$120 card, not $150.

Anyone who believed this card would beat the 570 is retarded and doesn't have the most basic of GPU hardware knowledge.

HTPC.
Only time I can think a laptop matters is at the park or airport.
Anyway, I'd wait for 7nm CPU+GPU before getting a laptop, unironically. Zen2+Navi should be sick for laptops.

Attached: chrome_2019-04-24_21-00-51.jpg (2759x1651, 423K)

You better delete this, you fucking poor ass nigger. Stop projecting your financial insecurities.

>rx 580 used ~$90
>gtx 1660 new $220
>gtx 1070 used $220
>rx 2060 refurb $310
>vega 56 refurb $240
Which one of these do you think is the best deal?
To me it seems the vega 56 is the winner.
>vega 56=2060/1070 ti level performance for substantially less in used/refurb/open box or otherwise second hand market
For that matter the vega 64 refurb at $300 seems like another clear bargain compared to the rest. AMD's second hand market poops on the competition.

>vega 56=2060/1070 ti level performance
kek

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 52K)

You're going to be playing the lottery with any vega card. Undervolting is a must and stay the fuck away from blower units.

pcpartpicker.com/list/vRQBCb
seriously, what is that 1 stray connector it's yelling about? case lights???

seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Attached: 1554685936811.png (1248x932, 90K)

Can you even classify the 2950x as a gaymen cpu?

>Anyway, I'd wait for 7nm CPU+GPU
Haven't been keeping up with the news lately, when will that be?
I just sold my desktop and need to get a laptop by June because I'm going traveling. Currently have a shitty surface pro(the one from 2017 without a number) and it sucks ass.

thoughts on this build?
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/QTr7TW

my PC is dying rapidly, i believe it's my graphics card but it's time for an upgrade anyways so I figured i'd get anything that needs to be replaced and keep the existing stuff (parts that say purchased) because i'm trying to keep it on a budget.

i'm not sure i need a i7, i'm going to be using the pc for some gaming, ie the new metro game and some other somewhat older games, as well as blender rendering, photoshop, adobe premiere. all of this on a 1440p monitor, but i may consider upgrading to 4K in the future (not for gaming, just video editing and ps). my other cpu ideas were i5 9600k or even ryzen 5 but ive never had amd before.

also instead of the 2060 im also considering picking up a 1070ti used on ebay, they come out a bit cheaper and have more vram but i'm worried about buying used.

i would also be interested in grabbing a new case so i could do watercooling as well, but i want to just buy the essentials right now and save the extras for later in the year when the sales come around. the lag in everyday tasks is just getting unbearable and i want to get back to work / gaming smoothly.

but it's been a while since ive even looked at parts or anything, so i just want some feedback or preferred parts so that i can buy this thing and get rolling again. thanks

Attached: 10c.jpg (599x393, 49K)

What do you guys think would be the minimum CPU that wouldn't bottleneck a GTX 1660/RX 580 to reach 1080p60?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=3C6-008M-00007

Nearest competitor is a 144hz Acer for $10 less.

>Pajeetpowerup
>entire benchmark suite is full of gameworks

Get a z370 board

Fake news!

vega 56 refurb is the best deal if it still comes with warranty. By far. It's like 15% better than a 1070 if it's an AIB card for only $20 more.
Please share where you found that.
If it's a blower, not so much, then the rx580 used is the better deal.

>the retard is still spamming reference blower benchmarks which are 10% slower than the cards you can actually buy.
No one buys your bullshit. Why do you keep spamming?

Well desktop parts are coming out in H2 of this year.
Laptops using them will take a few months.

Depends on the game.

>$1000 not including monitor and drives for a 1080p build
>H370 board with 8700k lol...
>trying to cool a molten IHS with a 212 evo

Attached: i_view32_2019-04-24_21-28-46.png (1820x699, 524K)

>stay the fuck away from blower units
I'm assuming this is due to the noise?
Seems like a custom fan curve would take care of that issue.

>the retard is still spamming cherry picked amd sponsored games

ok, I guess the mobo was weird and wanted another connector for some reason
pcpartpicker.com/list/dL6m9J
tell me why it's shit /pcbg/

Is Tom's biased towards AMD? They have the vega 56 neck and neck with the 1070 ti and rtx 2060, see

>I'm assuming this is due to the noise?
yes
>Seems like a custom fan curve would take care of that issue.
no, then it'll be even more of a space-heater and wont clock as high.

as opposed to the gimpworks novidya sponsored games? at least AMD doesnt gimp the competition on purpose like nvidia got caught doing

Is 750W too much if I plan to build my PC for 1440p/144hz??