Tfw went from wintard to a arch loonix nerd in three weeks

>tfw went from wintard to a arch loonix nerd in three weeks
it was all because of you, user.
thank you, my friend

Attached: 1414002041143.jpg (400x388, 99K)

Did you get better at programming?

The time will come when something will fuck up really badly and repeatedly, and you'll seriously consider going back to Windows.

Don't do it. Stay with Linux. Eventually you learn enough that you can fix any broken installation by yourself with ease, and then you will begin to experience the true power of Linux: tweakability.

He started to believe. Good job on switching, user.

This is so true. Stick with it it's worth it.
Been using it for work and home almost 2 years now and dont know why I spent the rest of my life without it. Now am far more productive with Linux + kde + foss apps/tools than I ever was with Windows.

Had to move away from arch on my multimon desktop though, kubuntu instead. just too much glitching with kde plasma. Arch still on the laptop though.

>frogposter
>falls for the linux meme
Yep, nothing out of the ordinary here.

Attached: 1548456205644.gif (450x340, 462K)

The guy is discovering the world of free and open source software. A world of customization and knowledge. Don't stop his enlightenment.

now use xfce with arc

Which user are you talking about? I wanna learn too.

True. Eventually he'll discover that linux isn't ready for desktop use though. I hope he's at least using wayland.

Don't ready for desktop use if you don't like sitting down and reading a good documentation that is.

>tfw want to use linux again on desktop
>too much of a snowflake setup for good driver and software support

MURDER ME PLEASE

Attached: 1539673089080.gif (499x499, 1.27M)

good now go install gentoo, and be be truly blessed

>using wayland
Enjoy your bugs and major fucking issues because you have to poorly reinvent everything Xorg had that just fucking worked for every single goddamn desktop/window manager that uses it.

>using code written in the 1970s as a fundamental basis for all graphical output

The difference in performance between gnome on X/KDE and gnome on wayland is fucking insane. The animations actually run at 60fps, a feat never seen before in a linux desktop environment. Wayland is the biggest step linux has taken toward becoming a viable desktop operating system in decades.

>The difference in performance between gnome on X/KDE and gnome on wayland is fucking insane.
I tried Gnome on Wayland. It kept freezing, stuttering, the fucking animations were slow as shit, and nothing worked right. It just fucking worked perfectly smoothly (60fps) on accelerated Xorg.

So you're just lying. I swear, I think Wayland devs scour the internet looking for anyone who dares say anything bad about their shitty pet project.

That's interesting because it's the exact opposite of what has always happened for me. Maybe you should check your drivers. It's possible that you just don't know what 60fps looks like because you've never seen it, and there's some compatibility issue preventing you from running the display manager that can actually reach it properly.

Attached: 1552171060638.jpg (1080x1336, 252K)

>never seen 60fps
lel
>check your drivers
You mean the ones that work perfectly on accelerated Xorg and every game I throw at them? Sure, friend.

Try Gentoo

Holy shit custom patches in Portage are god tier
Arch AUR pales in comparison

Attached: 1555862083689.png (1196x703, 1.24M)

I really, really like this image.

lintards know very well their desktop shit is unstable af, kek

>The time will come when something will fuck up really badly and repeatedly
No it won't