PDAs

Why did they stop being made?
Smartphones are way worse.

Attached: palmpilot.jpg (600x398, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTzO-_Yl4d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I gave support to a insurance company that used Palmtops. It had a printer that you connect the palmtop on it. Never seen anything like this for cellphones.

Used to spend all my money as a kid buying a new PDA every year. I've been trying to rebuild my collection by buying from ebay but some models are outrageously expensive. I wish phones still had buttons.

Attached: 2019-04-24 19.24.11.jpg (2186x1030, 890K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: [email protected] (2048x1365, 209K)

Palms were too comfy and did not advance with their counter parts. Basically they got greedy and it all came crashing down.
Items that could have saved them:
>Physical keys like blackberry
>Wifi/file transfer ability without PC
>Phone but with speaker ability like conference phone
>Open app development
There is more but they got crushed by smart phones.

Palm smartphones had those things. What they didn't have were capacitive screens.

Attached: a20791d134f320da164d76_m__03733.1404794043.jpg (300x300, 20K)

how you go from 99% market share to 1% market share is beyond me

Attached: 1530896001156.jpg (628x628, 83K)

Him dying, of aids no less, is the best thing to happen to humanity in well over twenty years.

What is wireless printing?

If he was still behind apple other phone companies would have never made the short gamble on foldable phones.

We needed jobs to keep other companies pushing to be better. Now you just need to smell less like cum than the next guy to beat apple.

>pic related: syrian jew

Nigga, what. I don't think you've ever even owned a Palm, or didn't use it very much if you did. They did all of those and more.

Attached: 1554667644777.jpg (600x535, 47K)

Gimme that with an eight inch screen and make it a twist convertible like a tablet PC. In fact just give me a fujitsu P1510 with updated specs.

Attached: p1510.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Why is abandonware so fucking expensive? It's not fair bros...

you mean the pre? didn't help them much

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Smartphones mostly. Still use one for log keeping at my plant. Shit is slow as hell

Fucking copped, looks so sick.

I don't know what either of you are complaining about, PDAs are cheap as fuck. I've only paid >$40 for HPCs.
Stop trying to shill kickstarter trash.

HP killed nu-palm before it had a chance
you have to stick with this stuff for awhile if you want to get any kind of market penetration, but hp's homewrecker that replaced hurd saw no value in the brand and consumer tech as a whole

Then he ironically got shitcanned himself shortly after he shitcanned Palm beyond recovery. Sad. WebOS was the only good modern smartphone platform for power users.

sick, can you buy in the u.s.?

because syncing sucked and downloading apps from random websites to install from your pc sucked and losing all your data when the battery died sucked and handwriting to text sucked and no internet sucked.

jk i loved my m515 palm pilot, it was glorious. the screen was beautiful, the apps people made just for fun and utility were beautiful and the form factor was awesome.

anyone have that app that made it look like you were running windows 95 on your palm?

how about the one that made it look like you were drinking coffee?

oh and that fake fingerprint analyzer that would lock you out unless you hit scroll up?

did your palm have vibration? that "electric shaver" app was so cool!

who could forget the TRICORDER? and the MATRIX SCREENSAVER CLOCK?

I know they did, but it was too late in game. They were reacting and often over charging for the options. By the time they had those updates, another company beat them to it by 6 months or a year.

>PDA
it's called Windows 10 tablet now
To be honest, I really miss good old Windows Mobile 6.1. I used to own Samsung C6625 (Valencia) with Windows Mobile 6.1 and Garmin GPS Software back in middle school

Attached: Sketch (183).png (1728x1080, 2.95M)

The iPhone killed them all. It was babyboomer-friendly and had almost all the same features plus iTunes obviously that was one of the main reasons people settled with the iPhone, dumb idiots who had never heard of eDonkey or Kazaa because they never learned to use a PC.

The problem was also itunes could import the mp3 files from kazaa and you could label it if needed. It's simplicity is what make it popular, the store was there to make things easier. Many were already screaming about wanting it while Metallica was whining about lost tape/CD sales. Again they were reacting too late to what was already happening and caught off guard by the demand.

Palm has open application development and wireless file transfer since fucking 1997, while the Treo series brought over the other two. They weren’t late, Apple just did it more conveniently and more importantly basically re-wrote the rules of the game in ways other phone vendors couldn’t when it came to dealing with carriers.

I miss the old days of using handbreak on my Pentium 3 to reencode nice videos to a lower resolution and format that would fit a good number on the 1 gig sd card I used in my hp ipaq rx1950 while still having all my music on there too.
Also remember staying up till 3am chatting to thots on the built in msn client using my fingernail on the capacative screen because i was faster with that than the stylus

oops i mean non capactive

I have a Palm Pixi Plus with a dead digitizer and nobody sells replacements REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's more worth it, the Gemini PDA or a GPD pocket? I don't think I need any, but I want it

GPD Pocket for sure, I have one (1st gen), and have used a Gemini PDA.
The Gemini PDA feels like what it is: An android phone in portrait with a physical keyyboard gaffa taped on.
I use the Pocket all of the time, it's both great for a bit of last minuite browsing in bed, and I throw it in my bag every day to go to work, it weighs almost nothing and takes up no room even in a small messenger bag, and a you never know when having a full x86 pc with you will be useful.
TLDR gemini is a bit of a toy, pocket is a genuinely useful device. Also check out the one mix yoga series for a competitor

It's kind of expensive, really. I think it's nice, but was wondering if I could play very light games with it. It does seem powerful, honestly

>cellphones can't connect to printers
You know why? Niggers never have anything to print.
youtube.com/watch?v=rTzO-_Yl4d0

The batteries are dead by now, and there is no way to buy new batteries.
Whats the point?

Attached: 1548791031208.jpg (1080x1350, 127K)

Any of the Core M based ones (Pocket 2, OMY 2S) will happily play light games. Even the Pocket 1 was enough for Bejeweled 3 and Little Inferno etc on a long plane ride.