Do we like it?

Do we like it?

Attached: Rust_programming_language_black_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 56K)

We love it.

No. The community is concentrated, distilled cancer, and they think their language is a replacement for both C and C++ and will do whatever they can to make everyone hate anything that can use raw pointers.

Until I see it actually running on legitimate hardware, I will not use it in any of my projects.

When the developers says "Don't use this language in any kind of embedded system for at least the next 5 years" I think it is a good idea to take that advice

It is literally unheard of outside this website.

We moved on to Swift

I don't like cults

No, we don't.

Yeah we all love it

literally what?

>When the developers says "Don't use this language in any kind of embedded system for at least the next 5 years" I think it is a good idea to take that advice
Why would you make things up?

Its literally the new hotness for back-end shit because of how "safe" it is or something i dont know shit about it but i saw a bunch of people talking about it

Attached: 576546346.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

It's fine, but I only code in meme languages.

I learnt it, I used it but then I wanted to use some libs to manipulate rar, tar & zip and also I wanted to do some cross-platform GUI stuff so I dropped it and I'm learning C++ now.

I will go back to it when the ecosystem will be more mature (IDE, libs) and may be before that for WASM memes.

It's a love/hate relationship.
It keeps cockblocking me when I try to get shit done, but it keeps me safe from my own stupidity.

> also I wanted to do some cross-platform GUI stuff
Rust can't into GUI because of the borrow checker.
Everything has to be wrapped in Rc, and
that's fugly. Might as well write GUI in another language.

Not a fan Rust, but I don't see the problem of writing GUI. I assume you do Rc to allow pointers to widgets. An easy to circument borrow checker is to use indices for the gagdets. If subtype polymorphism is a pain, then simply do tagged unions. However the lack of freedom to write code the way you want is an argument against Rust.

>However the lack of freedom to write code the way you want is an argument against Rust.
It's both an argument in favor and against, senpai.

>Rust can't into GUI because of the borrow checker.

I saw people praising RUST for its game making abilities and games are basically GUI

Sure! lack of freedom to write bad code is not a bad thing, but it also restrics you from writing good code.

>games are basically GUI
Umm what?!?

>Draw shit on screen

Why lie on the internet? everything is node and asp shit and php because of wordpress.
Also, actix is peak autism
>I saw people
>RUST
so you know nothing at all. the only popular rust game is hangman.

Drawing is the only similarity, I don't think that was the problem he had when writing gui.

>>games are basically GUI
>Umm what?!?
It's some form of primitive zoomer communication. It's like saying Dogs are basically PET.

>I saw people praising RUST for its game making abilities
nobody halfway competent is praising rust for its game making abilities

It's neat, it and go are the only languages that are bringing something new to the table beyond syntactic sugar, and go is kind of a stretch.
I could see it getting some real use, heck it's the only strong candidate for a C++ alternative at the lower levels.

If you are a mentally diseased retarded tranny, shit post blacked threads in /b/ and put "hurr duh dumpf" a lot in your shit posts in Jow Forums then you will love it.
>Based programmers use "C".

Attached: oldbastard.jpg (716x960, 95K)

>we
OP how new are you? Rust is trannyshit created with the sole purpose of bringing down the perceived white patriarchy of C.

We all know where the idea of microaggression checker came from. ;-)

cringe

It was stack overflow's most loved language for 2017, 2018, and 2019..?

Stackoverflow is fake and gay.

>Do we like it?
Only if you are a SJW believing in systemic oppression and hating white men.

Also the syntax is fucking ugly, the borrow checker is a pain, and the language is constantly adding new 'features', turning it into a gigantic mess.

Attached: Ashley Williams, Rust Community Lead.png (1169x1001, 656K)

GUIs aren't Rust's problem, whoever controls the platform decides the first class GUI language

They only like it because of the name. None of the morons on SO have actually programmed in their lives.

>we

Attached: 2015-11-27-793-Hawkesbury-River.png (1020x866, 3.38M)

This is honestly the worst part of the Rust community. Full of insane people who just carry their hatred of the world every where they go and accuse anyone who doesn't share all of their beliefs of being a nazi. I used to dismiss this accusation a generalization fo the behavior of a few people, but after years of interacting with the Rust community it's a sad reflection of many of them.

Rust shills are wasting their time. Any community that tolerates this is doomed to die

rust let's you use raw pointers, and it's really great to use alongside C and C++.

So this... is the creator of RUST...
I had no idea feminists could make video games

yes

I like it, but haven't made anything substantial with it yet.
Considering using Actix Web for an API some day (though Go would probably be the better trendy language to use for that use-case)

wew

rust is designed and implemented by people who don't understand why programming languages are called languages. it's a horrific mash-up of common programming concepts and syntax. rust has no direction or purpose of its own, it instead tries desperately to find acceptance among the languages it piggybacks on.

>#[allow(non_camel_case_types)]
Rust is a language for cucks who have to ask permission to name identifier's how they want.